Why is Blizzard not taking anything against this boosting spam?

I really am honestly wondering why Blizzard is intentionally REFUSING to take actions against boosters in LFG channel. Why have they bothered to create a rule that boost advertising in general is not allowed in the looking for group channels and yet they just blatantly decline to take any actions against those accounts in any shape, form or fashion.

Most of them are exclusively advertising their illegal websites for their real money boosting services. Majority of them are intentionally registered in Russian Federation so that they can just free-scam people without any legal actions being taken seriously. By not taking any actions against them you are encouraging those services to freely scam people and letting them abuse people’s personal data.

I am a new player and started playing in November when Shadowlands launched. I love mythic+ and am constantly in LFG finder and to be quite frankly honest, I’ve never seen such a careless customer staff. I report minimum 20 of those boosters per day and I imagine hundred more people are doing this couple of times per day, as when I relog they are back there filling my LFG of spam.

If Blizzard are so desperate and out of budget for GM staff to be spamming the ban command, I offer my services completely for free. I would GLADLY spam the ban hammer 14+ hours a day in LFG to get rid of all of those pathetic scum.

2 Likes

Because they make a lot of money from it. Boosters get gold, but Blizz real money, a lot of money.

9 Likes

Then they can just remove that rule and allow everyone sell boosting services in whatever channel they prefer.

That’d break the status quo.
If they did so they’d be an uproar. It’s much more profitable to have this sort of lenient " We don’t condone them but we won’t punish them for it " situation for them.

2 Likes

Man, this is a p2w game or as people here like to say “pay for faster progress”. Accept that fact as soon as possible and it will be much easier for you. I’m sure if the game was as popular as it used to be, then they would certainly do something about it, but now they really have no reason to give up those extra nice earnings.

2 Likes

I love the argument of “I’d get it myself but it would take me a lot of time” or “when I got boosted I didn’t just stood there, I had to play myself” xD

4 Likes

And what’s even more tragicomic is that they think someone believes them :joy:

Cos of boosting game just lost their core meaning.Everything are worthless. Even gold, ehh I will just get more tokens.
MMORPG are about time sink and thats how you show off. Rare mount, cool tmog or just gladiator standing there on his mount and gear, so he should be good, lets go inspect him. Ohh nooo, that gladiator just backpedaled away, ehh next time I will inspect his gear
Now, name the thing what you would feel proud of, meanwhile Andy just bought the same thing what you are proud of and worked hard to get it.
Thats just long story,short, but I do not remember when last time I had WOOOW factor and did inspect some player.

1 Like

By the lack of blizzard response I will accept that they agree with everything I said.

Yeah the amount of boosting in LFG channels is seriously getting out of hand. I tried looking for a PUG the other day and there were like 15 boost groups clogging up the LFG tool for that particular instance; absolutely awful!

2 Likes

I think there is a serious problem when you try to create a group for X content for one hour next to the fact you could’ve spent that one hour doing overtime at work to hire boosters and get said X content done faster than your average PuG.

You are not alone wanting a cleaner LFG, I also report all the boost spam but it feels like an uphill battle that isn’t really achieving anything. I would love to see harsher or at least more effective punishments. Nothing they are currently doing seems to be working.

I’m fine if they sit in trade but that should be the only place we see them. As you right point out many of them in the group finder are for dodgy third party sites that offer boosts for money.

Because they do not care and people who buy boost are players who choose to buy boost so that they can feel a little bit better. Its disgusting but also very human thing. We all like it easy and comfortable.

They do get punished, using the LFG to advertise gets your account suspended. Its that they make so much Gold that they just have new accounts laying around, or they buy new ones.

1 Like

Blizzard loves boosters because they keep the token economy going. They will never outright admit it but there is a reason they refuse to implement stricter measures.

Just look at how much vendor prices have skyrocketed while the acqusition of raw gold has been repeatedly nerfed since the introduction of the token. If you want cosmetic rewards, like mounts and pets, you better be prepared to get your debit card out.

1 Like

“Those damn boosters” - Blizzard.

1 Like

Yeah at this point its probably the only thing thats keeping the game afloat and on point with profit forecasts.

1 Like

Game has a sub and a content drought for like 6 months. All they did with our sub-money was/is maintaining the game.

1 Like

because blizzard is a greedy company that only cares about money

Truth be known: players that buy boosts are not really the type of player that WoW needs, but for various - some public - reasons, it’s the level of player WoW currently deserves.

Until we get a consensus within the game that boosting is a plague that an MMO-RPG could well do without, we’re stuck with it.

EDIT:
From memory, one of the biggest (worst?) “green lights” for Boosters was including the game content with a subscription… remove that & some proportion of the ‘seedier’ side of the playerbase will evaporate.