Why was/is WoD on such a bad rep?

i mean looking at it back now,i didnt play the game back then,but having all those BADass orc characters from Warcraft history seems to me like it would be an amazing expansion,so where did they screw up?(Too bad they didnt give my man Orgrim more uptime)

didn’t play wod, but aside from the content/mechanics, setting a story in an alternate timeline doesn’t sound like a great idea to me to ensure the best player engagement.

If you think BfA had a lot of missing content they chopped even more out of WoD.

The garrisons should have been an amazing feature, instead they ended up as a glorified daily quest hub.

2 Likes

i mean that whole thing about alternate reality was kinda meh,just confusing

Lack of content basically. The content draught was horrible (even though I personally didn’t mind it; had plenty to do).

TBC is still the worse expansion (imo).

Mostly because it had very little content. It started the pathfinder for flying, it had no content so you spent most of your time alone in your garrison, they had plans to make karabor an alliance hub and I cant remember what for horde but ended up scrapping it all together and we ended up with no hub, tanaan jungle was an even more boring timeless isle, it still had no content, twitter integration and updated belf models was the highlight of the first “major” patch and then the expansion randomly ended.

Also pruning 1.0, which was only redeemed because legion made classes even worse. Also mass inflation with gold because of garrison which some like but has ultimately been bad for the game.

1 Like

It’s starting! We knew this day would come! The rose tinted glasses for WoD are here :expressionless:

2 Likes

The zones and questing while levelling up was amazing. The raids were really good too. Outside of that …there wasn’t really much of anything.

1 Like

Most of it was due to the pruning, lack of content, the amount of cut content and for a minority the story, which imo suffered the most due to aforementioned cut content.

That said I still enjoyed WoD a great deal more than both Legion and BfA.

I liked WoD. It was one of those expansions where I could reasonably finish the content and only needed to raid-log. I also liked the garrison and that my character had an actual home. Pathfinder aside, it was a decent expansions.

2 Likes

Garrison was just pure horrible, and the fact people could literally farm gold through missions making millions of gold was also silly. Not to forget the lagfest Ashran was.

Seems is the key word. Its why subs jumped back up to 10million for WoD. Garrison was… eh. Very little end game content, Apexis grind was boring and a poor story. Essentially a lack of content and much else. Raids were Decent atleast and some dungeons were good.

The people who enjoyed it are people who dont really like doing stuff outside off what they mainly do (Raiding or PVP (maybe pet battles)). Which I personally dont think is worth it when you pay 9.99 a month to play the game. Seems the millions who left agreeded…

WoD would have been a great xpac if they hadn’t scrapped like 50% of it. Good ideas, poor and chopped result. I don’t mind alternate timelines either, a fascinating idea, but same here it wasn’t made well and surely very confusing for new players. From what I’ve read and heard the newer all like their garrison, so…

so why was the content cut?

Probably because they chose to work on Legion instead.

Video about the scrapped stuff:

It’s purely subjective, too me it was one of expansions which i played the most. The levling was very good probably the best one so far in my opinon. Nice zones, bonus objective was a nice addition. Also the 20% XP from Arak that was really lit.

It was the most alt friendly expansion thats for sure, i had 5 alts and i don’t have anyone this expansion (don’t have the time to grind AP, Essences, Azerite, corruption and cloak on more than one char) as i mainly focus on PvP WoD was heaven, very straight and deterministic geaing process, the only thing that you had RNG on was the Accolades trinkets which could be obtained in Azhran/Rbgs.

Right now i can’t PvP on anything remotely close to equal terms as you need to PvE for all your gear, and i’m still trying to get a 10+ Geti’ku but no luck for the last two seasons and thats very anoying. So for me it was a much more enjoyable in WoD compared to now, but it’s subjective as i said.

Because they scrapped effectively everything that wasn’t instanced content.

Questing in WoD was great tbh, but there was too much centralization and forced Garrison work and waiting for Missions to be done.

The Dungeons and Raids were great, but overall in the long run it lacked content which is what annoyed people.

I liked how Rares were handled in it, particularly those in Tanaan Jungle… none of the long respawn time nonsense that a lot of Rares in BfA are if you’re after collectables – they’re already on a daily lockout, there’s no need for long respawn times ontop of their low drop rates God damn it Blizz!!!

Another bad thing about WoD, it COMPLETELY DESTROYED the economy! What was 20k in MoP would become 300+k in WoD due to the Garrison; people were making loads of Alts for it to spit out tons of gold and mats. 2 expansions later and we’re still suffering from the gross inflation.

Because it followed poor expansion MOP.

People were just fed up. After the Panda disappointment they were expecting something to compensate, but instead Blizzard pulled all resources and gave them two filler expansions in row.

I quit in wod because pathfinder, pruned classes and crap setting for horde garrison.

The only thing I did in wod was complete the storyline on alliance and then quit for 2 years. Came back in legion prepatch.