Why I Dislike delves

Torghast was awesome, people only disliked it because it was forced to progress instead of being optional. It also had no gear rewards tied to it, and the “scoring” system wasn’t great. The whole idea and the powers, bosses etc of Torghast was great.

A visions/torghast pve mode as an optional path with relevant loot would be amazing. No idea about delves, not tried them, looks kinda naff though like MOP scenarios which were just crap.

It’s fine to have subjective opinions, but Delves aren’t even out yet for testing. :sweat_smile: Even alpha testers haven’t even been able to fully try a Delve.

If you aren’t into this type of solo content, seeing you are so unhappy without fully knowing what it plays like… then why even care?

I am a PvP player, and don’t ever raid, but I dont go posting “I HATE RAIDS” on forums. :sweat_smile:

Actually an even better example which fits this scenario, would be me complaining about the first TWW raid, and how much I hate it, based on the little information I have on it, as a PvP player. :joy:

It is. It is called being a group of 3.

Wait for Season 2. The companion will change each season to give you a feeling of Story progression.

… Forgot delves were a thing and thought you were talking about the datamined dark elf things.

I usually have an army of alts in several stages of needing to catch up before I can actually play with friends without holding them back too much. But I also struggle with anxiety, which makes it hard for me to dive head first into the PuG world. The mid tier of keys are a toxic hellhole that I really don’t want to experience without friends. But I also do not want to drag people into dungeons they wouldn’t really want to do either.

So from the description in Naguura’s interview delves sound like a fantastic option for me to gear up alts in a lower pressure environment a little bit. I am quite excited about the potential.

3 Likes

True I should have included existing players.

Thought I will like Torghast (usually like that archetype), but after few floors I just gave up (recently came back to complete it for the achievement and it was still annoying). Thought I will hate Mage Tower, but I pretty much enjoyed, from learning mechanics to gearing and preparing for it.

So I would rather wait to try it by myself and then judge, but from what I saw seems interesting.

Glad someone else said it! Dark elves really are just the wors-

Oh you mean Delves?

5 Likes

Things i hate about delves has nothing to do with gameplay.

1: It’s scripted, it doesn’t have the freedom like torghast/islands.

2: there is an annoying npc following you without consent

3:No optional pvp mode

4: Doesn’t feel like it’s part of the open world.

Now tell me how does me playing the content will change my stance on the above?

why do you have to change your stance regarding delves? bein totally optional you can skip it. other ppl could try it and decide. its a win\win

1 Like

Aww that’s a shame. For me, the one redeeming quality was the fact that you didn’t get a loading screen. If it feels like you are… bleh.

Must admit having someone following you about would be weird and creepy.

That’s why all the ladies doesn’t know where I live, I don’t want them following me everywhere like they do on social media and stuff.

We haven’t tried it yet, so we don’t know if they made a scripted game mode fun.

We haven’t tried it yet, so we don’t know if they made the NPC “good”. Based on all the news that came out, when alpha released, it seems that they had a big focus on the NPC not being annoying. But again, we don’t know, because we haven’t PLAYED the game yet to try it for ourselves.

Because it’s not a PvP mode…? Again… this is exactly like my “raid example” in my last reply. Why bother complaining about a PvE mode, when you clearly don’t wanna do PvE. :sweat_smile: I don’t raid, but I also don’t go to the raid forum, and say “I HATE RAIDS because it’s NOT PvP!”.

HOW DO YOU KNOW??? :sweat_smile:

Did you have access to a beta key that I didn’t know they were passing out??

Seriously…. WE HAVENT EVEN PLAYED the game yet :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Nearly all of your “subjective complaints” aren’t subjective… they are guess work. You are imagining how it will be, without having actually tried ANY of it, and drawing conclusions based on your guesses.

Play the expansion or beta, and THEN have an opinion.

This is how misinformation spreads… when people draw conclusions, with NO actual personal experience to gather from.

Delves might be good, or it might suck horribly… but WE DONT KNOW yet hehe.

Exactly proves my point. Your stance isn’t based on a subjective opinion, because you haven’t actually PLAYED any of it yet.

You are “guessing”…. Not actually forming a subjective opinion.

Play the beta, and THEN create as many posts as you want, about “how much much you hate Delves”. Because THEN you actually have a subjective opinion to go from.

It’s like saying “I HATE ICE CREAM!”… but I have never actually tasted ice cream before. I’m just “imagining” how it tastes like, and then complaining about it openly in a public space. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This is like saying you don’t know if being robbed/assaulted is bad, you have to experience it first.

You are just objectively wrong, problem with delves are rooted in the systems but apparently it’s hard for people to tell the difference.

From what i heard about it it supposed to be a 1 man dungeon for high end loot…
I hope they make it like visions from BFA but little bit harder and if it’s not possible by default just make hardcore version of that so i can play solo for high end gear

I just got up and thought you were talking about some new elf race.
Like the Dumb Elves or something.
Don’t mind me, please go on.

@blizzard, please give these people a dark elf allied race instead of stone dwarfs.

1 Like

Wow. Dark elves would be a dream coming true. Drizzt do urden!

1 Like

In German we already have Dark Elves as the Darkfallen are called Dunkelelfen there.

If They make it hardcore it Will fail very fast.

1 Like