Why people wait so eagerly to 9.1.5?

No one is arguing that. Blizzard did this to themselves, I beta tested this BS and everything I predicted and warned Blizzard about came true. And trust me this not my first rodeo with Blizzard not listening, however I am giving them the benefit of the doubt this one last time because of the new leadership and soon new dev team. If this fiasco repeats itself for 10.0 I and probably many others will be done for good.

how do you "mess around " with covenant talents when

a) bis is known since launch
b) you read description and you know what such talent do .
c) most of covenant talents for locks are pure garbage - leveling my lock and all seemed equaly boring and bad comapred to what other classes offer.

You are going to be disappointed. Bookmark this post. ))

Easy you pick one that its not optimal and see what you can do with it for fun.

Probably 10/char.

I want to play optimal covenant. In my case, as a resto shaman in keys, thatā€™s Kyrian. But my team lacks a Venthyr, so Iā€™m Venthyr now, for 2 dungeons out of 8. It will be so much nicer in 9.1.5 when I can be Venthyr for SD and HoA, and Kyrian for the rest. Because thatā€™s optimal.

Iā€™ll also be able to be Night Fae for elemental. And I wonā€™t have to worry about conduits, either, because there will be no conduit energy either!

Right now, I canā€™t use the BiS soulbind for elemental, because itā€™s the same as for resto, and even though conduit energy fully regenerates a day, if I want to do some keys as ele, some as resto, I can change back and forth at most twice a day.

Iā€™m interested in a single type of content: M+. Yet, to be most optimal for my team, Iā€™d need to play two different covenants, something I cannot do right now.

Yeah, because running two resto shamans, one Kyrian and one Venthyr, just so you have Venthyr for 2 dungeons would be so much fun, and so practical. No, thatā€™s not a solution. Thatā€™s an awkward bandaid at best.

This is the exact reason Iā€™m looking sceptical at people that feel JOY for patch 9.1.5, since all that + more should have been made in patch 9.0. It feels like you want to buy a car, you get 3 wheels at first, then 1 year later you get your 4rth wheel.

P.S. I donā€™t think SL has all 4 wheels even after 9.1.5, ALTs wise. But just for the sake of comparison.

All those gating switches, ALTā€™s barrier entry. For 2021, it should have been: you clear all on MAIN, you get all on ALT. ALL except GEAR.

Donā€™t want to judge, but is the majority player base really wanting to REDO everything on ALTs ? Threads of Fate, should be like you get all or redo all.

If you play 6-12 classes, by the time you touch the 3rd - 4th ALT, you will hit patch x.1, then same in x.2 and so on.

Nobady does that. Like what do you expect you to do with it? Press that 3 minute cooldown skill and think its gonna be cool or something? Experimenting rofl. Yeah like anyone would ever done that.

Yes, there is this angle too. Fair.

Sorry? We alredy know all bis covenants and conduits. So you are going to swap into inferior covenants just for lulz or something? Nobady will do this.

It might come as a surprise, but a large part of the playerbase cares not about performance. They will experiment with that they like best, and ignore guides and BiS and whatnot, because for the content they do, it doesnā€™t matter.

Yes, we did. Yet, Iā€™m playing an inferior covenant, because my team lacks a Venthyr, so I canā€™t be Kyrian. Come 9.1.5, I will be able to switch to Venthyr for SD and HoA, and to Kyrian for the rest.

Me being Venthyr has less impact than any other in the team going Venthyr, so I made that sacrifice. With 9.1.5, it will be a sacrifice for two dungeons only, not all 8.

You see, even if the BiS covenant for me is Kyrian, for my team, me being Kyrian isnā€™t.

Easily. Different experience, different bis for different specs, different soulbind interactions. Youā€™re looking at the most surface level and stopping there. But I guess thatā€™s just your way of thinking in general.

Not necessarily true. A lot of things have shifted since launch. The BiS legendaries on laucnhe were nothing more than an educated guess, not to mention different legendaries are bis for different situations and builds, or might be very good in their own way and just based on preference. Iā€™m fine with playing destro in M+ with either cinders or wilfred with different talents builds.

Another surface level thiking.

Ok, tell me what is better and which one is more fun to play. Diregarding all soulbind interactions of course.

Call forth a cloud of chaotic anima that travels to the target enemy, dealing (25.3% of Spell power) Shadow damage to enemies in its path. When the anima reaches the target it explodes, inflicting either Curse of Weakness or Curse of Tongues, and dealing (138% of Spell power) Shadow damage over 12 sec to all nearby enemies.

or

Wither away all life force of your current target and up to 3 additional targets nearby, causing your primary target to suffer [(100% of Spell power) * (2)] Nature damage and secondary targets to suffer (100% of Spell power) Nature damage over 8 sec.

For the next 8 sec, casting Drain Life will cause you to also Drain Life from any enemy affected by your Soul Rot, and Drain Life will not consume any mana

True, yet Venthyr sound really nice utility-wise, Soul Rot is very good due to itā€™s soulbind interaction in Grove Invigoration and Field of Blossoms, and Necrolord is slightly better for destro than the other two specs.

Surface level thinking.

You think about the game the same way as the people who read the title of an article and go straight to the comment section.

I point again to arms warrior covenant population. Their bis is necrolord, but it is the least populated for many, many reasons. To pretend 9.1.5 wonā€™t shift the meta simply by unlocking the covenants is to be very badly informed about how your own class works. Venthyr paladin is better in some scenarios, kyrian in another. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if night fae paladin becomes a thing, even if itā€™s just for the lulz. Currently, buffing covenants are underplayed because you need to be locked into it, but once you donā€™t have to be locked, it will change. Necrolord arms warrior is broken, mate, but nobody plays it because itā€™s not a damaging covenant, itā€™s a buffing covenant.

1 Like

This has been disproven in spades by the picking of covenants. As in, what people care about might be unclear, but they sure as hell act like they care about performance first and foremost.

No, they wonā€™t. The figures show exactly that. By and large, they wonā€™t. Thatā€™s the reality of current WoW.

Majority of players what have quit playing this game doesnt care about anyone of this. 9.1.5 doesnt fix anything. People did not quit beocuse of covenants or conduits becouse most people this stuff do not affect at all.

If the majority of the players cared about performance, they would be at least good. The majority of the population cannot clear a +15 in time, they do not care. Have you noticed how the best covenants are also the most fun ones? Actually, currently, arms warrior literally bucks all the trends, which is why I use it as a contra example. Their bis is necrolord, followed by night fae. But the most populated are venthyr followed by kyrian if I remember right. :^)

2 Likes

No, thatā€™s a non-sequitur. Besides, as I said, what people care about might be unclear, but they sure as hell act like they care about performance first and foremost.

Oh great my metally challenged trifecta is completed for the day. Glad you are still around.

As for the stupidity you regurgitatedā€¦ Well I guess I will have to respond to itā€¦

Nobody is changing talents ? Literally nobody in the entire history in the game has never swaped off from the optimal pick just to see or mess around with lets say ā€œNether Portalā€ ?

Idk, mess around with it. Let me guess casualsā„¢ do not mess around with spells and telentsā€¦

Yes, you can have some interesting interactions with Decimation bolt depending on talents (severally nerfed since beta but still), currently I am venthyr so the most suboptimal covenant for my class, however I can do some shenanigans with Door Of Shadows, would I preffer to have Soul Shape? 100% yes all the time.

Just because you do not do it does not mean nobody does it.

1 Like

I have said it for a long time, the 1% maintains the entire game. Once they start quitting, people who are unaffected by their problems at all start quitting, too. Itā€™s because, despite their delusions, people are not individual thinkers. Thereā€™s many complaining about anima, about stygia, soul ash, cinders, conduits, conduit energy that are unaffected by these issues at all.

Thereā€™s also players who think a +15 tyrannical is harder than +15 fortified, because they keep hearing how ā€œtyrannical is so much harderā€, even if at 15, tyrannical is easier. Most gamers do not think, they just follow what the 1% says and does, regardless of how it would affect them.

1 Like