Why there needs to be a solo gearing system in

Were they right? To a certain extent. Yes. While m+ had positives and defintly was great for players of its audience.

M+ led to the development of lots of systems that are considered unfin

Look at how the games evolved due to how theyve had to try and balance m+ and raiding.

Vault - people unhappy.
Low drop rates - people unhappy.
Tier sets being in m+ - people unhappy.
Tier sets being delayed in m+ - people unhappy
Dungeons are now linear and less creative - unhappy players

Dungeons now all follow a identical path. To fit m+ into them.

Systems which have been continously disliked through and through came in because m+ joined end game pillars.

The pros to m+ are obvious, but to beleive it hasnt generated several effects in itd aftermath which has generated sub losses and also negatively affected the popularity of other modes has been drastic to match.

However.

M+ doesnt give players the same ability as making end gsme solo content awarding the very best rewards.

Heres the fact.

Weather i play in a raid or a group the requirements are

To create or join a group.

Have a tank and healer present. And more importantly in a game mode that the games balance supports.

Solo play, at such difficulty, would require every specc to be equally balanced in healing tanking and dps for such to work.

Now i. Such structral balancing healer and tank roles become obselete, which then progressively will generate more and more leaving thr group enviroment as this would turn groyps and raids from a structured set up to a mass zerg through content.

If you launched m+ on a solo format tomorrow, do u rly beleive in current state they could make it accessible for every class? Let alone specc.

The entire class design would need to change, as i listed above, u would become responsible for all damage healing and tanking in that dungeon,

which means ur dps speccs would need to be able to both tank, interupt all casts, be able to deal with every mechanic while also sustaining the fight.

Lets realistically think about this.

You cant change the fights mechanics, u csnt dull the difficulty, and u csnt remove mechanics. Because the grouped side of content would remain.

So we are looking at every class being able to mechanically deal with fights solo, without making them brain dead in groups.

The logical fix would be, tanks and healers stop existing and everything going into the builds. Every specc able to pick from array of tank / healer / dps benefits, so u could hybridize your specc and class to fit these roles.

So basically. PvP balancing almost.

Theres a huuuuge change in class design direction, and while sure may end up positive. M+ did damage raiding, and pvp heavily, it just did.

And sure, id love to switch gearing off and be able to do content for the sheer challange rather then the headache of continously chasing a ilevel to gain access to content. I know the process dont swll well.

At no point does my argument say it couldnt happen, id be happy to see it lol, but u bet ur bottom dollar id abandon everyone in a heart beat.

Why sit in a queue for 45minutes waiting on tanks and healers, when i can instantly do solo. Lol. Why would i do it? Its time efficent to solo the content.

But WoW would need to delete the holy trinity for it to work. You cant solo on such a difficulty without that happening.

Do i beleive pve content being soloable be a benefit to the game? No doubt.

Do i think the players demanding for this would manage the content? Absolutely no

Do i think there are negatives? Yes.

Heres the thing

Soloing. +20, sure mobs health would need shrinking. And mobs would prolly need to be less clustered.

But theyre not going to delete mechanics, do u have any idea, the difficulty of this contdnt would be on at +20 solo??.

And this is the grand part which generates.

Remember when legions mage tower came? How many solo players got real unhappy with it?

Not only would such a thing be heavvilly meta requiring, itd also require flawless play, and it rly would we are talking 100% player responsibility, most players in WoW cant manage the 20% player responsibility thats demanded in m+

The players demsnding this content, wont be capable of doing the content. The issue is, no ones considering that fact. It will just be the next complaint that the contents too hard.

M+ damaged the game, just as much as improved it. Which side of the fence u sit on regarding that will depend on who u are.

However, m+ didnt require the class design philsophy to change as much as solo content would.

We can appreciate the idea, and understand why a audience of players want it. But u cant ignore negatives.

Do u honestly beleive solo players would on a majority be capable of the content? We have seen this before in mage towers go very wrong.

The only reason WoW is more successful financially is because it’s ridden with microtransactions that aren’t even micro, the monthly fee and incredibly addicted people who don’t even want to play anymore, constantly complain yet still play because of nostalgia and their literal addiction. WoW BARELY gains any actual completely new younger players. The steadily decreasing player count proves that while for games like ESO the steadily increasing player count clearly displays their far more modern design works and will attract more and more people long term.

WoW does everything wrong to stay modern and gain new players. While DF is better than most expansions, it’s still incredibly outdated and offers only 2 ways to get relevant endgame gear. Any other mmorpg offers at least 4+ ways, many of them as solo content.

1 Like

So is gw2 and eso.

The reason WoW is more successful is because WoW gains 6 million subs while the above 2 by records only make about 300k players

Thats flatline the truth. The games dont generate a income from their sales or player base size, to be able to expand content in the same structure as WoW, so end up continously beneath it.

While true this is every mmorpg on the market right now.

However WoWs audience has sustained higher then both these games im afraid.

Again.

ESO and GW2 expansions are under 500k sales.

Both these games have less players then WoW. And while aure being f2p games they get people regularly trying the game. They dont rly make it far through

And gw2 has things such as gw2efficency which allow you to see this pretty well.

1. it rly isnt

2. eso is accessible on all consoles with pc. And still doesnt get close to WoWs sales lol.

Or we skipping this?

The fact eso is completely f2p with no sub costs, expansions being half the price of WoWs. And the game itself being shared across pc and console?

Sales do not represent success here. Sales do not make a game good. Look at pokemon scarlet/violet.

WoW has maybe 2-5 years left if the game design will keep staying out of date this much. It absolutely steadily decreases in player count since WoD, and rapidly at that. Blizzards financial calls confirm that. Lost Ark overtook WoW basically within a week. Far more modern.

And as for ESO, it will slowly and steady overtake WoW as well, unless Blizzard decides to actually make a modern game that is far more accessible, not this boring, old feeling stale game design that it has now.

WoW decreased in sales over the years, by a lot. While literally any other mmorpg games lncreased their sales. This trend will continue.

You can be offended by this whatever you want but it’s a hard fact, non debatable. Literally public statistic and hard fact.

If you keep making false irrelevant arguments i won’t further waste my time.

Lol false?

Right lets look at the information your deliberately missing out in ur statements.

ESO is sold on both consoles and PCs making its audience wider then WoW by default.

ESO is also a b2p game, meaning its numbers of “players” includes anyone whos downloaded the game because its not measured by active subscribers.

Its daily active playerbase, is 300k-500k, and its playerbase is estimated at 3million total, across all platforms.

Im included in that 3million, because i own the game, it also preachs 12million accounts, but again. This is including anyone who owns a account with them.

The nature of their model, will always look good on paper. Same with gw2.

I played ESO and i played gw2 to try and quit WoW and find a better game for my time. But both these games failed.

ESO has every advantage under the sun to make higher sales then WoW, console is far more popular statistically with young players and todays gamers then pcs im afraid, so yes anytging on console can beat WoW in raw numbers.

But ESO doesnt. And no data sheet is showing ESO being more popular rhen WoW lol

P.s i love your attempt to invalidate my argument. I never said WoW hasnt lost subs. But WoWs also 20 years old thats going to happen.

Im aware, 6million sales, from wotlks 12 million makes it obvious this games bled half its playerbase entirely of non-returning players. And it drops to 1.2million by the end of every expansion.

Nobody said otherwise.

However trying to pin those losses on this is kinda flawed given we know why WoW bled so hard.

• 2 terrible expansions in a row.
  • borrowed power and blizzards stubborness
  • 2 major pr problems hongkong and how they dealt with it and the lawsuit.
  • game caring about pvp less and less.
  • game delievering harder and harder content.
  • m+ generated tons of unsubs.
  • server instability / lag
  • masses of bugs that arrive every reset.

You only have to read the last 8 years on this forum, and u quickly reliese where the complaints are, and gear treadmill isnt that high in the list

Games dying because its poor quality, rushed expansions, continous ignored buggy behaviour and borrowed power systems.

And even if we look past WoW.

The largest mmorpg on the market is FFXIV, anothrf game which awards raiders above solo players again gear wise

And if ur honestly gonna try topple ffxiv its sub numbers go uptoo 30 million lol, no game touchs the sides compared to its model.

I’m not sure anyone was asking for solo M+, that would be ridiculous. However, an NPC/flexi normal dungeon and raid would be great. As in solo it at basic level with a group of NPCs like FFXIV or less than 5 people + NPCs to make up for it.

I can duo the normal dungeons now at 385 but it would still be nice. Raid just for the story and general “beat up end boss” quest. LFR is ok but I don’t get to see the story just GOGOGOGO!!! Not interested in getting gear out of it really. I get better in open world and crafting.

That’s why I came up with my Mc example :slight_smile:
People want power, I guess everybody just wants to join the Twilight Hammer for real.

I don’t think WoW is particularly bad, I simply find it too demanding in some aspects, designed for people in their prime and able to play a lot. (Instead of going out, networking and starting their careers.)

I agree with the point that players can just take it easy, however I find that the community just talks down to people with lesser achievements, gear, what have you. In GW2 there are many world events, bosses, and I was never once inspected or talked down to because I was leveling, or wearing the cheap exotic set. People just play together. And PvP doesn’t even have gear. (Dungeons and raids I guess a bit more demanding there as well, but I don’t feel missing out on stuff if I don’t play them.)

GW2 and ESO has a lot less marketing in my face.
Content pace of GW2 is fairly slow, it’s best for players who keep playing on and off, without pressure to keep up.
WoW with the sub and regular power resets encourages (forces) people to keep playing very regularly, especially if they enjoy multiple classes. It’s designed for addiction. The dings, the item level upgrades, the higher numbers… like how people still complain about the level squish, as if that number did anything gameplay-wise. But it does, it’s their junk they’re addicted to. (See post below! And OP.)

1 Like

Next people will be saying we should be getting 415 gear as daily login rewards. What in the hell is going on?

Well if they want power they need to do chalenging content. Otherwise 389 gear is plenty enough to clear wq and lfr.

This is just silly and you know it, but yet again so is trying to turn a multiplayer game into a single player game.

you did not even get this part right… jesus.

I would like more solo content, gear is quite easy to come by, farm some primal storms (Or the upcoming island area), do some events, kill some rares, crafting (With 4 of those “Craft items at around 400 ilevel”-things, 5 if you drag yourself through Raz LfR), renown gives ilevel 389 items, plenty of gear progression.

There aren’t many things to do though, to placate the raid-loggers, WQs were slashed from daily to twice-a-week, the world events have a precipitous dropoff in rewards after the first time per week, infinite grinds like Azerite or Anima were bad, but now there’s nothing to work towards anymore.

We get it. You’re the extroverted CEO of WoW and cant bare the thought of any solo activity
Meanwhile:
Leveling, phasing, professions,solo shuffle,xmog and mount farming, are just a few examples of WoW encouraging solo player style as well
Nobody said to make it solo player but forcing group activities and promoting them as end game, is against games interest
Look now, people barely log in anymore because theres no more solo things to do, only m+ or raiding. Ghost towns.

1 Like

You should probably play Skyrim instead.

1 Like

jesus christ. No it’s not. Go play a single player game instead of trying to ruin the game with your social anxiety.

It’s perfectly fine to accept that MMO’s are just not for you.

And you have nothing else to counter me other than nitpick errors :rofl::rofl: pathetic.
Still, nowhere it states Play With Others… even in the long meaning: massive multiplayer online game… ok now my little fussy player?

1 Like

You still didnt explain to me the process of leveling being a solo game feature in an mmo.
And no, I dont have any social anxiety, I have an allergy to cretins tho.

Guess im having to look it up for you then, even though you’re kinda rude.

multiplayer, adjective; involving or intended for more than one player

You can look the rest up yourself, if you’re still confused about the meaning of the words.

But yet again i don’t expect much from people doing this: :rofl: :rofl:

This game it’s a MMO if you want single game you need to find single player games.

Brilliant :star_struck: I like that “or”. It has a ring to it, doesn’t it? :blush:
I also have a perfect analogy of a thing you can do multiplayer with someone but you can also do it alone… but there are children in the forum…. Intended for two or more… but not necessarily :rofl:

1 Like

Bla bla bla

If WoW is only for multiplaying, explain leveling and phasing?! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::pray: