Why has rogue 5sec Kick?

I do find healers. I do not wonder.

This is either a lie, or you are unable to perform the most basic research on Google.

All interrupts used to cost resource up until the end of Cataclysm. Starting in MoP none of them cost resources. No changes were made to cooldown, range or lockout duration for at least 6 or 7 expansions now for any interrupt in the entire game, no normalization whatsoever except Rogue Kick CD that was nerfed, just so that it would have a CD in line with other melee interrupts, and Mage lockout duration that was nerfed, just so that it would have a lockout more in line with others.

Get your facts straight before posting. Unbelievable.

I would love to live in your small rogue bubble too but unfortunately you got used to your class being absolutely unfair and broken over the years so you cannot comprehend how 5s kick is actually dumb and not needed at all.

What can a warrior say that his kick is only 4s? What can a monk say that his kick is only 4s? Where does it make sense exactly? Oh yeah nowhere. And rogues getting the kick off is even easier than the mentioned classes on top of that :slight_smile:

1 Like

I disagree. Try to play a caster that isn’t fire mage against double baboon melee comp. You will not cast anything. Putting restrictions on interrupt will prevent bad players who do their 2 button pve rotation from being able to interrupt you. Gcd and Ressource costs will force melees to either hold their DMG to anticipate your spells, or do damage and then not being able to kick.
Of course as someone who exclusively plays the rogue you are biased towards having no Ressource costs. But I would only welcome having some actual skill requirement on the interrupt button.

It is nice to see that you answer besides the point.

You claimed every interrupt had been normalized except Rogue. I disprove it easily and bring to your knowledge that Rogue and Mage interrupts are actually the ones that got nerfed with the years.

So you were just wrong. Don’t try to answer some weird BS that has nothing to do with what I claimed because you can’t face being unable to use google for 10 seconds.

As for you …

Exclusively Rogue ? Mmh. Lets see. I have a Gladiator on Discipline Priest. My Priest is currently on 2.5 in a bracket which is about 700 more rating than your currently played caster. I went to 2.4 with two Druid specs in the last two seasons. I also played Shadow to somewhere around 2.3 in 3v3 sometimes in BfA pre corruption, don’t remember exactly when, although out of what I mentioned that is the spec I consider myself bad at. That’s what I play that casts. Where is the Rogue in Priest and Druid specs ?

I think that I actually know more about casting vs double melee than you do, judging by what your account displays as overall PvP achievements as well as highest rating on your different caster/healer classes.

Next time you try such a sneak attack make sure it’ll hit otherwise it just looks stupid.

In case it wasn’t clear :

I tried and I succeeded. Since you did not I would gladly offer guidance. Out of the goodness of my heart.

Am i the only one that thinks 5 second silence is better than Shaman’s interrupt for example? Even though they have bigger CD they can be crucial . 5 seconds without heal is a lot

And I play TBC classic with no issues with melee kick being on GCD and having costs. You can’t mindlessly use dmg abilities as warrior and as a caster you can actually breathe, even if the melee interrupts you. Since it will cost him some energy/Rage and a GCD.
And really, you are going to rating shame me because you disagree with me? That’s low. I expected better from you. And especially using glad disc priest as an argument who has two spell schools.
Just because you CAN outlive 2 melees and do anything, it doesn’t mean it’s a good game design.

Windshear has only 3s lockout but the fact that it’s cooldown is short and it’s long ranged, even for enh which is a melee spec, and resto having access to it as a healer spec makes it pretty good. Shadow, Locks, Boomkins and Mages have longer lockouts but they should carefully choose what to interrupt or they have 20+ seconds where they can’t stop crucial things.^^

I never claimed it would be an issue playing with it. I too played past versions of this game. But they are exactly that, past versions.

I believe thay interrupts are way more fit to the kind of game we are playing the way they are now. It really is as simple.

I do not know where in this you can read that it would be a painful issue causing a sea of troubles.

No. Disagreeing isn’t a reason. However you tried to make it look like I was a Rogue OTP who never played a caster against multiple interrupts to back up your argument (which shows how empty it was really). And so you forced me to tell you that I have and at higher levels than you, since it is the kind of argument that you use yourself. Next time you’ll check instead of throwing blind punches for no reason.

Says the person who started with the attacks. Don’t do it next time and the discussion will remain civil.

Disc Priest amongst other classes, for one, and secondly it shows how little you know about Disc in the current meta vs two melees. It doesn’t matter all that much that you have two spell schools. If you get locked on Holy at the wrong time you die. You know it, the enemy knows it, and so when the arena is made of 6 people with positive IQ they don’t randomly kick bait spells that heal for 10k after a 1.5s cast as a healer spec.

In the end game design is a point of view things. My point of view is that interrupts fit the game better the way they are now than when they were on global. You disagree. Cool. Walk your path, and enjoy it, I have nothing against it. Do not, however, go out of your way to have others (me here I guess) agree with you when they don’t.

1 Like

Okay. But please try to play first an affliction lock into warrior + shaman and tell me how it goes with your casts. And it’s not enjoyable experience.

cry in hunter for 3 seconds interrumpt 24 seconds cooldown and can’t be used if disarmed :sob:

My point the entire time was exactly that 5s kick is unfair and unneeded and does not make sense to exist anymore, seeing how they started to deal with interrupts in general esp mop>wod

This was my point but I guess you like to talk beside the actual point because you know it is true and anything going against rogue you must defend it.

Detail that “how” you are talking about ?

The changes to interrupts in MoP were the removal of resource costs, an increase to Kick CD and a reduction to Counterspell duration. And later, MoP I think, Druids lost the mana increase toed to their interrupt. I fail to see how what in that makes Kick make no sense anymore. There is literally nothing pointing towards that.

Very similar to playing melee into Mage Warlock. Not fun, but it is part of what you can face so …

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.