Why is pala farming fine, but mage not?

So right now 2 of the fastest ways to level from 70-71 would be solo slave pens as either a mage or a paladin.

Based on blizzards recent posts it seems likely that the mobs in slave pens will be made slow immune, so mages will not be able to do this farm. Yet paladins who can the slavepens 96 pull even faster than mages will be fine to farm it till 71. It just makes no sense why 1 method is fine, and the other is not.

If anything the mage farm takes more skill than the paladin 1, which really just requires the correct gear.

In general i don’t see the point of making mobs immune to slows. It seems like you can stop boosting by just nerfing xp with high level players in the group. It just seems designed to give prot paladins a monopoly on the best aoe farms. No doubt a few prot pala’s on the classic dev team.

5 Likes

That is exactly what i’ve been preaching aswell!
The exp nerf is more then sufficient.

Now they only let loose more Prot Pally farms and destroyed alot off the mage gold farms…

Why don’t they remove selfhealing from Prot Pally to counter Pally boosting? It’d be as drastic as removing frost mage’s freeze…

2 Likes

While i agree that boosting should be removed in it´s entirety, i´m not sure what selfheal you are referring to. The healing spells? The seal? Or do you per chance mean the Colossus trinket? :frowning:

They already heavily cucked and ruined mage aoe farming in TBCC (something something degenerate gameplay, a big problem)
but let paladins farm/boost instances for free and they’re just doubling down on it even more now. It makes no sense and I am quite rattled.

1 Like

Mages on the beta still do some instances but both mages and palas can’t really boost lower level players.

I would say Blizzard is still recovering from Mara farms :wink:

But pallys can still goldfarm dungeons.
Mage cannot…

Yes, they can do less but still there was beta footage from mage testing solo instance farming. It’s hard to tell what’s the difference right now.

Note that early on in wotlk it may be beneficial to farm and skin drakes in one dungeon and then mine and herb in few other. This benefits tanks and stealth classes.

Well yeah, if you are maxed out and going into ZF… Were you don’t even need to slow cuz you bugg out the mobs… That’s kind of ridiculously overgeared, overleveled and bugged :sweat_smile:.

To be fair mages were just exploiting terrain and paths to be able to solo dungeons. Paladins straight up tank the sht :slight_smile:

1 Like

They fixed SP though… Was still doable, just required skill. Not standing still spamming concecration.

Paladin runs are slower, require a “proper gear”, they don’t kite mob for several minutes they take damage and have a chance to die and i guess the most important one : they don’t abuse of mob’s pathing.

Pally faster in Strat for example.
Blizzard aoe damage cap exists.

So does mage

So does mage.

Now mages have too, before you didn’t need to… Also, blizzard fixes these things. SP water at entrance, the edge at first boss, …

1 Like

Neither can druids. Too bad.

When could they though.
They have flight form gathering, that’s enough.

Never, but this discussion is moot. If the devs dont want class X to be able to do Y then they wont. It does not matter if class Z can do Y.

Paladins are effecient to do that but it’s more like a “normal” run against low level mob. It’s “just” raw power difference.

Mages are doing specific run with a specific spec, kiting mob to specifics spots and rotating to an other specific spot to exploit mob pathing.

Just delete mage and paladin classes entirely.

The game will be much better without rmt slaves.

Paladin master class!

Is now the time to advertise for sp boosting:P?

want to kill pala boosting? just kill the colossus trinket

No need to kill a specific trinket. If you are talking about boosting, just remove any exp if the level difference is too severe.

I dont see a problem with a paladin farming low lvl dungeons for gold or items ( for instance strathholme holy water for MH/felmyst)

After all, different classes can and should be able to do different things.