Why is vision designed to just piss you off?

It’s not fun, they’ve just designed visions to piss you off with the amount of stuff that removes control of your character.

I thought “might as well do the visions now” and just decided against it after first one. I killed shaw and then ported back to cathedral and I get the damned rings when I’m going to pull the mobs to the boss. WHY IS THE RING EVEN THERE? IT’S NOT AN AFFIX IN THE CATHEDRAL SQUARE FFS.

If I wanted to not be in control of my character I’d go back to PVP but I stopped PVPing because of this stupid loss of control of my character.

20 Likes

Just don’t do it. Yes they do suck and are repetitive. They are not for everybody.

Some folk seem to love them. I cant see why though.

8 Likes

I liked them the first few weeks, but most of my chars are stuck at rank 8 because the thought of doing the same thing numerous times on the trot is unappealing.

Now I do maybe 1 run per week and if it takes me months to upgrade cloak then so be it.

6 Likes

Affixes can be worked around if you arent impatient

I have 3 on rank 6 and just don’t need or want to go any further. If I never go back I wont mind that.

5 Likes

Did rank 6 on 1 toon and decided I’d rather level multiple toons and level fishing on each of them to prep for shadowlands.

This expac is over for me but it was over a long time ago. CBA with raiding or srs m+.

5 Likes

I mainly do Orgrimmar as I find it less annoying, did enough in stormwind to unlock the masks but find it hard to motivate myself to do more in there. Just do a full clear to get corruption resist upgrade now and save vessels for next week.

There is just something about stormwind vision that feels a chore to me.

1 Like

Sadly they have become mandatory content with the 100% droprate of corrupted gear.

That doesn’t make them fun, especially not when you run 5 masks.

3 Likes

Dunno, they’re not difficult.

If you have difficulty completing a vision with rank 15 cloak, the problem isn’t the vision.

The only difficult part is Alleria as melee. Seriously what were they thinking when they designed that sh1t?

Did I say they’re difficult? No, I said they’re designed to piss you off. If I’m in cathedral square there is absolutely no reason why I should get CC’d by the affix that’s active at shaw’s place, since, well, I’m not at that place when I’m in cathedral square.

6 Likes

It’s a lovely concept

I just hate how easily you get stun & fearlocked

2 Likes

i have no issues playing feral affinity on alleria

in fact the regular monsters are more dangerous than her with me not having an interrupt

the pure degenerecy of the RNG in visions is the issue though. will the horse shoe land in a stupid AF spot, will you find any potions, will you get dazed moving out of stuff

Because it takes time for the server to update the details.

While on your screen you were in cathedral square and moving, for the server you were still moving in the Lost area with it’s affixes active.

Once your character is fully updated in the new area server-side the affixes change accordingly, this is not instant as BFA servers are rather low quality shall we say. The lag was bad in 8.0 when I was farming boes in OW and it’s bad now.

You cant work around the circle that has no way out which fears you. It happens a lot as well.

If the server thinks I’m in the lost area then why can I pull mobs in the cathedral square?

1 Like

Probably the same reason mobs can hit you through walls or melee you from 20 yards away while you can’t do the same.

Logic doesn’t apply evenly.

Err yes you can since both don’t go off without a warning. The only time you cant avoid it is if you physically cannot get out of the split personality, in which case you shouldn’t be fighting mobs anyway

Worst thing ever put in game. The amount you have control over your own caracter is even less than corruptionsystem, and that is bad already. Not that bad on my DH. but on my balance I can hardly get a cast off at all. Constant moving is not very helpfull on casters. Guess they test all contents in this game as Havoc DH.

Don’t be obtuse. Half of the corridors there its a toin coss as to which way the exit will be.

So yea, “you can avoid it all the time except those times when you can’t” is your input.

Wow.

5 Likes