Why there needs to be a solo gearing system in

I don’t want solo dungeons.
I want better and more varied world content.

I disliked Mage Tower. I disliked Torghast. I don’t want to be stuck in dark, small spaces for extended amounts of time.

Imo it should be as high as mythic content, with the difference being that it would take you until the very end of a season to reach that through solo content, while you can get it a LOT faster through M+/rated PvP/raiding.

neither does it necessarily say solo…

ironic.

why do i need to explain it? im not the one who implemented it?

Sure, but in the context of this thread we’re talking about possible failure due to other players, and if OP can’t handle it then maybe group content (or or at least doing it with random strangers) isn’t for them.

Mage tower? Also solo player. WoW is not only for multiplayer.

The system they have in LOTRO is great. you can solo dungeons and can choose what level range to run them. The mobs and loot simply adjusts to your choices.
Now, if an old game run by a skeleton crew of devs can do this, why can’t Blizz?

1 Like

I dont understand why if you are not interacting with end mulitiplayer content in the gamebyou would need to gear beyond the ilvl world quests give you. The reason people need to gear up beyond 382 or so is because it is necessary for raids/mythic plus etc. If you arent interacting with that content then it is not necessary. You dont need 415 gear to kill mobs in the world. Its a ridiculous argument. The whole point of high level gear is it should be hard to obtain, just handing gear to players for doing basic content is ridiculous.

I don’t understand why people play an MMO and then not want to have any interaction with anyone. I could understand not wanting to push keys or raid at a high level or whatever but zero interaction makes for a terrible game. It is not built to be played alone.

Two parts.

First, later questing zones have a tendency to have inflated health pools. I had a really bad time during MoP, as there was a major gap in dps (50k vs 300k) and consequently those mobs with 750k, 1.5m, 4.5m health pools didn’t sell well. There was a gear reset shortly after and it was suddenly playable. The alternative is BC/WLK which didn’t scale with raid tiers, but instead I’d literally oneshot everything.

Second, players are looking for a motivation, and a regular fix of power creep seems to do it for them. I suppose repeating just a small pool of content from the current expansion isn’t fun. My solution is not leveling up, and scaling, but I’m officially wrong, so.

The true measure of fun content is when people do it in the absence of rewards.

I really enjoy the MMO element in GW2 where we form an implicit squad helping the events, bosses and all. I’m just less fond of what actually happens in WoW with its premade parties (dungeons). (The rest I’d just repeat myself from above. Current group culture is stressful for many.)

Well, first of all; you don’t NEED to understand. Why does it matter?
But second… The reason is; because getting upgrades, getting stronger is FUN.

Yeah? Wanting to have fun in a game is a ridiculous argument?

No. That’s YOUR take on it. And that’s fine, but that’s not how many others look at it.

Again; you don’t need to understand.
But here’s the ‘fun’ thing again. Some people just don’t enjoy interacting with strangers in an anonymous environment. Nothing wrong with that.

It is. Not all of its content, sure. But likewise; not all of its content is made to be played with others. An mmorpg is all of the above; it provides content for many different types of players. We all share this virtual world, but how and even if you want to interact with those other players you share that world with, is entirely up to each individual player.

I agree. I think a lot of people are actually completely clueless about how the majority of people actually play the game.

Engagement with M+ sperging and raiding, i think you will find, is actually very low compared to total game population, and it always has been.

And yet Blizzard has clung to this system for endgame and never budged, and the disappointing player numbers now are the result (well, also a result of terrible decisions RE: BFA and Shadowlands).

The fact of the matter is that the community, and players themselves, are completely different from back in classic. I quite enjoy some classes and professions, but then i get hard locked at max level becouse of these archaic systems.

However, another problem is ilvl bloat. If there is solo progression, what ilvl will it be? LFR? Higher? I have already completely invalidated lfr purely through solo content. Do people expect mythic comparable rewards?

I think at least tweaking the profession system and reagents so they’re solo friendly would go a huge way to fixing this anyway. The fact that you’re essentially forced to engage in group content just to make the absolute basic crafted gear (hard timegated for solo players due to both sparks and primal chaos) is a bit of a joke.

1 Like

there is no itlv bloat

there are just lazy jealous people who refuse to put in effort into game and want to have exactly the same gear as people who do put effort have

you have 389 gear from invasions you can even get tier gear by catalyst , you have 392 crafted gear , you have 2 pieces from renown.

thats plenty enough for people who only do WQ and nothing else.

when i was 390 i was doing +14/15 and started to do hc raid with my guild . so its perfect start itlv gear for people who enjoy only WQ.

Effort.
Funny word.

If you enjoy and do M+ for 2 hours, is it comparable to doing world quests for how many hours?

Or is it only effort when a high skill floor is involved?

Higher rewards for group content are there to offset the difficulties of managing groups required to do them.

All the rest is just selective breeding, and now most people involved with WoW are looking at item levels like others look at crack or coke. Gimme moar, gimme ma fix.

WoW used to be a game for everyone, offering quests, dungeons, raids, world PvP, arenas, battlegrounds, professions, roleplaying.

But some of the 1337 people look down so hard.

I could say the same about PvPers and Alterac Valley. But what’s the point?
Let’s just coexist without being low and jelly. (Amagad, he doesn’t deserve the same gear that my superior self does.)

World quests isn’t really effort. I’m barely even watching the game when I’m doing WQs. It can take up to 30 minutes for some WQs to be completed for me because I simply get too invested in whatever I’m watching on netflix/twitch/hbo/youtube or whatever.

your problem is that you are associating high keys with elite which is just not true. that elite that you think about is doing minimum 24 + . those people are elite indeed.

most of peopel who do 18s atm are very mediocre players like me who unlike super bad players put literaly minimum effort into learning how their classes work . and then minimum effort to do like 30-40 dungeons since start of season. and at least half of them dont even know how dungeons work only they yolo everything . it has been how long ? 3 months now ? so lets say if you did 4 dungeons weekly for 12 weeks you would be on 48 dungeons now and likely around 16-18 bracket easily .

you are defending people who dont even want to play a game on such minimum level like doing 4 dungeons each week.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.