Why is Ashran so popular?

I can’t find anything fun/challenging about Ashran: it’s just 40 Horde fighting 40 Alliance for about 30 minutes. That’s it. A team with more healers and ranged usually wins. No tactics, just a boring mass fight. So why is Ashran so popular these days? Why it pops up every second epic BG i queue for?

not popular if u lose take hours to lose the bg somtims tend to leave the place fest

1 Like

Is it popular? I hate it. Before the patch i loved the epic queue all 3 bgs were fun for me but ashran is like smaking heads against each other till someone wins. Need the option back to cancel a bg from the queue

2 Likes

I didn’t play during WOD but I’ve been told that Ashran was more fun when it was current.
I really don’t enjoy Ashran because it seems impossible to kill the enemy general. It’s laggy as hell and melee players are practically useless, except death knights.
Healing is so brain-dead too, I just chill in the back, make sure to heal broccoli boi and rarely have to deal with enemies.
There is a lot of room for improvement.

1 Like

I dont know man it gives me brain damage when I join it as melee.

3 Likes

I think it should be lowered to 20 man only, having 40 vs 40 is horrid, you stand somewhere in the middle shooting at anything you can target and hope you hit something it feels like.
Ashran in wod was fine, where you had things to do and maby even having to split up to do some missions that popped up, now you fight in middle and honestly I do not even have a clue why one side sometimes win a flag becuse it is impossible to se what you are doing.

I havent done the BG yet but I loved it because the team comps were constantly changing meaning no team was dominant for long, something I assume isnt the case now that its a BG
Whats changed mostly? Does it end after the enemy general is killed? Do people even do the events? Are the consumables still there?

it used to be not anymore
now all i see is the good ol bots melee playing stupid charging dieing over and over like bgs

wheres the pvp devs at cuz i see ton of insta stupid who forget how to stun/click interrupt who should be banned

also sup with both factions you queue one other side INSTANTLY has all items/knows what to do+dumb melee cc/snare reduce buff

while yours is idiots/bots/honorbuddy/

wow surprised this behaviour is still allowed

Don’t expect melee to do the job on that place while aoe spams on their ways by boomie’s and mage’s.

Whenever I join ashran , I face 10 shadow 10 balance 5 mage teams. Ofc they will beat melee teams.

well ye but what i see if ppl playing STUPID and the alliance melee too few of them were rushing us
our dk was gripping the balance druid aa but noone else focused him

so yeah the issue is still bots/stupid people who dont know what to do

also both teams when i queued were equal range and melee
but bliz being genius has to put 12 healer on enemy team vs 3 on yours
and bot vs organised keeps going sup with this

I play warrior we have shield bash or charge. If I use charge 10 balance 10 shadow kills in few seconds.

Warrior is op in wintergrasp and alterac valley as melee. If you use your charge and attack enemy in isle of conquest , ranged can easily kill you.

You need to be on alterac or wintergrasp to make more than 25.000k damage as melee.

that is not the only issue and not what i meant
play a bg where your team does nothing but zerg does no cc/no interrupt no anything as a melee on a score map

aka ppl/or are they being stupid
i just see clueless people with melee specs just rushing ahead and dieing multiple times when they can be useful defending at the back from rogues

Because you are able to do the Nemesis quests if you have Gladiator Sanctum lvl 3 at your garrison.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Would be a lot more fun if they could atleast fix the lag.

If you hate Ashran then you just play for the wrong class.

While I’m over 10.000k damage on my warrior on twin peaks , arathi basin etc.

I can’t do anything on ashran with warrior.

Enemy comes with 10 balance 10 shadow and kills melee in few seconds.

Since horde has permanent graveyard in their base. I killed only for once so far.

1 Like

its popular?
every time i join ashran, 50% of the players leave immediately after the loading screen

1 Like

I think he means every random epic que is ashran right now. I started to get only ashran since this patch.