Why unrated bgs are so dead

1. Very long queues, even playing healer and mercenary

2. No rewards and we have to play pve. Why an unrated game against human being that needs 30 mins give none of gear? A mythic +5 gives you much much better gear and the game even helps you if you are a wipe king with a 20% buff. The weekly chest will be decent. Why a whole night of bgs where you try to win farm honor and do the tasks for a bg give you zero?

3. WE ONLY PLAY WOW for the BGS. Rated bgs are not good for very busy people that want to play have fun and disconnect

Alex

11 Likes

I play rated bgs for weekly cap only. 3 rated bg a win will make weekly cap. And it takes 1.5 hours to weekly 500 conquest cap with rated bgs.

For unrated bgs , wow lost half of game population I believe , interest on pvp dropped and add it to horde / alliance unbalance , you will have your long queues.

5 Likes

que is longer then the bg itself , its super sad ;/

2 Likes

fun fact:
queue on alliance AND horde is long.

even on alliance I wait 5-15 mins for a 10man bg.
Epic bgs usually have a faster queue time than normal bgs. That actually indicates that at time you have less than 10 german players actually queuing for normal bgs.

That is the sad state we are in now.
Can’t blame them. Pvp balance is terrible, alliance is terrible, rewards are terrible, you have little time to actually pvp because you have to do so many other chores to farm your crap

9 Likes

You are paying a monthly fee for sitting 30 min queue time while there are Free games out there that has an instant queue for PVP :rofl:

and the funny part is that Blizzard is making MILLIONs of :money_with_wings: every month but they just dont give a FUK about it.

7 Likes

Well, no wonder.

• there are no rewards
  • essence grind on alts is no longer needed
  • the “bypassing restrictions premades” made unrated bgs overall a horrible experience
  • tanks were (and some still are) invinsible
  • gear gap is far too big
  • more repetitive chores => less timefilling bgs
  • essence + corruption = random “oneshots”
  • …

To sum it up; they wanted to kill off casual PvP, and it worked.

5 Likes

It doesnt happen on rated bg , you spend whole game in middle of eye of storm and pick flag for 1 time or twice whole game. I think its the gear gap is issue.

For arena yes one shots available sadly.

Blizzard killed the casual pvp of this game.
Back then you could fast conquest cap even with random bgs and buy your pvp gear.
Right now Its same but the pvp gear is so bad in ilvl compared to back in cata or WoD.

6 Likes

This topic was about unrated / casual / mercenary? No point comparing it with rated :stuck_out_tongue: or did I miss something.

3 Likes

can you give me such games to try them ? Really I do not know any games (old father here :smiley: )

As mercenary for alliance i have 2min ques
… As my alt shammy healer I have 2min ques as allaianc3 and As horde 15 minimum(dps) horde/ally unbalance is very very bad atm

I’ve had this convo in guild too we cannot figure out why our wait times aew diff

As Alliance, the games often start with 8v10 or 9v10.

4 Likes

Russians.
Pretty much everyone i know including myself quit unrated bgs because of going solo / duo que vs full premade is just not worth the time

also, world pvp is alive

3 Likes

Russians: Nobody wants to play with them

Scaling: Over some ilvl thresholds scaling is broken. Sh1t coders are sh1t
No rewards

Its a corruption fiesta

Balance is at its worse at least i can remember: Dps healing more than healers and tanks doing more healing and dmg than anyone.

Raid bosses in bgs: Try and kill a healer or a tank, gl with that.

Premades

4 Likes

Same on horde when I queue.

2 Likes

Also mayby the primary reason people dont play bgs (and cause of their unenjoyability):

1. You have ZERO influence on outcome of games compared to #1 rogues, #2 Tanks, #3 healers. Tanks could legitimately be given a passive 70% increased damage taken in bgs buff and theyd still be the best role, thats how overtuned they currently are.
  2. Rogues, oh did i mention rogues? Did I mention completely disrupt the interactiveness of BG objectives, sap interaction should break stealth in bgs.

Its an absolute jokes, currently if I had to rate impact values on bgs it would be something like Vengeance/Guardian 9, mistweaver monk 6, other tanks/restodruid 5, rogues 4, other healers 3 every single other dps in the game 1 to 0.5.

How would you feel say loading into the game of WSG on a balancedruid for example and watching the enemy guardian druid literally run through your entire 10man team without dying because a billion dollar company doesnt feel like paying 1 guy a couple hundred dollars worth of hours’ work to make tanks not overtuned in pvp.

2 Likes

Its your issue , guardian druids not immortal anymore. They became op to strong.

About rogue case , you need to read some guides maybe. You shouldnt be having any problem against rogues with any paladin spec.

3 Likes

I disagree for rogues they are not that OP, although i think their blind cc should be on the same DR than sap.

Tanks are not anymore what they were in 8.2 especially against casters they can die pretty quickly

However geared healers yeah they r a problem, but its not new they have always been a problem . Both palaheals, priests, rdroods, monks can be raid bosses in BGs and when 2+ good healers are connected in a BG it might be a fun killer for others.

When i play DPS, the most exciting games are bg with 1 or 0 healer on each side

2 Likes

Where is world pvp?

1 Like

Reason why so many people are giving up on random bgs:

1. Premades. And dont come with the bz that full premades does not exist, ive seen Twitch…
  2. Gear ruining the experience. ”But templates sucks” well I prefer not getting stressed seeing fresh players join compared to now.
    The only negative thing is that premades cant stomp people when this is in the game. They dont want enemies to fight back, they want to farm them.
  3. The pvp rewards honestly suck.
4 Likes