Why is Nazjatar mechanics so different from Mechagon?

When you compare these two zones it kinda looks like they were designed with completely different game studios. Mechagon has rares with decent timers which revolve around 1 hour and some rares that have simple mechanics to summon them (drills,quest or item). Now you have the same thing in nazjatar too but its like the design team did that zone just to spit on to everyones face. Most of the rares are in over 1-2 hour spawn timer those that have mechanics to summon work everyone once in a while (avarius,tidemistress, other elementals). The difference in this is that while you miss rares on both zones, missing rare in nazjatar means you wont have chance to kill it in a really long time.

Second thing is drops from rares. Both zones have kinda collectors achievement which requires you to kill stuff to get loot, with the only difference that in Mechagon its ok that you kill those rares that have decent spawn timer and known spawn spots compared Nazjatar with rares spawning all over the place with twice as long spawn timer. And the best part being items that drop from normal mobs that have less than 1% drop rate.

Again completely different philosophy, one that many players dont mind doing and one that players really despise doing. Everyone always wants to talk about time vs reward where you evaluate the reward for the time spend on getting some item. Nazjatar collecters achievement gives you 10 achievements points while mechagon gives you actually useful items in the zone and that 10 achievement points.

Convince me how Nazjatar is supposed to be a well designed zone?

Different respawn timer = completely different mechanics?

Anyway, Nazjatar is designed in the usual way, while Mechagon is experimental, that’s the reason.

Never actually said those specific words in my post but thanks for not reading at all.

I dont have to since i enjoyed it alot as much as mecha is getting on my nerves :slight_smile:

Simply different opinions

Mechagon is an interesting/unique zone, where they’re trying out quite a few new things, Nazjatar is a much more traditional zone in many ways.

I think you’ll find your criticism of Nazjatar would apply equally to Zuldazar or Vol’dun for example, and i don’t really see how any of what you said would lead to it being considered less well designed.

With regards to the rare mobs specifically, the big difference is that in Nazjatar you have no real reason to target any specific mob, so the spawn times just aren’t an issue. The few that have a particular use (like say Avarius for miners) can be summoned, with a fairly short cooldown period in between successive summons. For everything else, you just kill whats on your path, they’re essentially all the same.
When it comes to the achievements, the Nazjatar meta achievement takes about 13 weeks minimum anyway (due to the laboratory being weekly) so you’re likely to have run into nearly each rare by accident at that point, if not already.

In Mechagon many of the rares have unique drops that matter, even to non-collectors, and which aren’t always available due to the daily variation in active projects. So the increased spawn rate makes sense there.

What exactly makes my critisms applicable to zuldazar or voldun?

But my whole critisms revolves around killing the rares multiple times for the collectors achievements so I dont know why you would just dismiss it as something that doesn’t matter.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.