Why is rating change not consistent after win or lose?

I might win 3 games in a row and gain a total of 24 rating, then lose 1 game and drop like 15. Make it consistent. I want to know the reward-cost of going into a game. It is not fun when it is so random. I might spend a whole night to gain 50 rating only to lose 60 rating in the next 3 bgs. A couple nights ago we were 4/4 wins, sweet, then we did 2 losses in a row and i ended up with the rating as i started after like 3 hours of playing. Make. It. Consistent. Please.

1 Like

It is consistent, just not in the way you see it. If you play with a 2000 MMR team and you are 1500 yourself, you will almost never lose CR. If you are 2000 and play with 1500 you will never gain and always lose.

They try to match teams with equal skill with eachother. Maybe your team’s MMR should be shown before you enter a game so you can see if you are at risk or not.

My tip would be to play with the same team constantly, and start low so you get a high winstreak - then your MMR will skyrocket and it will be easy for you to get cr.

yea i’ve been playing with the same guys the past couple of weeks. The other day we went 3/3, so from our ~1.7k mmr after 3 wins we played against 2ks, so we lost 1, then another 1 to 1.9ks, then another 1 to high 1.8ks, and overall i gained maybe 2 rating after 6 games. Like i get it, you win and your mmr increases, but it seems like it scales so badly. My skill doesn’t go from 1.7k to 1.9k with 3 wins.

Be careful who are you playing with.

I know resto shaman cant be picky,because people don’t want resto shaman in rated bg’s (i got one myself)

But,if people have a lot of games played,and about 50% win rate or even negative win rate,don’t play with them,even if they have 1900 rating.Their mmr is in hell.

They gonna tank your mmr as well,and result is going to be exactly what you are dealing with now.

Also,do not invite low cr people just because they have gear,or don’t invite people just for sake of inviting someone because you have been sitting in lfg queue for 10-15 minutes.Always play with people around your cr,who have positive winratio.

Take your time making proper group,and its going to pay off,believe me.

I spent 2 months doing 70 rbg games on my shaman,because i didn’t want to play with everyone just for sake of playing,but most of the times i got declined just because i played resto shaman.

This is me not being a smart a**,i am trying to help you because i did a lot of rbg’s and i wish for people to have better succes there.

1 Like

The differences in MMR might be due to your teammates or just due to the low population PvP has at the moment. But also, take every loss as a way to learn. Then you will be able to improve and maybe get a higher winstreak.

If you win 3 games and lose 3 games your W/L rate is 50% right? And you gained 2 cr. That seems fair to me. If you win more you climb. Looking at your stats (not trying to be toxic) you have less than a 50% winrate. And I think that is what might make you lose CR or have a weird MMR.

As Demøn said, playing with consistent teams and taking your time to make a group really makes a huge difference.

im sure i have a messed up mmr yes. Costs of pugging RBGs :frowning: It just really bothers me how i might win against similar mmr team and gain +7 rating and then lose from similar mmr team and drop 15. It feels so random. Also i hate how a couple wins in a row and you suddenly play with teams 2 brackets above you. But thanks for the input, with the new season ill try and handle it better

The problem with RBG MMR though, it takes a waaay too wide range of player ratings to go into your games

this system is frustrating. We win a game +11, we lose the game after -17 whereas we dont chose our opponent, this is not fun.

And the whole thing is broken by boosters and mythic gear, we should not be able to face at 1400 cr a team full 227 ilvl, though this is often happening. I mean this rating system should at all cost take ilvl into consideration for match making. Ilvl should have priority on CR for match macking it would solve so many problems. Currently it is so stupid, just too hard to upgrade gear by pugging in pvp

1 Like

This used to be way to go, but its kinda irrelevant since BFA, especially in SL. Getting randomly 2 shot by something hitting you for over 50% of your life with their rng procs just sux and there is nothing you learn from it. The insane gap between bis geared and not bis geared ppl is so huge, you can learn literally nothing since your hps is like half of dmg taken.

1 Like

haha yea kind of… It feels like wow pvp is all about having the correct addons and learning how to read them. ‘‘oh he popped his offensive cd now i press this to trade’’, nothing else, just learn to read addons

Of course it is demotivating when you have people abusing / playing meta stuff in order to oneshot you. My point is that if a boomkin uses a convoke in order to kill you. If it is a rated bg keep in mind that he traded a big cooldown and play around that. It is indeed “harder” these days due to many things being gear dependant. But if you find a way to live the convoke I am sure you will be able to improve!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.