Why is pala farming fine, but mage not?

Exactly.
Why did mage get changed then, so they can’t do this anymore?

You defended the mage changes earlier, but now you agree indirectly… Ehhhhhhh?

I never defended “mage changes”. I said they only used terrain and pathing exploits. A protection paladin is supposed to be able to just face tank stuff and a mage is not.

I´m not for any class changes. I´m for destroying boosting.

That trinket wont matter in wotlk, imo. The selfheals through seals/judgement is good enough for lowlevel content.

Are you going for realm first 80 ? If no , cry me a river .

if exp nerf will be the same as in Season of mastery, it will be still possible to boost 70-80 lvl in WOTLK dungeons (which is the biggest part of boosting market anyway).

I enjoy farming dungeons on my mage - feels like i’m breaking the game… but realistically you make very little gold from drops + raw.

Banning gold being used to pay for in-game services (like boosts) is the solution.

I’ll repeat what I’ve said in other threads since people are going to write “But you can’t stop it, people will just blah blah blah”. Players want it banned, Blizzard don’t want people to do it. So Blizzard should ban it - not try and patch it - but make it against TOS.

I don’t care how it’s enforced, THAT is not the players problem to fix. Blizzard enforce it however they need to.

tl;dr

Don’t “fix it”. BAN it. Enforce it however you like.

The fun fact is even if mob are slow immune … you can still do it as 70 Mage with Hyjal/BT gear. Just tank more hit with Mana Shield if necessary, blink on cooldown, and use zanza so you run faster than mob. Once you are in the spot, even if mob are not slowable you can still kill them. It just take a bit longer but it still very easy to do. Even better, it’s gonna be a total joke on pre-patch with instant Living Bomb in Fire spec.

This nerf is a joke.

If you really want to nerf XP boost in dungeon, it’s easy : remove the experience that you get in a dungeon and provide a “XP Bag” that you can get once the dungeon is done (all boss killed). When you kill trash mob and bosses, the experience is awarded in the XP bag. After the last boss kill (no matter the order of bosses), the XP bag is released and everyone get the shared experience. The XP bag is updated while running the instance and killing mobs, so that a full clear award the most experience and a “last boss rush” award very little amount of XP.

Think about XP bag as an object that live as long as the instance exist, and is updated at each mob/boss kill like a XP counter. Instead of giving experience immediatly after a kill, it is delayed untill you kill all bosses. If you can’t kill all bosses, then you can not get the XP bag

Once released, mob that still exist in the dungeon don’t provide any more XP in the bag.

That mean it’s still possible to do dungeons boost, but it’s way more inefficient since you have to clear all bosses and even if some of them are doable for a Prot Pal or a Mage that abuse pathing. You’ll have to spend a tons of time with enhanced risk of wiping.

You need to have boosted players that play the game, they can not AFK and get experience. They have to heal and DPS bosses, they can wipe, body aggro by accident due to their low level, it’s really a nightmare if you have to take care of everything.

For lower dungeons level you can apply the same system. That would reduce the XP per hours since booster would have to pull and kill all bosses.

With this system in place, and increasing XP in open world, dungeon boosting like we know is dead. If you still want to boost, you can and you would probably have some buyers. But you know that you need to be prepared and all players will have to play, like a standard dungeons.

1 Like

False. They want you to spend your money on tokens to afford the GDKP nonesense.
If you get scammed trading gold retal → classic they just earn more token money!

Are you tripping?
The paladin i saw pulled and kill all 96mobs in 10 mins. When google i could find a single mage with Zanza doing it in 9mins 20. Just that is really hard, most mages take longer.

It is also way easier to get close to the fastest Paladin times, than fastest mage times.

If you do it right paladins don’t have a chance to die, if you mess it up then either can die. If mob pathing is the issue, surely you fix that instead of making mobs immune to slow after 30s?

1 Like

Paladins dont abuse faults in the geography either.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.