Why no one hand swords?

I am sure this has been asked before but the useless search hereabouts pulled up loads of unrelated posts so here I am.
So, in Shadowlands, does anyone know why there are no one handed swords?
Yes, I know there are a couple of BoP ones with dreadful droprates, as with most things in WoW,
but come on Blizz, I hate maces on my Rogue, she was always combat swords spec, for YEARS and now you have effectively forced me to use maces!
Then there is my Paladin that always used to be 2 hand MACE but now HAS to use a Axe!
What idiot at Blizzard thought that limiting choice was a good idea?
I seriously hope that the new expansion has a few more easy access green and blue one hand swords, and 2 hand maces

You can transmog your weapon to look like any sword you like. Same with 2h weapon to another 2h weapon.

1 Like

I am sure that I am right in saying that we can only transmog like for like, which is to say that I cannot transmog a Mace to look like a Sword and as such if I cannot get a half decent sword I am again stuck with a Mace.
I equipped two daggers which I could transmog into decent looking items but, and it’s a big but, my Dispatch ability doesn’t work as apparently, according to the red comment that appears Dispatch "Requires a one-handed melee weapon in the main hand !) I dunno what a Dagger is is of not a melee weapon, maybe someone from Blizzard can explain that to me (unlikely)!!

This was correct at one point but is no longer an issue iirc.

One handed swords can be transmog to axe/mace/fist weapon and like wise the other ways around.

If it’s a dagger you’re plain stuck unfortunately.

When you open up the transmog menu, top rightish is a drop down menu which will tell you what’s equipped. If you click on that it will show you other weapon types available for transmog providing you have unlocked the appearances you obviously want!

1 Like

That’s interesting but my dropdown only has maces for some reason, I didn’t know we could unlock different weapon appearances but hey I should have guessed, this IS Blizzard after all and they do love to make us unlock things :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.