Wild Strikes to become Raid-wide

In order to improve accessibility to the Wild Strikes/Windfury Totem effect, the Wild Strikes aura, which has been limited to the Druid’s party within 20 yards, will become raid-wide with a 100 yard radius.

This change will occur during scheduled weekly maintenance in each region. (Early morning, 21 August in this region)

For a time, the tooltip will still say that it is restricted to the party. We intend to correct that in the next major patch.

7 Likes

Finally ! It’s about time x)

Cool! Thank you :slight_smile:

Very nice. Bear will probably bit a bit OP with access to SotF on chest now but that’s not the end of the world

I cant pretend Im happy for mele because Im not, because this means bring even more mele in raid. More warriors, rogues, feral druids and my resto druid maybe had chance 1% to win roll for tier or lc but now… Hope is lost! What I become dispelin and innervating sad tree who even dont have animation dance. Good job blizz :rofl:

Time to play retail because sod become even more toxic than retail at this point lol

1 Like

Things don’t add up if we follow your logic. Before this change your raid group probably needed more ferals to satisfy the melee group(s) with windfury, guilds could just not get enough ferals. Now a single feral is enough to provide WF for the whole raid.

If anything you should be happy now, one feral satisfies the WF need. Unless your raid group had no other druid than yourself, which was far from ideal, the competition on loot shouldn’t be much different.

okay, this is just too much.

druid WF was already superior to shaman WF.
the shamans demand compensation.
give us BoM totem and increase totem range to 100 yards as well, wtf you doing keeping totems 20 yards with a 40 yard SET BONUS while giving everyone else 100 yards as baseline.

oh well, at least now we can just keep agi/tranquil totem up without question on horde side, i guess.

1 Like

Horde is already way superior than alliance, it’s just the bone they throw at alliance while horde gets the steak xD

1 Like

You just use GoA totem now and do more damage? You do realize that this is a bigger buff to horde than ally right? You also realize that GoA + STR is more dps gained for all classes than might right? GoA and Str totem scale better than BoM. By just being Tauren instead of Nelf i’d gain almost 100 DPS.

But you knew all of this before making the post correct?

Chill with the doom posting bro. You will be fine. You are never having to twist totems now and you’re doing more dps now because of being able to use GoA.

Hunters are gaining basically wbuff levels of dps from shaman being able to use GoA now, 150-200 dps variance btw.

Compensation seems more than fine.

Absolutely massive W.

I’m actually curious. How can you, 20years later, still not change tooltips with hotfixes? Why does it need a major patch?
How complicated is your code.

Dude, this is druids you’re talking about. Probably the cheapest class in the game. And by cheapest I mean at how little they have to pay to get what they have. Take moonkin form for example. Consider how much does it give for ONE talent point whereas other classes have to invest multiple talents/runes/set bonuses to get a remotely similar effect. So yeah, this change is just but another step in this direction.

Still no Human race balance?!?
No buffs to tanks! warriors overall threat or Rogue aoe tanking?!?
Still no nerf for shaman or paladins pvp?!?
Balance druid and shadowpriest still trash tier dps.!!?

paladins aint op, they are melee and are not even worth a discussion.
shamans, especially ele can gladly get nerfed into oblivion and be hard gutted.

1 Like

Shamans needs a MASSIVE PvP nerf, its long overdue.
Just nerf all Their damage and delete lava burst

:laughing: :dracthyr_crylaugh: :dracthyr_hehe_animated: :dracthyr_lulmao: :dracthyr_lulmao: :dracthyr_hehe_animated: :rofl:

“nerfed in to oblivion” “hard gutted” “deleted”

Stop hitting yourself guys, it’s not your fault, let go of the anger, you guys just play the weakest class in the game, Paladin.

Everyone knows how bad Paladins have it, everyone is cheering for you to be happy, stop sleeping in a fetal position under the basement stairs because of Shamans.

Maybe next patch they will give Paladins a 10 second cooldown on Lay on Hands so you too can play the game, I truly feel for you!

Edit: Wave posts first and Cry posts after, are you guys trying to tell us something? this couldn’t be made any better, perfect!

Guess Aggrend got tired of having to drop Windfury Totem on his Shaman

1 Like

fun fact… he actually plays Ret Pally main. So most likely wanted wild strikes for himself instead of having to have ferals in his party.

thanks, what a comfort, and yes i pointed that out myself if you cared to read the full post.
that’s not exactly the point, but i’ll get to that.

i’m not in the mindset of “my faction didn’t get a buff boo hoo” i’m in the mindset; you already had WF, you should have thanked your lucky stars for that, and to a degree upon reflecting on the fact alliance doesn’t have shamans, i might even have been willing to accept that it be made raid wide.
what really gets me here, is the whopping 100 yards aura.
you don’t need that 100 yards to have all the melee get it in a raid.

this will have negative consequences for pvp for both sides, because now you got a warrior 100 yards away from a druid having WF, because he happens to be within a miles radius of him, during his 1v1 with a caster class.

100 yards is far too generous and completely unnecessary from a pve perspective, where this buff stems from in the first place.

the argument from alliance players this entire time was that they don’t have enough feral druids to cover their melee groups in raids, and thus wild strikes should be raidwide (still a bad idea but i was willing to accept it based on the argument made because it at least makes objective sense).

both sides have feral druids so this isn’t really about “alliance get unfair buff” this is about druids specifically being given something huge which they didn’t need.
30 yards would have been generous (which it was previously) as that is still 10 yards more than WF totem from shaman.

on top of that absurd 100 yards radius, it is also functionally superior to shaman WF on a geared character.
shaman’s totem wf proc is 315 attack power (untalented) flat.
druid wild strikes proc is 20% bonus attack power, meaning it scales with character’s power level, so druids were already eating better as it is, and now they get this on top?
bs m8.

i didn’t say this wasn’t the case, nor is that relevant.
what is relevant that alliance is being absolutely spoiled with this change, and while it affects horde too, this is far more meaningful for alliance - i am simply saying this generous leniency should go both ways.
horde needs to have something be an improved version of the mirror alliance got from us, such as decoy totem being made stronger.

this totem is the trade we made for WF, and now your WF just got omega buffed while we got nothing.
you can now have 1 single druid cover the need for WF for a whole raid.
that druid could be standing at Garr and still give WF to a warrior standing at Geddon.

those totems do not scale.
period.
they provide a flat str/agi bonus and there is no way to squeeze more stat points out of them.
and on that note, BoM doesn’t scale either.
i don’t think you know what “scaling” means if you claim any of these scale.

fun fact: alliance used to have a better version of both agi and strength totem combined into 1 ability (thus only 1 GCD that did not rely on a 20 yard totem you could poke to death in 1 hit) called “Horn of Lordaeron” but you guys were so ungrateful for it that you literally never used it, so the devs removed it, and now you’re coming crawling back after having shown your true colors and suddenly realize you made a huge mistake in undervaluing it.

you had it before.
you said it was “not worth”.
you didn’t use it.
it was removed.

this is despite the fact that horn of lordaeron functioned exactly like battle shout, but had no mana cost and lasted 2 minutes without totem dependency, and instead of attack power it provided agi and str (same value as the totems).

you were literally so ungrateful for this “unfair advantage” you are now pointing directly at, saying “you got unfair advantage”, that it literally got DELETED as a result and now as if to cheer me up, you point at my str/agi totems as a source of comfort?
THESE ARE ABILITIES SHAMAN HAS HAD FOR 20 YEARS WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT.
absolutely absurd.

you can shelve that “you don’t know what you are talking about” attitude you are putting on right now bro.

at the very least, shaman totems need a buff across the board to even remotely compensate for this BS.

100 yards baseline on utility totems (not 40 yards as a bloody set bonus, what a joke).
5 minute duration - flat out - grounding totem, searing totem etc. too.
take them all off the global cooldown too while you are at it.

now we can talk about fairness.
making swathing changes like this is screwing 1 class out of his key utility spell and people seem to think that’s just fine like are you kidding me.

its not fine.
shaman’s raid spot has just been severely diminished in value because 1 druid can now cover the job of 4 shamans and do it way better than they can even dream to, even with talents or set bonuses.

to put this into further perspective for you.
this is the same as druid’s mark of the wild (improved ofc) being given to a different class (lets say mage) but with improved thorns built in baseline and undispellable + some other hogey bonus that the druid version doesn’t provide, such as oh i dunno, lets say +10% more crit damage (not crit CHANCE - DAMAGE).

now your mark of the wild is completely undervalued.
and then you’d have some andy come in and go “but you got 3% spell crit aura though, you still provide stuff” (which would also be missing the point entirely).

if this was the case, that class getting that particular buff has just diminished druids value when it comes to a raid spot, because they provide what you can provide, but like 10x better.

P.S I am not worried about my own raid slot.
i am main tank and guild leader, i have 0 chance of not coming to raid.
the way i see it is that from a dps enh shaman’s perspective, i just got screwed once again because my unique class utility was stolen yet again.

my concern about this change is mostly pvp related + i think its bs that shaman’s value when it comes to raid spot was diminished significantly.
even if this is actually a buff (being that shamans can now rock agi/tranquil totem) its not a good change.

you are looking at this strictly from an alliance perspective, and ofc its all sunshine for you guys. there is 0 negative drawbacks for any class on your faction, only positive benefits.
hell, if i played alliance i’d be ecstatic as well.

they should, AT THE VERY LEAST, allow shamans who are running another personal weapon imbue to benefit from WF/WS effect on top of it.

buff rockbiter back to its normal attack power while you are at it btw.
shaman tank is the only tank who ironically enough doesn’t get to use WF because we have to use rockbiter (WHICH YOU ALSO GUTTED AND NEVER ADDRESSED AGAIN).

honestly, we’re at the point where they might as well slap 20% chance for an extra hit with X attack power on all melee classes and just get rid of WF altogether.

the buff has gone from a powerful luxury you’d be lucky to have in your group to being mandatory because of course it has - thanks to alliance andies repeatedly moaning and crying about not having enough feral druids while sitting in group with like 4 boomkins, so just stop beating around the bush and do it already.

don’t forget to make sure to remove shaman’s windfury weapon and nerf it to 1 attack down from 2 as well because we all know that’s how incompetent you’d be about such a change.

and yes, my pride is extremely wounded about this.
you might say i am incredibly salty.
mad even.
outraged.
in shambles.