Why is Blizz butchering Sylvanas?

RIght. They saved your sorry asses from the trolls and when they needed help with the scourge you did nothing.
Elfs are the plague

I think Mion should instigate the takeback of Gnomeregan!!!

2 Likes

They had all the chances to stop Arthas before he turned against them. Don’t pin human failures on us. The Scourge threatened everyone, the Lorderon humans were just too naive to act when it was necessary. Stratholme should have been the turning point but nope. Arthas entered the capital city without being stopped and murdered Terenas, and then slaughtered everyone inside of the city when it was too late. All of this was the humans fault.

I smell jealousy :wink:

We repaid them with aiding them in the second war, paying money for Nethergade, sending a far too big force to invade Draenor, paid even more money for bulding the valley of heroes in Stormwind, founded Dalaran among freshly trained human mages and sent a token force to discover the origins of the plague. What was the prize of this help? Genocide, a destroyed kingdom and almost dying through mana starvation. Humans can’t be trusted.

Huh? Garrosh was an ungrateful whiner way back in TBC and became a berserking moron pretty much the moment he joined the Horde. He was never a character anyone could feel sympathy for.

2 Likes

Wait hold on, the reason for them to go to war was good.
It was pretty obvious that the Alliance would, eventually, attempt to wipe out the Horde, and straight after the war with the Legion was the most vulnerable moment they could prevent the Alliance from recovering.

The Alliance had bolstered their ranks way too much, with the Vindicaar, lightforged and void elves, but meanwhile the Horde had mostly suffered losses, and the only real addition to their arsenal was the nightborn.
By striking at Teldrassil, the Horde cut a deep wound into the Alliance, almost wiping out the night elves, one of the most powerful races, and allowed them to push a war campaign.

1 Like

Wrong, he was depressed in TBC due to the health of the greatmother and the actions of his father.

After joining the horde he attempted to be a hero, he punished his underlings for attacking the alliance from behind in Icecrown, he threw Krom’gar off a cliff in Stonetalon for murdering children, his character was heading in a positive direction and could of given the horde a warchief to be proud of.

Instead they took his character in the following expansion and turned him from a decent character fighting to make the horde proud and honour his father into a crazy raging lunatic, he’s the epitome of bad writing incarnate.

3 Likes

Garrosh did nothing wrong, he brought industry and commerce to orgrimmar. Ate night elf babies like any good orc should Man’s a hero.

Anybody who has been paying attention to Sylvanas since Warcraft III would not be surprised by the way she is acting lately. She has always been very very bent on getting the job done, no matter the cost. This was her character even when she was a High Elf. Everyone to her was just an arrow in the quiver.

So yeah, she is totally in character. She did not suddenly become a crazy genocidal dictator. I don’t know where so many players get this “morally grey” narrative from, but she was never morally gray. She was always downright evil and cared little for those who were under her–they were always a means to an end. Her fate to become a Banshee was written in the stars.

The difference is that Sylvanas is very subtle about it. She gives those under her the illusion that she cares for their best interests, and apparently this translated to players as well. In reality, she only cares about her own interests.

2 Likes

The night elves have not suffered any significant casualties because no main character has died outside of Delaryn and Sira. And they are both useless traitors anyway and Sira is a whiny crybaby. Population and soldiers do not matter because Blizzard will create an entire army out of nowhere everytime they need an army.

By the way the Horde is weeks away from losing the war according to Shaw, Wyrmbane and Nathanos. What a great war campaign! The only reason why the Alliance is not finishing it right now is because of plot reasons. We all know that the Kul Tiran fleet will be destroyed by N’zoth so that a balance is created once again between Alliance and Horde.

Not until she became undead. That was Arthas’ fault. And she died as hero protecting her kingdom as hard as possible.

From “Then she suddenly gets retconned” to “Then suddenly, retconned”. A better way of summoning up Blizzard’s story telling now a days. Nothing is fixed, what is written in lore one expansion, isn’t worth the bits that composed the text when the next expansion is out. They’re going for “cool” and don’t care about lore.

Sylvanas is becoming Garrosh 2.0, despite them saying she isn’t Garrosh 2.0. Jaina becomes an all powerful deus ex machine to throw in a flick her magic wand around to save the day from Anduin’s bad decisions. And then we have Genn, who is always placed a a growling sort of voice when needed, but doesn’t actually have too much of any worthwhile lore to it, only bearing the buhu grudge of sylvanas killing his son.

So basically, just forget about the lore. In the end it’s old gods anyway. That’ll be their big reveal. I wouldn’t be surprised if it turned out that they’ll write Sylvanas as the “good guy” suddenly, the only one not influenced by N’Zoth given her state of being a free willed banshee. Speaking of which, awfully convenience that she can now suddenly transform at will into her banshee form, despite that she got her body back ages ago. Wouldn’t that be an awfully good power to have say, years ago?

4 Likes

Disagree I think she cares about the forsaken and the blood elves as she herself is one. The rest of the horde she gives little cares about though. Bit like garrosh with the pro orc horde.

1 Like

She had the ability to go banshee in wc3 or do I remember that wrong?

I don’t think she could turn into a banshee. She was a Ranger unit, Banshee and Dark Ranger. Banshee had the ability to possess while as a Dark Ranger she could raise undead (as she did with Velonara) but I don’t think she could transform to a banshee.

One popular theory is that she’s only possessing her own dead body, but it doesn’t make sense because her entire form changes to a banshee. If she possessed her own body she should drop that body when she goes into her banshee form, but the entire body changes. So my guess is that Blizzard figured out it would look cool, and implemented it. It’s not going to be long before they retcon it so she had that ability all the time, just completely forgot about it until BfA.

1 Like

Guess she is the only class that had abilities added during this expansion instead of taken away :joy::rofl:

2 Likes

Hehe, yeah, she should consider herself lucky :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.