Why people hated ashran?

I can only speak for myself, but: Because it’s PvP.
For me PvP is bad. For me it has no place in this game. For me it’s an acitivity that drives on toxicity.

Maybe a reason for others would be that it simply takes too long? And you lose the ‘personal element’ in large scale battles?

You say that and yet for me AV never lagged, old Ashran always lagged. I have to agree though I find the new version much better get in kill loads get out :smiley:

Vanilla Alterac Valley.

1 Like

It’s a BG where folk try and be organised and there is others who don’t give a toss about winning and these two clash and it normally starts rows. from what I have noticed. Apart from that I think Ashran is OK…

I hated Ashran because no one won and it never ended.

Hot take: Current Ashran is my favorite BG.

It was not laggy, I played ashran a lot in WoD and it was fine. The lag in epic bgs started in Legion

Biggest reason i hate Ashran, is because firstly it kills my fps and i have a very powerful pc so it is not my pc. The lag in Ashran 80% of the time i am in there is unacceptable. The actual Bg i do not mind at all.

I get a steady 140+ fps anywhere in game, but when i enter Ashran it drops to 40 and it feels less, this is an issue blizzard side and not my PC

I prefer Isle of Conquest and Arathor ( the snowy one with towers and galv ) when its a race to the boss.

I hate trashran, its a mess ive only ever won it twice , Alliance inc myself dont seem to know what to do , what rares to do etc. We die next to the enemy and we have such a long ride back to the warfront, by that time the rest of your team are dead. Horde just seem to be able to push us to our base and then just stay there. To me its the worst BG , the layout, atmosphere. colour scheme. Its rage inducing.

ugh, new Ashran is super lame. Just two blobs of players wacking at each other until one side wins. I find pve more engaging and I don’t say that easily.

WoD Ashran I loved. Huge themepark of various events that gave different advantages and battles that changed tactics and promoted teams to adapt and think as the game went on.
Not just: “Kill more than them. dk pull healer, spam aoe for 40min” *shudders *

Because it sucks.

Because it was the only content after we finished clearing the raid and mythic dungeons for the week, other than sitting in our garrison. And out of every casual pvp option, it was the fastest way to get 710 ilvl pvp gear.

So, because people spent a lot of time there and it was part of WoD. Personally i liked it, especially when both teams just chilled there and farmed ,whatever those fragments were called, from mobs and did the events. The new version is much worse.

Because there’s always something to hate on and then look back and think of it fondly.

I didn’t PvP so I didn’t care about it in WoD. Current Ashran is so boring though.

It didn’t even feel like a BG, it was just a bunch of PVE events in a PVP environment.

1 Like

Ashran along with the raids was WoD best content. The new ashran “push / flag / push / flag” using like 10% of the map is terribad though.
Better than new WG where you most immediately know if you win or loose dependingif you’re defending or not. But new Ashran is still sad.

2 Likes

Never once won it by completing the objective, it’s just raw attrition and lag.

Which speaks of terrible design. If the objectives are less efficient than butting heads for 40 minutes, the objectives clearly suck.

Ashran is neither the best nor the worst in the current ebg group. I would say currently IoC is the best and has a bigger chance for a come back. While wintergrasp is the worst because it favors the defenders too much and because of that causes huge amount of leavers due to the idea of getting farmed for hk for 20 minutes without anyway of winning.

Ashran can go both ways even tho it has been neutered and because of that no events going on like in WoD. But ashran is the wet dream of arena players i guess. Just a moshpit of people attacking eachother.

It’s not a bad bg, but they need to remove the PvE aspects. Half of the team is killing ogres and what not, while the other half is trying to capture flags. If they remove the PvE content, it will be a better bg. Not good, just better.

1 Like

Classic Ashran was fun and all, but current Ashran can be a little bit of a brain-melting zerg-fest (happy days if you like this sort of thing).

I’d prefer it if things were more objective driven, with the PvP around that. However, the epic BGs are generally failing on that front. WG being the most successfully objective driven, but sadly heavily onesided for the defence.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.