Why is warmode not permanent 'til the next reset?

1. Make warmode a choice and lock it for the entire week.
  2. People(alliance) can no longer exploit the warmode buff they get, as well as the quest.
  3. Warmode becomes more fair for every player
  4. People(alliance) will finally(hopefully) stop camping tortollan quests like the cowards they are because you only play warmode on when you’re a raid group doing the weekly quest before you turn off warmode until next reset.

Why is this not a thing yet? Oh you decided to turn on warmode for the bonus rewards? Well too bad cuz you now have a risk of being attacked by other players. Oh you made a mistake turning on warmode since it’s now on for the entire week? Well sucks to be you. Solve it by creating your own group of players doing WQs if you’re somehow(yes somehow because horde don’t queue for WQs) manage to get caught by a horde group for some reason.
People got banned for several days for “exploiting” the xp potion and lvling faster cough not paying for a character boost cough so where is the ban for exploiting warmode? I still don’t see a single alliance player whether I’m playing as alliance or horde with these few exceptions: Invasions (which happen once every 12 hours or something like that) and possibly Wednesday, Monday and Tuesday because alliance gotta do the “Against Overwhelming Odds” quest and only during those days are they camping tortollan quests, trying to invade Dazar’Alor harbor(only during Zuldazar Call to Arms weeks) or Champions of Azeroth quests. How is it fair that one faction gets a bonus to warmode as well as a quest with no drawbacks? They are free to camp WQs to get their reward and then turn it off without any consequences.

6 Likes

It’s not an exploit to use something as intentionally designed.

3 Likes

i would like to also have a permanent wm button, click once and char is forever locked.

could give something fun maybe something like tumbs down flag to throw at ally corpses.

3 Likes

Nonsense.

1. Raidgroup, not pissibru to do the quest in a RAIDgroup
  2. Last week this happened too, by the horde. Do tell me why. Neither had AOO.

Warmode is meant to be dynamic, so I doubt they’ll make players stuck in warmode. The problem is more the sharding, which I doubt will be fixed - ever.

2 Likes

Flagged as trolling.
The usual “I got killed by alliance and l cry on forums” post.

AoO is not done in raid group.

AOO is not up for at least 2 weeks.

Horde are camping Tortollan and TD entrance since BfA launch.

BOTH factions camp and both factions attack when in higher numbers. Pretending you are the poor victims that suffer from the evil Alliance is just playing drama queen :laughing:

6 Likes

People have been asking for this change since they introduced it .most of the majority of the people want it.

Warmode is not permanent because it would have only one dominating side. The most alliance players don’t care about PvP, that’s why they have to give the alliance the bigger bonus to hold the balance every few weeks.

Really? Only the ones shouting on the forums.

Why do you think PvP servers were disbanded? Because too few wanted PERMANENT WM. Locking it for a week can be really odd, although I support it. Just “the majority wants it”, you cannot say that.

For the record, I was on a PvP server since the very beginning…

Lol…so blizzard intended for players to bypass actuall wpvp? Yea right.

I didn’t say anything about bypassing wpvp when wm on. The toggle allows you to choose when you WPvP, as intended, not an exploit.

Why would anyone care when another player decides to wm, nunya business.

When toggle is on, players are part of WPvP whether they like it or not. Even if not attacked, or attacking, they carry the extra ‘risk’ of time loss.
If PvEers do not suffer, that is the fault of WPvPers being slack. If being attacked, under any situation, that’s WPvP. WM on = accept consequences.

1 Like

Pretending like getting an unfair treatment in your favor is absolutely okey is pretty depressing to see. You should also not flag a post as trolling if it’s not a troll post.

But you are claiming here that Alliance are actually playing with warmode on and doing WQs because I have yet to see a good amount of alliance players run around in the world doing WQs in warmode both on my horde and alliance characters. Am I just doing WQs at the wrong time when alliance have done their WQs? Were there horde gank squads up? yes, a few months back when alliance had 20-30% warmode bonus instead of the current 15%. Do alliance gank squads exist? yes, probably for the entire week because of the quest to kill horde players. You know that super fair quest that gives 90% of alliance players a reason to turn on warmode for a maximum of 60 minutes before turning it off for the rest of the week. Do they deserve that quest since they are not playing in warmode? No.
Some players from both factions attack when in high numbers* if you play with warmode on permanently(I somehow doubt that) you’ll notice that players will run away from the fight even if it’s in their favor because they don’t pvp at all.

Oh and don’t mind me if I decide to flag your comment for spam, trolling or being inappropriate since you’re abusing the flagging system, not bringing any valuable information or thoughts to a discussion.

Yes sharding is the absolute main issue with why warmode is so broken since people will just shard away if their faction is being overrun and eventually you get pure alliance shards and pure horde shards basically. But how is it supposed to be dynamic when the underrepresented faction doesn’t even use it “properly” even though they get a bonus to rewards? I called it before it even happened that when the amount of players in warmode eventually balance out between the factions, alliance will just turn it off completely and voíla, they got their buff and quest back the next week while horde are unable to do anything about it.

Technically the xp potion was intentionally designed the way it was since Blizzard didn’t think about preventing it from stacking. And now I’m only talking about the players who “exploited” it for the xp boost, not the ones who exploited the 10 stat stacking for mythic progress.

The players I found who complained about pvp servers had the excuse that “they didn’t know what server they joined when they first started playing” and then “Why should I pay for a server transfer or lvl a new character on a pve server?” i.e the players who are currently playing with warmode off.

By changing warmode so you lock it until the next reset is a possible solution since people will have to think real hard if they want to keep warmode on for the entire week on that character, risking to be ganked by the opposite faction for an increase in rewards, or keep it off. The main reason would be so pure pve alliance players can’t turn on warmode for an hour each week, do the Against Overwhelming Odds quest and then turn it back off again without having to worry about any consequences of turning on warmode at all. They will think twice about turning on warmode each week then since they don’t want to risk being attacked by the opposite faction since their free quest loot will no longer actually be free for them.

So obviously players who turn on warmode purely for the FREE 1k AP, 50 conquest and possible chance of titanforged item(or residuum) gear totally deserve those rewards when they only have warmode on for 1 hours each week?

Enlighten me again on how I’m supposed to make pvers “suffer” for having warmode on when they are in a 5-man group with extra players outside of the group tagging along? Oh, should I create my own 5-man group and beat the crap out of them? Flashback between launch and 8.1 when the forums were filled with alliance players crying about “unfair warmode” and “horde has a permanent 10% warmode bonus whereas alliance has nothing”. I vaguely remember players giving them the advice of creating their own groups or turning off warmode if they can’t handle pvp at all. Any similarities now when it is actually unfair?

1 Like

If they can do it, and it’s not an exploit, why not do it. They killed enemy players to get that reward. WPvP happened. The time they spend doing it is irrelevant. That’s the point of the toggle, convenience.

Lfg is the solution to lfg. I temember giving same advice to Alliance from start of bfa and receiving same feedback as from Horde now. Group forming is not always easy when retaliating, but simple things like the group title make a big difference.

3 Likes

But turning on warmode for a quest that only your faction gets, then turning it off to prevent the other faction to get it, is an exploit of the system. Warmode is meant to be dynamic and automatically balance out the amount of players on both factions, right? So preventing the system from working properly is allowed how again?

That’s most likely the reasoning behind the players who exploited the xp potion stacking to lvl faster but how come they got banned for it?

So you don’t have time to create a group if you’ve been ganked by several other players and killed so you’re now a ghost?

1 Like

Ok. This is interesting.
Pre 8.1 When alliance where pretty much ganked the moment they stepped outside Boralus “gates” and some complained on the forums about it:
Horde response: Thats PvP. Grow a pair and deal with it.

Now when “according to horde” alliance are “returning the favor”.
Horde: Stop abusing VM! Blizzard fix this!

Some PvP topics are always quite entertaining. :popcorn:

8 Likes

The shouting people seem a lot .I see a lot of threads on this topic every week . Even within the game in trade chat in major cities I see this talk .

Not an exploit, deliberate design. The potion was an exploit, because it was not intentional design. WM is designed to be switched on at cap city, off at rest area. When that’s done is entirely player choice, by design.

Faction balance is closer than it was, and pveer player type balance is also closer, because aoo reduces Horde pveer, and increases Alliance pveer. On both sides, any player type can wm on/off any time, and both factions do that. Non issue.

There’s plenty conflict from both sides, wpvp is happening, both sides have lfg, etc. That’s all that matters.

When outnumbered, I make time to form a group and retaliate. When I am in a gank group we get bounties on us, Horde retaliate usually, and fun battles happen. That’s wpvp. Both sides do it. Solo players are the cannon fodder.

If time is an issue, bgs are prob better for quick fair fights. WM wpvp is unfair by design, or rather, has variables, and can spread out over hours sometimes.

1 Like

This is the only thing I agree with, and only with this sentence and not everything else around it.

System could use a much more elegant solution instead of this “Bait players to turn WM and hope some of them stay”.

With that, I don’t care what rewards other players are getting - just get a group and gank them - players who are doing this are easy pickings for horde anyway. They disband to go to another shard as soon as situation gets hot.

Technically potion wasn’t intentionally designed to stack, but the opposite. When it was separated in different bag slots and then used - player got another instance of a buff, not another stack of the buff. It was a bug with this potion/buff, and not an intended usage by design. When players use bugs for their advantage - this is exploiting.

War Mode switching is not, because it is an option to turn it on/off when players want by design and not because of the bug.

I know a lot of players who were on PvP servers because the guild that invited them for Raid progression was on PvP server, or they were interested in PvP few years ago and now they are not, but want to play with their friends and be in the same guild as before…

There are a lot of players who value friends/guildies more than PvP/PvE ruleset of a server.

It was discussed several times already. I was one of the players who came up with that idea. Forcing players and locking them in a game mode is not a good way to “fix” what you’re trying to fix. It will only switch current “not perfect” system for another that will be even worse for more players. Search forums - you’ll find those discussions and why it is a bad solution.

Much better solution - is to give a quest, on a reset day, for additional WM activities and rewards, with criteria for a quest being a list of requirements for things to do in WM in a previous week. For both factions. In addition to current bonus +/- switching. So players who actually play in WM (for any reasonable amount of time) got more/better rewards from it than players who just turn it on/off briefly - similar to any other part/mode of the game.

Additional achievements for WPvP, long and short, new each PvP season - also better solution, especially if in addition with that quest above.

You’re talking about “horde needs more incentives to group up” - improving current system with something to work towards will give those incentives, and it’s going to be a much better solution than forcing and limiting players.

Kill them, then wait for about 1 min and kill them again, then for about 2 mins and kill them again…

Yes, that’s a reasonable idea when you go against enemies in a group.

It worked back then, for both factions, still works today and going to work tomorrow.

It’s called “using system to your advantage”, it’s not an exploit because this “switching on/off” is by design to offer incentives to players to turn in on and then maybe some of them will keep it on.

Yes, but not to an extent you’re hoping. It can balance out initial shards, but it cannot balance LFG influxes. It’s not a BG where you constantly have the same amount of ppl, it’s a dynamic/chaotic environment where players actions/decisions also impact faction population in any given area.

You can create group as a ghost. There are probably other ghosts around - you can start with them, then go for LFG if it’s not enough. Yes, it will require some time, and there is no other way - ether put time/effort and form/join a group to retaliate, or try to escape on your own.

1 Like

It’s pretty simple really - it’s because sometimes I want to wPvP, and sometimes I don’t. I’m all well and down for a fight when doing WQs, but as soon as my friends and I want to do some M+, we want to go do M+ and not spend 15 minutes fighting at the summon stone and end up doing half the number of dungeons we otherwise would have done.

2 Likes

I play Ret Pally on Alliance with Warmode on all the time. My observations:

There are more Horde than Alliance doing normal WQ with Warmode.

I play solo, and if I come across a single Horde player they will often not fight me. Even when there’s two Horde they often just ignore me.

Horde and Alliance both often queue for normal WQ, unless in a group of more than two.

Alliance and Horde both form gank squads.

Both regularly camp Faction Assault WQ.

Both sometimes camp normal WQ.

From my side of the fence, I don’t see a great difference between the way Alliance and Horde play. It’s just down to numbers. Both form large groups during Faction Assaults that make it hard for the opposite Faction to play them solo (but certainly not impossible). Alliance bonus weeks are harder for Horde, non-bonus weeks are harder for Alliance. But in general WPvP (rather than FAs) players of both sides do not fight unless in groups. This is especially true at the moment as lots of players are levelling alts.

As I’ve said before on other threads, the problem isn’t that Alliance players choose to play WPvP wrong. The problem is that players who want to play WPvP all the time choose to play Horde.

Threads like this don’t help, because they just perpetuate the idea that Horde = proper WPvP and Alliance = WPvP tourists.

3 Likes

Horde has way bigger bonusses due to numbers, our shard had 2 raid groups. The people on Alliance who started counter raid got phased out. Basicly that entire phase is Horde dominated ebcause nearly every slot was filled with horde. Inviting new Alliance (LFG) just got them phased out. You kill one? You got killed a few sec after by an army of DKs, hunters and other ranged /sigh. Group in LFG? You get phased it was a lost battle from the start.