Why is the Alliance losing so many Battlegrounds

Okay, First & foremost, i’m not quitte sure how to put it and wether or not this is the right place to discuss, if it’s in the wrong category or something, i appologize
but there is something i have to get of my chest.

So, i made my return to World of Warcraft after about a year absence.
I have to admit, i do like most of the content so far but there are a few things that “bother” me

See, after playing for like a little over a month now,
i noticed (and maybe it’s just me but) that the Alliance is losing alot of Battlegrounds. Take today for example. At this point, i’ve done 4 epic Battlegrounds. 3 times in a row, i’ve got Alterac Valley and the 4th time, i’ve got that Ashran battle. Any of the groups i was thrown in, those 4 times lost the Battleground. Now i guess that’s mostly due to “brainless” and by “brainless” i mean, people that do things like just go out there, run like a headless chicken, engaging / starting in random fights which won’t really make us win and/or people that are trying but are just not good enough (yet) mainly because they are undergeared.

I myself know i ain’t the most skilled gamer at all. I admit that.
Nor do i have good gear (yet). but you can’t win a Battleground all by yourself.
It requires a whole team where people know what to do, how to handle certain situation. Also, i think that good communication is 1 of the most important and essential things if you even want to win a Battleground. However… some say “everything happens for a reason” or “cause & effect” but it’s obvious that the Alliance has a problem which is "The Alliance is lossing many Battlegrounds,

So the questions you can ask then:

1. Why is the Alliance losing so many Battlegrounds
  2. How to solve this problem?

Oh, and 1 more thing:

By no means was it my intention to offend anyone with this.
I just wanna know why. Why is the Alliance losing so many Battlegrounds and how it could be fixed. I just wanted to see your people’s opinion and so i tried to put this in a mature way.

1 Like

the reason is alliance is full of casual players and they dont try to get better unlike horde, good alliance players are rare, blizz cant fix this issue

“blizz cant fix this issue”

Was’nt there suppose to be some kind of buff where when 1 of the teams was outnumbered, the team with a disadvantage would get some kind of buff so they do more damage or something?

wont fix the core issue, alliance is just full of bad players now, all decent players went horde, we still lose even if we get double damage

2 Likes

Then how about making it so that people, no matter what faction they are on, still get armor? Like for example, if they killed a certain amount of enemies? or if they participated in a battleground a certain amount of time?

By now… today, i’ve played the following Battlegrounds:

3x Alterac Valley,
3x Ashran
1x Isle of Conquest

That’s 7 battlegrounds today so far and i haven’t even won just 1.
And by now, it’s starting to get really annoying.

I really think Blizzard really NEEDS to change the way you can get gear like that.
Like by how i mentioned above.

1 Like

English Alliance has a winrate of about 5% at the moment.

1 Like

“English Alliance has a winrate of about 5% at the moment.”?

What do u mean?

1 Like

Bgs are nationality, german alliance , russian alliance , eng alliance , french alliance.

You can notice what country alliance are they from their servers.

1 Like

those are Epic bgs, you should play 10 man bgs so that you can carry other 9 morons on your team, i won temple today i had to carry myself in that bg and i am undergeared,

Tons of problems in BGs, lack of dampening being one that drives people crazy. Alliance generally not being too good is a major factor too. As stated a lot of the good Alliance players left to play Horde since there is a much bigger choice of people to play with.

Blizzard put almost no thought into pvp this xpac, and BGs were literally not even considered. If an average, just average healer has average gear ? Near immortal in Random BGs.

This is why if I do BGs I go with a group of friends. Its at least fun playing together. Now dont get me wrong, you can still pop all cds, with a lot of gear, use all the buffs, flasks, pots, berzerking, and swap instantly to a healer resulting in him not expecting the dmg and get a kill, but it use to be A LOT easier in xpacs before. As someone who has played a Ret ofr 15 years I know exactly what im talking about. Now ? tons of stuff scales down, or poorly, Blizzard doing all they can to remove the skill gap btwn the good and the bad, and its never been so obvious as in BFA.

the main problem is:
what do you even get for winning?
no one is even remotely interested in winning if you cannot get anything

You know…
I thought about the “reward” system.
Right now, it’s like…For the first time you win a Random Battleground each day, you get 40 Conquest points, then 65 for the first Epic Random Battleground and then 40 for the Brawls and it resets each day, right?

So, what if Blizzard made it so that, no matter what faction you’re on, no matter if u win or lose, you can still get armor pieces? Like for example, if u manage to get a certain amount of so-called “Honorable Kills” you obtain 1 armor piece. OR maybe if u participated a certain amount of time alltogether in Battlegrounds will grant you a certain armor piece. To me, that way, both sides can still get (better) armor but still have to work for it.

what you want with the armor you get from conquest though?
It is 440 ilvl, that i lvl I had last season already.
Till it gets 460, I am already 470.

still completely useless the reward system

3 Likes

470 is pretty useless too if its not versa stack gear for pvp.

depending on the class.

but still, people have no intention to win bgs if the rewards are terrible.
you see for a very long time people wanted to win because it speeded up their honor gearing by 5 times etc.
Since legion you just get marks of honor which are pretty much useless

If you want to be competitive , you have no other option than stacking versality;

check these armory links and versality %'s:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/ravencrest/béstworld

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/aegwynn/kriegstreibr

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/blackrock/iksy

470 with haste mastery crit stat gear trash.

So, what do u expect me to do? do mythic’s?

With all due respect, Most people that are lookin’ for people in trade to do mythic’s with, ask a certain requirement and i’d say that my current ilevel / gear is not even close to being good enough to do mythics with. If i did, i’d be having a pretty low dps, which means i either get myself killed, i get both me and them killed or i just slow them down and quitte frankly… that’s the last thing i want.

Simply put: i don’t consider myself good enough yet to do mythics.
However… i do appreciate some advise, some constructive feedback

Doing mythics are not even enough. You need to farm correct stat gear.

470 ilvl with 4% versality you are nothing on pvp.

I kill 1v2 on bgs with versality gear and get carts alone.

So where do u advise me to go then?
I mean, to get better gear?

Start farming from m+1 and up your rio in time.

451 ilvl full versality gear mage can kill 460 ilvl haste crit or mastery gear any class easily.

Ilvl is not everything. Correct your stats for pvp too.