Why was/is WoD on such a bad rep?

It felt unfinished, rushed.

Personally I didn’t find the story particularly engaging.

I knew instanced Garrisons would turn out the way they did. Even if they had been fully class/race customisable the outcome would have still been the same. Making the world small, isolating players. The shipyard on top of it all was just obnoxious.

Tanann felt like a cynical holding cell.

The raids were good, even great. But that’s usually a given. I didn’t like the 5 mans (except the train one).

I’m sure not everyone disliked it - especially if they started in MoP or WoD, but no time past will change my mind on WoD unfortunately.

Everything was tied to garrisons and their plan to deliver expansions sooner couldn’t be realised, so content drought.

Which hurts me because I came back to the game at the end of Legion, left during MoP so I never played current WoD.

I would have loved to have so much gold lol.

As others have said the zones and questing were, for the most part, great. What did really annoy me was the build up of all these great legendary Orc tribes and their leaders who we just then seemed to decimate with barely a scratch to ourselves. It just didn’t tie together well.

A lot of planned content was cut.

Nothing interesting to do outside of raids.

Garrisons became boring fast due to how solo they feel.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.