Why is second wind still trash?

I can’t be the only one who thinks the second wind is still trash past these few expansions…

TL:DR short i just don’t understand why the talent called second wind is still trash like for real? It’s been trash since wod. And even the new change in legion was not appealing not mention this has been carried out through many expansions now and still no rework for it. It’s shameful to have a talent that nobody barely uses.

Let alone giving a choice in DF now to choose between intervene and second wind. All i can say jesus…

I decided to list the second wind through expansions.

TBC

Whenever you are struck by a Stun or Immobilize effect you will generate 20 rage and 10% of your total health over 10 sec. (rank 2)

WOTLK

Whenever you are struck by a Stun or Immobilize effect you will generate 20 rage and 10% of your total health over 10 sec. (rank 2)

CATA

Whenever you are struck by a Stun or Immobilize effect you will generate 20 rage and 5% of your total health over 10 sec. (rank 2)

Best one but a bit too overpowered but it got nerfed in pvp hard late patches but it was still really useful.

MOP

Whenever you are below 35% health, you regenerate 3% health per second.

Worst changes.

WOD

Whenever you are below 35% health, you gain 25% leech, healing yourself for a percentage of damage you deal.

LEGION

Redesigned. Now restores 6% health every 1 sec once the warrior has not taken damage for 5 sec

BFA

Restores 6% health every 1 sec when you have not taken damage for 5 sec.

SL

And now the new expansion.

DF

This isn’t funny anymore… REVAMP THE TALENT FOR GOD SAKE.

3 Likes

I have been following the Blizzards ability to design Classes after every 2 years. Not even ONE Class has had the feeling they had in MoP, Cata or even Wrath.

Im not talking about performance in PvE or PvP, just the general feel of the gameplay. The exciting, fun and skill ceiling factors are gone.

If they keep up with this crap once Cata and MoP servers return there is zero reason ever touch any retail version ever again. And Im serious.

2 Likes

Amen, I felt mop was it’s pinnacle gameplay wise kept the game interesting.

But what is happening now is just bizzare and when feedback is given about issues they just change talent trees around in classes which doesn’t solve the core issues smh.

2 Likes

I personally don’t agree at all. Due to a new talent system I actually believe this talent is great. Now you need to pick it while other 2 talent choices are better. Now we are in a situation where we can pick more talents.

The only stupid thing is that you need to give up intervene to take it. But thalent as it is is quite powerfull. In open world with some kiting you will be able to killmost of the enemies solo. In battle grounds it can be quite usefull to get healed to full health in 20 seconds after combat if you dont have a healer. In arenas it can be usefull in some situations if you can distract enemies from damaging you.

This talent is not great in all situations, but in some situations its quite usefull. I will probably pick it up in my open world build.

I honestly cannot imagine using it in pvp at all, if you are fighting in arenas and being chased by pets or being pressured by dots it’s quite useless itself.
Meanwhile it has been good to level and so was mop’s second wind. But what triggers me the most with this is that the talent has been the same since legion nothing has been touched or changed it’s becoming stale and i know they can do better.

As for it being a choice between intervene and second wind yeah… intervene at this point is much more beneficial this is a first also seeing this sort of set up. First time for everything i guess.

1 Like

Well in PvP most spells are situational, and they depend on your enemy. Not every class has a dot or a pet so sometimes it can be usefull in PvP, but it will always be really beneficial in open world content. For example Shattering throw is also only beneficial versus some classes in pvp but complitelly useless versus other classes, and also its rarely used in pve.

Though I agree with you that it could be changed into something better that could be usefull in more sotuations, but I just wanted to point out that its not complitely useless, and that its ok if not all spells are competitive in all kinds of content.

1 Like

In this incarnation it is pretty much a dead talent, like it has been since WoD; The MoP version is pretty cool and should be the one we get to see, provided the numbers get tweaked

1 Like

And they made sure to place it so badly that no one except maybe some prot pvp warr will spec it.

Yeah I do feel conflicted with the placement as well. As far as I have seen the blue posts about warriors i am certain they won’t touch it anymore.

SW in it courent designt is ether super strong in some scenarios or total trash in others its simple too situational

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.