Why is gearing up alts right now such a pain?

Hey, /title

Why do I have to farm over 700 aspects on my 4th alt if I already farmed that amount on my main? It’s ridiculous to spend so much time gearing alts.

On my DH I’ve farmed 450 wyrm crests, and 150 aspects, and another 545 aspects are needed for full gear upgraded (remember that we can have 7 crafted items, that’s 60 each).

545 aspects are 45 dungeons, if it’s fast you can do 2 runs in a hour, that’s 22.5hrs just farming crests. It wouldnt be a problem if I did not do that already.

This should be addressed in the future, it’s so much pain to spend this amount of hours (ehm more like days, my rough guess is it will take about 48-72hrs of farming) on alt.

To be honest, I would like that they add new ways to spend those crest. Rather than giving them to alts.

Like paying crests to upgrade your key.

Because I am capped in ALL forms of currency. ALL of them. And I have no way to spend them.

1 Like

naturally they should do 2 things:
crests / flightstones account bound

can sell crests for good gold to a vendor or be able to buy consumables (flasks, food, runes)
Or like you said give an option to upgrade your key level. This is tricky though and needs restrictions otherwise every mupped will increase their key to 18 even though they completed only a +2. As this requires a lot more thought, it probably will never happen.

account wide crests or converting crests to alts is much easier.
Actually I would like it more if we at least only have to pay half price for alt upgrades similar to flight stones.

Half price like it is with flightstones is totally fair and should be implemented yesterday. And I’m even fine if they do that a bit later in season, let’s say when full raid finder is open. and yes, I know it has nothing to do with LFR. it’s just about timing.

Yeah it gets a bit awkward. I did the math yesterday for my druid where i hitted the +16> keys now and i need about 30-35 runs of +11-15 to get over the wyrm-level where aspects will not bring me anything till i upgrade those slots with wyrms.

basically you need to choose to run 17s
so you get crests that you can downgrade and can get hero gear.
If you choose to run 11s, you get crests faster but you get a lot of gear that you dont want and also you waste more crests on upgrading = need more dungeons.

the kicker is obviously that you cannot get in groups.

I am running currently 11s on my warrior tank with ilvl 435. I can only run my own key as nobody invite me but I am losing already my interest if I am looking a the shear number of dungeons I have to run to have decent gear for 20s lol

basically on alts the challenge is not to run 20s but to get decent enough ilvl that someone will play with you in 20s

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.