Why is outlaw so horrific to play?

Honestly its just a constant mess of buffs, randomly overlapping combo points, surprise free finishers and adrenaline rush makes the rotation super janky. Is this the best blizzard come up with?

1 Like

They should probably delete Roll the bones.
It’s a pretty lame ability.

A brawler rogue spec sounds fun but RNG is always lame.
RNG combo points are lame too, as you said, I agree.

4 Likes

it’s really awful when classes are dependant on on spell …

Try Classic-Tbc- Wotlk…

If you wanna see the best of the best of what rogue clas was …tbc-Wotlk with ARP…

I boosted my Rogue to 70 just because was main in like 5 expansion .

I’ve never been a fan either. I’ve only played it a bunch after they added the pistol and the grappling hook, cause those are two things I think are cool, but I still can’t enjoy the gameplay. But I still enjoy Subtlety, so I haven’t given up on the class itself.

I like how outlaw plays but there are problems for sure. For me, main problems are:

1. Too many maintenance buffs like slice and dice, ghostly strike, bte buff, blade flurry and cooldowns that don’t really feel like cooldowns. Has no cool ability that really feels juicy to press (would be nice if killing spree hit hard)
  2. need to have 100% uptime or you will start losing buffs and will begin to feel awful as everything compounds together over time and you run out of energy etc. Dying at any point is severely punishing
  3. can’t save cooldowns for any particular moment. you have to pop everything anytime it comes up to keep everything flowing. also leads to very poor synergy with aug
  4. its tuned around having perfect play and above-average rng for the entire boss/key which requires way more concentration and luck than needing to do that once every one or two minutes
  5. its hard-capped at 8 targets but it’s often weaker on 1-8 targets than other specs (e.g. a shadow priest right now) but will get destroyed on 9+
  6. Doesn’t scale with haste and its mastery is terrible so it gets worse as its good stats like vers reach diminishing returns
  7. utility is lacking compared to what some specs have now (e.g. ret pal) - you need to use vanish for dps, shroud is next to useless as loads of mobs have truesight or you need 95% of the trash to complete the dungeon anyway, etc.
2 Likes

Completely out of context comment here sorry but did you tried fury warrior :smiley:
5 target hard cap

I feel you bro! I don’t hate target caps in and of themselves but you should be destroying everyone else in e.g. 5 mob pulls. But they only seem to be a disadvantage and not a niche so feels bad.

To be honest Assassination feel the same, a bunch of unnecessary buffs and skills that disrupt your rotation instead of feeling rewarding.

1 Like

It’s a lot of RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG. And it’s even going to get worse in TWW if you take Trickster as your hero spec.

Sometimes in raids it feel so unstable due to the Luck/Bad Luck I have with RNG. That midway into ramping up to Vanish kicking off CD that I’m in an energy starvation due to Opportunity not kicking in for several Sinister Strikes and then when I use vanish there is not a single Ace up your Sleeves proc and I just wasted an entire Vanish CD

3 Likes

Bring back the combat spec.

I was rogue main up to legion where they revamped combat to outlaw.

It sucks to being forced to change my main

1 Like

Yea I feel like they need to add some sort of bad luck protection, or something builds up every time you press it with no proc so when it does proc its much more effective.

Pressing sinister strike / bte 5+ times without procs feels so bad you’re also balanced around having it proc on its % chance. On 5+ minute raid fights this averages out, but if it happens in short fights or an important m+ pull it feels terrible.

I don’t mind the feast or famine idea in theory, but the variance pack to pack in keys is too pronounced currently imo.