Why the level 58 boost is bad for the game #stoptheboost

Yes, I will be making one for number viewing pleasure. my point about boost kiddies still stands tho.

get paladins mate
+the 58 boost would be prepatch stuff; meaning you have until then to get a neckbeard mage to boost

Blizzard isn’t going to back down on this level boost. They never change things when it comes to monetization. Once it’s announced it’s done.
The only consolation for me is that the boosted players will still have to level their professions from 1 to 300 with insanely high AH prices because nobody will be playing 1-57 (literally zero ppl since anyone still interested in vanilla will be on different servers).
This should make for some nice popcorn moments.

This will just make them add wow token.

2 Likes

Guess so. But, the cynic in me warns me that Blizzard simply won’t care if two players on the EU forums decide to play only Classic and not TBC. It won’t impact their revenue, and it won’t be seen as anything more than a gesture.

Now if several thousand people decide to boycott the game due to the boost, that’s a different matter - but then again would they go back on it even then? This boost absolutely stinks of Activision, and I strongly suspect that it is a mechanic that was forced upon the Classic dev team against their will by some corporate bean counter who’s probably never played a video in their life, and cares only about short term profit.

The number of people above defending the boost on the grounds that ‘levelling sucks’ is quite a pathetic sight to behold.

Why the hell would you actually pay to play a videogame and then pay more to skip a huge section of that game?

It’s like me deliberately paying a monthly fee to be a member of a dining club, and deliberately choosing to go to a Chinese restaurant, even though I hate Chinese food - and then paying the waiter forty euros to skip the starters, main course and dessert, and just bring the coffee and mints.

1 Like

Because it’s boring, takes a long time and most people have done it many times.

I doubt it will be seen at all. After all, you will still be paying the sub for Classic era or Retail.

2 Likes

Classic isnt for you then.

6 Likes

Can you provide actual evidence that ‘levelling is boring’? I mean genuine, objective evidence in the form of studies, peer-reviewed academic papers, surveys all of which conclusively prove, beyond all reasonable doubt that ‘levelling is boring’?

If the answer is no then it is simply an opinion, not a fact, as you stated it.

It is also an opinion I do not share, and strongly oppose, because for me levelling and doing quests are the two most enjoyable aspects of WoW, and no other activity matches them. My only criticism is that the experience comes a bit too fast, and would gladly have it slowed down if I could. I’d be happy to have quest turn-ins give only half their current experience, and mob kills only a quarter, and also have rested bonus completely removed from the game.

4 Likes

Imagine for one second that you have fond memories of playing TBC as a kid, and now it’s back as TBC Classic! But from your limited research you learn that you’ll have to level basically alone in the world for several months (you have a job and 2 kids now, and can play maybe 10 hours a week these days, and maybe a binge weekend once in a blue moon). You just don’t have it in you to do the old world stuff for months, especially since you remember not even enjoying it all that much as a kid.
But fear not! You can pay a laughable price of like 2 work hour pay to skip MONTHS of tedium where you are likely to burn out anyway and go back to world of tanks or whatever. It is a godsend, and you don’t even think twice about purchasing it. You played tbc 15 years ago, it will take you like 30 min to remember what your spells do and how to not stand in fire. By the time you go to Zangarmarch you are already familiar with your char and can go on to heroic 5mans and join a Kara raiding guild that will progress in T5 (and you regret never killing Kael in the original run).
That is who the boost is aimed at, and who it will be available for, no matter how much the OP and others whine.

6 Likes

Well I’m bored when levelling the same quests over and over again, so it makes sense that other are.

It’s not an objective thing at all is it? Your reply proves that.

That is your choice, just like it’s mine not to object about the boost.

Most people had already done the Classic levelling by the time TBC hit. So they could go straight on to TBC content.

2 Likes

Boost wasnt available back then.
If you wanted to do TBC you had to level to it and that should be the case now

4 Likes

And yet there were still new players joining

2 Likes

You say that like it’s a bad thing, and for the record I have no kids, but I do have a job that involves working 12-hour shifts until late in the evening, and so my total time allowed for WoW is roughly seven hours-per week if I’m lucky. Guess what? I can still level chars. It just takes longer, and what does that matter?

to skip MONTHS of tedium where you are likely to burn out anyway and go back to world of tanks or whatever

You mean YOU are likely to burn out. Not me, not Jack, not Jill, YOU. This is about you, please don’t include me.

skip MONTHS of tedium where you are likely to burn out anyway and go back to world of tanks or whatever

YOU. not me, YOU. Not Jack, not Jill, YOU. Again you’re talking about yourself. Do not include me as it does not apply.

You have a retail mindset. Only endgame matters, everything else is boring.

1 Like

And your point is no doubt that they had to level to get to TBC. BUT if the boost was available then or it was free with the expansion they would have used it. Just like people did from WoD onwards.

Edited to the right expansion.

If you’d said ‘in my opinion levelling is boring’, I’d have not come back with a response, however you stated is as it it were absolute fact.

1 Like

I never said it was objectively boring or boring for everyone.

Yes, I should have said for me, but I can guarantee it’s not just me who feels that way.

2 Likes

But it wasnt so they just got on with it.
Just get on with it

Classic endgame is

Enjoy your horrible leveling slog

1 Like

Horrible slog?

No I quite enjoy classic which is why I play it.
You seem to not enjoy it though? Could I suggest you quit?

1 Like

I suggest you stop being a salty hoe over boosts

4 Likes