Why Retribution is no longer fun to play p2

Hey guys!
After playing Ret on Wrath of the Lich King for a bit and getting back on Retail I noticed something quiet odd.
Blade of Justice, Hand of Hinderance, HoJ, WoG, Conscecration and Divine Storm all have the same character animation = You holding your sword up.
On top of that Judgement is now only cast able if the target is in front of you. Even if it used to be cast able from where-ever as long as the target was in range.
So not only did they make the animations look bland and boring they nerfed us on top of that.
Believe it or not this adds a lot to Ret being unfun to play.
Having no passive movement speed increase or movement speed outside of Steed in general feels awful or not making a little spin or jump when ever you press Crusader Strike like you did in Wotlk to WoD.
Same goes for Divine Storm and Templar’s Verdict they were ridiculously fun to press on top of the old Judgement being cast able even if the target was behind you, slowing the target by 50% for 2 sec with a Glyph and increasing your own run speed by 45% for 3 sec with a talent, with Judgement being on a 5 sec CD instead of today’s 10sec CD was bonkers fun and I would gladly take that over 2 charges of Steed any day.
On top of that we had a lot of uptime thanks to Seal of Justice which slowed the target by 50% for 8 sec whenever we touch him, which got replaced with Hand of Hinderance a ranged 70% slow for 8 sec on a 30 sec CD that is also dispellable.
For anyone that played Ret in WoD you know how smooth the spec felt in PvP.
Whenever I see reviews talking about Ret in WoD I exlusively hear that it is probably the most fun spec in the game.
I even hear from a lot of people that Ret in Wrath feels better than it does on Retail and that’s saying a lot considering they had 10+ years of development put into the spec just goes to show that they may infact messed up the spec and should finally come to their senses and listen to the community by adding fun things back and not focusing so much on damage.
We want fun things to press and a unique party buff / debuff on a raidboss in order to be justified getting a raiding spot.

Ty for listening, please react Blizzard. I know you may not acknowledge this but a lot of people that play Ret WANT to play the game but just cannot deal with the current itteration of the spec because of these and many other reasons that the community puts great effort in describing. Everywhere you go, the EU Forums the US Forums, YouTube, everybody is pointing out obvious issues with the spec and are met with dead silence from the developers…

4 Likes

All I keep seeing on these pally forums is complete whining about why you’ve not got anything X class has.

Can’t be that bad if you keep posting about them constantly.

I can’t stress how true this is. Almost everything is hold ur hands up. Also, sounds are terrible.

1 Like

I don’t understand this comment right here.
We are just asking for things we had in the past that were taken away from us for no reason.
No one asked for Steed in exchange for removing everything movement related we had before that.
I was not mentioning another class even once

This is from the Tier list for classes…

Ret comes under the B/C tier.

Season 4 notes -

The main problem comes from the low-sustained DPS and lack of mobility, the only way to truly fix it is if Blizzard increases their passive damage.

The biggest disadvantages of Retribution Paladins are how dependent they are on their cooldowns for damage, low mobility outside of divine steed and overall low damage contribution, making the spec less-desirable in a standard group composition.

We are getting nerfed in DF…

:clap:

I have said it before and I will say it now…

Either delete the class or let people class change required by there race.
Or buff the class/give it something unique so then people will choose us…

Edit : I am done with this game…! I had had enough. Game time runs out tommorow and I have spent the money I was gunna use on collectors edition Dragon Flight on other games.

Cya.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.