Why people wait so eagerly to 9.1.5?

Yeah, I also am puzzled at seeing this “I will experiment with different legendaries” and “I will experiment with different covenants”. Dear. You won’t find anything different from now. The legendary you are using now will continue to be BiS. The covenant you are using now will continue to be BiS. You will just be able to get away with using the same character for all of M+ / raids / PVP without having to roll several characters. If you already rolled several, you get nothing. That’s it.

1 Like

what will you try out since bis covenants for raiding are already known since 9.1 ptr ?

1 Like

So care to clarify what that 1% you left out is ?

Perhaps because I want to try to play with the effects, maybe because it’s fun to play? You know, for gameplay purposes. Shocking, I know.

Pulling random numbers out of your behind and then squeezing in an irrelevant FF14 comparrison. As usual.

Lilith is the 99% and the remaining 1% is everybody else. That’s usually how numbers work for this individual.

2 Likes

You want to play suboptimal covenants, cool. But if you want that, what’s stopping you now? The only practical thing they are enabling here is being able to use a single character without worrying about being suboptimal in different types of content. And this does not apply to those that already rolled several characters to do that. That’s it. I mean, yeah, thanks, great change, should have been there at the start, but yeah, it’s kind of too late to matter much, and covenant X being optimal for raids and covenant Y being optimal for PVP stays unchanged, of course.

Switching back is stopping me.

Switching back is easy, you retain everything, don’t have to regrind.

And I have to wait 2 weeks (or to be precise 2 weekly quests) to do it.

1 week + 1 day. Yeah, so this is only a problem if you want to do it often, as I said. Typically because you are interested in different types of content. This is the only practical problem that is getting solved. For those who haven’t already solved it by rolling multiple characters.

it will cost literally nothing to play with a sub-optimal covenant or legendary, and many players don’t always push the hardest content they do. If you’re pushing +25, you can make a different build for +15s and experiment. Many players are NOT playing their bis because they don’t know it.

Just take a look at arms warrior covenant split. Their bis covenant is necrolord objectively with night fae a close second. Nobody plays necrolord outside of the top 1% organized mythic raiders. 9.1. will enable arms warriors to be necrolords in raids and night fae in m+, and this will shift the meta around them quite a lot.

bis works different for healers since it’s not just about throughput but keeping people alive in the composition we have for the playstyle I prefer. and I wanna see how different and fun it feels in progression

Oh I don’t know, one week cooldown that’ll keep me locked into the suboptimal option until I can change it back? Amazing experimenting environemtnt indeed when I push keys and progress raids several days a week. I’d like to not be gimped for a week.

Sure, it should have been a thing since launch, I’ve argued about it enough during beta, but that doesn’t make it less of a good change. It’s the least I’ve asked.

Yes. The biggest one by far. Different covenants being bis for different types of content will become almost a non-issue as a result in the first couple weeks after 9.1.5 launches.

As if that’s any considerable amount of people.

Everybody who wanted to experiment for real instead of lazily thinking that they perhaps want it.

Good change, bla bla bla, but the practical impact is meh. Well, to each his own. Feel free to switch and experiment. Something tells me you’ll do this once, then switch back because the former covenant is still clearly optimal. Or you won’t do it at all. ))

If you want to be really specific it could take 1 day in order to do it if you do it on the correct day.

And how many people do you believe have rolled more than 1 of a said class ?

If we are talking only about the covenant swaps, yeah sure but thats a (as in one of probably many,but still major) issue of the system. As for the patch legendary refunds and grindable currencies, etc.

Will this patch fix SL as a whole, no, I do not believe anything can save this expansion, however it’s a step in the right direction and it will make it somewhat bearable.

As I said, everybody who wanted for real. I did, for example. For more than one class.

Agree. /10ch

Not requiring leveling, gearing and grinding on 4 of the same class just to experiment with different covenants is indeed a “meh practical impact”. Yeah, right.

Are you really that desperate to stand behind your stupid argument that you’ll perform mental somersaults to downplay the practicality of covenants being unlocked?

Pretend to know me all you want. It’s just funny that you accuse someone of manufacturing their logic and an hour later you say something as dumb as this.

“Everybody who wanted to build their own smartphone out of scraps did it.”

All you’re saying is that eveybody who did something specific did the thing they did, and you’re using the word “everybody” to make it sound as if the absolute vast majority didn’t just give up on experimenting due to the restrictions.

Good on you, more power and what not, however having to choose betwen power and aesthetic made me quit the game for a while (only returned because i wanted to experience the 9.1.5 changes) and the thought of having to level 4 different warlocks, gear them up in order to mess around with “talents” just solidified my decision on quitting.

I don’t pretend to know you, I am just reasoning from what you are doing vs what you are saying. But I am just guessing anyway. Could be wrong, I agree. Maybe you’ll experiment a lot. Peace.

Yeah, sure. Agree. My point is simply that the damage has mostly already been done. That’s it. (They should still implement the change, it’s still a net plus, etc. Just not a big one.)

Then don’t use guesses to back up your arguments. It’s stupid.