Why doesn't Chromie time work to max level

This is probably the best feature in game atm, but it’s limited to just reach level 50. I cannot level through Shadowlands again, is so tiring and very mentally draining, why not make it so if you have a max level character who completed Shadowlands campaign they can unlock Chromie time to max level, so it’s a bit of a different experience for levelling your alts rather than doing the same campaign over again?

22 Likes

Because they want you to do the current expansion.

Submit a suggestion in game and maybe one day they’ll do it.

5 Likes

I’ve done the current expansion with my main.

1 Like

I really don’t understand people who complain about levelling a second character, having levelled around 26 myself at the moment. It is seriously super easy and trivial to do so. If that is too taxing for you, buy a boost, if they sell those.

I really don’t understand people that are unable to grasp the simple fact that others might want to level in different expansions.

They created Chromie time for this exact purpose, to add variety to the leveling, they should simply extend the function up to 60, and once you are there they make you click on the ToF quest and proceed normally within the game.

I leveled more characters than you, deleted a lot, releveled on other servers to avoid server cap, and always enjoyed leveling, yet I don’t see what would be the problem of letting people unlock chromie time to 60 after they leveled through the campaign. At 50 you will be able to go SL and do ToF/Campaign, or keep playing the old exp.

Is people suggesting more variety “whining” for you?

14 Likes

That’s not even a solution, since boosts work up to level 50 and it is the levels 50-60 that the OP has issues with.

1 Like

It’s quite simple to understand really, when you level an alt before 50 you have a wider selection of how and where you want to level. When you reach 50 you have to go to the Shadowlands if you want to reach max level. But congrats on the 26 alts.

1 Like

I agree. I was levelling a new character through the island and then to Pandaria (my favourite place) via Chromie Time to see how it all worked. I had every intention of locking her level before 50 but forgot and now she’s hit 50 I think she’ll have to leave.
I’ve done/am doing SL on 4 characters … I just wanted this one to do it all in Pandaria.

6 Likes

You do not need to go to shadowlands to get to lvl 60, it just take longer time.

2 Likes

if you have low level friend you can level to max level with friend in older content via party synch,.

1 Like

It is a fantastic idea actually.
Players could choose in which expansion they wanna play and do end content stuff as well.

Nobody would pick SL… fact

7 Likes

forcing people to play latest grindfest. yikes. no wonder wow is bleeding out subs faster than a bloodbag in a poorly made vampire movie

4 Likes

I can’t stand SL anymore, I don’t like any of the zones, I dislike the capital, I hate being called "Maw Walker’, I want to level in Pandaria or Northrend, I want to relive older dungeons that are fun. I hate that we are limited to take the same route just because it’s the latest content. Also the fact I don’t remotely care about Covenants and raiding makes levelling in SL useless to me.

8 Likes

Because fun is banned.

4 Likes

My rogue and paladin are both 55 and neither has gone through the Maw or done any Shadowlands. They did a combination of pet battles, old cooking dailies, Hyjal dailies, Darkmoon Faire, World Events.
This is without trying really. I think if you put some effort into finding an efficient route you could do a bunch of Cooking, Fishing, Profession and Pet Battle dailies that would be a level every few days, probably could do 50 to 60 in a couple of weeks without stepping foot in SL.

I just feel like Chromie time to max level would make it much easier and funner than doing dailies and pokemon

1 Like

It would put you so far behind on everything you needed to do in SL though.

Those like me that complain about it, is because we already did that for what feels like forever before (hello every start of new expansion cycles of leveling, Deal with the pros (but usually more cons) there was leveling at those times. Where everyone around is just a constant nuisance time waste for you)

Not everyone likes doing the same content that was created 7+ years ago again for the umpteen time. When will people like you start to see it from other types of experience players perspectives instead of people that are only like you when it comes to leveling…

would be really great to get loremaster with max lv chromie time to

I don’t “need” to do everything in SL, it’s an alt…

1 Like