Why is live chat not available?

Hello,

How come Blizzard Live Chat isn’t online in the EU and haven’t been all day? No information in regards to it at all. I have an issue with a space that has been added to my last name on my account (In the end of it) like "GenericLastName " instead of “GenericLastName” that I would like to get deleted. My ticket has been open for 48 hours and no option for live chat anywhere to get this 1 minute issue fixed. :confused:

2 Likes

Live chat isn’t available for all issues. Only for issues that can be fixed by the GM’s running the live chat.

I suspect that the reason its not available to you, is because you will need to prove both your identity, and ownership of the account, which can only be done by the submission of documents via ticket (hence, not actually a 1 minute issue).

It is not available for me in any type of function. Not the “not listed here” - not “payment issues” - not general account issues. It appears to be not up at all and haven’t been since 8 AM this morning.

Most issues should be taken care of through a ticket. Live Chat isn’t there for people to moan at the customer service, it’s for real issues that talking to someone that needs a lot of interaction are for.

Your issue is one for a ticket only, it’s not urgent.

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/612/ticket

That is totally fair and I don’t question that part. I merely ask if there’s updated guidelines for the live chat as it currently is unavailable.

Live chat is only available for some issues and they are not known to us players, and one is not yours, obviously. Just use a ticket, I gave you the link for it, it will take them a few days.

1 Like

I’m glad to see your issue was resolved, Convertibull!

As some posters have explained, Live Chat isn’t available for all support cases. There’s also a chance it’s not available on a day or time you’re trying to contact us. It may be worth a try to check on another browser or device to make sure it’s not a local issue, which is possible.