Why doesn't getting the heroic/mythic version of a set unlock the lfr/normal/heroic version of it?

So, I just ran aberrus raid finder, and I’m well above the gear level that it drops. I have almost all of the set in heroic
The token for getting the legs dropped and I couldnt roll on it.
I can’t actually get the set anymore… So this seems like an oversight.
Some might say LFR is meant to look worse, but I prefer the appearance of the LFR set.

Unless there’s some function somewhere that I dont know about which will give the appearance? idk.

1 Like

Make an alt to roll on it, I’m going to do that once the experience buff goes live.

Waste of time. I’d say it’s faster to get M+2 gear or world content gear, and convert with Catalyst once the charges will be free and once we will have a tons of them.

1 Like

Yeah, I think this season it’s gonna be fine. Just get an item level 402 world content item, convert it with the Catalyst, get the LFR appearance, upgrade it (for only Flightstones) and you’ll also get the Normal one.

Last season was terrible because it was so hard to get items on the level that actually gave you the LFR transmog upon converting.

I still think he’s right though. It may be easier but there really is no reason to have players do the same thing they’re already doing on lower difficulties for transmog they have effectively already earned.

You can more easily overcome this problem now, but still.

Oh… well, I guess that alt priest i have at 70 will come in handy after all.
Stil lfeels bad to be stealing from people in those raids. Meh.

Just to throw a minor spanner in this.

The item has to specifically be from the suffusion camp world quest area to be catalyzable in 10.1. So the big dragon, the chest, or the world quest objective.

You’re best off spamming +2 to +8 keys for items to catalyze for tier.

I just googled what you’re all talking about, i had no idea about the revival catalyst…
What item level do you need for VOI lfr/normal/heroic/mythic and Aberrus LFR/normal?

Use the ilvls on the content as a rough guide. I’m pretty sure it’s 402-411 for LFR and 415-424 for normal.

So if you get a 411 ilvl veteran chest from M+ for example, you could catalyze it into an LFR chest, then upgrade it once to 415 and it’d give you the model for a normal chest as well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.