Will Blizzard ever balance the factions?

I’m cutting the chase here. It’s Blizzard’s fault, obviously. If you they cannot maintain an even balance, then they stop pretending that everything is alright with the game.

We had several pictures, comments and videos in the past which suggest a genuine favoritism towards the Horde, so why is this dismissed? And secondly, why do you reduce every criticism and unfairness to “tears”? How do you expect people to react otherwise, when the community, and to a greater degree you, are so hostile towards towards the other player base?

The problems begins with the developers, not the community. They are the people who steer the game into the direction they desire.

2 Likes

I do agree witht that statement.

That’s why I moved Horde.

Well, as I said before…How do you turn RP player into serious hardcore raider ? That’s what I meant by “scrapping RP player”, because that’s impossible and It’s fine that all players are not interested in raiding.
I do think the shift is impossible to reverse for raiding, sadly.

Factions are not working. Do you think it’s fine that : Alliance = RP, casuals whereas Horde = Hardcore PVE and PVP ??? No, that’s not healthy, that is not fine.

Well, now, it’s just World of Hordecraft. And has been since WoD.

At least, once upon a time, Alliance had Hardcore PvP thanks to EMFH.

There was never balance. At some point one faction outnumbered the other. And if it was Blizzards fault they made up for it.

Several pictures and comments my bum. We had a few people trying to feed to faction pride crap or just talking plain dumb. You people took those and put them on a banner that you pull out every time it’s time to make demands. If I were to single out the times they someone spoke in favor of the Alliance Golden would be out of the job. Certainly the latest expansion would make it obvious who is getting preferential treatment. You on a RP realm, benefits from a buff that’s meant to be given to the Horde, but nothing has been done about that. So please, spare me the unloved child routine.

And yes, tears, many tears. You wanna see how people react? Look at this thread. The Alliance has the racials, drives the story, gets special mounts the other faction can’t get, wins all the battles. Not to mention they already promised Nelfs a bright future cause they cried really hard, but they didn’t even MENTION the forsaken who are in a worse situation. Where are their complaints? Where are their demands for justice? There aren’t many. So that’s what I expect.

In the end, I stand by my words. The Alliance’s biggest problem are certain people in it and you are one of them.

Has nothing to do with:

During the golden age of EMHF the majority of arena teams were Alliance.

Not to mention that the Alliance now has the best racials overall. So what’s holding the players from migrating? Maybe they like it on the Horde side.

Maybe not, but breaking the factions is not only a bad solution to a community problem, but inappropriate given the fact that it has occured before and the game did just fine with fewer options, such as cross realms and server merges.

Oh yeah, pull the Hordecraft card. BFA sure is looking like Blizzard is catering to the Horde. No wait. They aren’t. They are specifically giving the Alliance powerful racials, unique mounts and victories. Give me a break.

And once upon a time the Alliance represented 70% of the whole population. Things change. Deal with it.

You know it’s really staggering to see how you people complain and shout at Blizzard, but I have rarely seen any of you trying to do something within your power to improve the condition of your community.

I don’t think RP players are the problem, but I think the current mechanics worsen the problem. The Alliance is rewarded for being less active in Warmode. Their leveling is currently much, much easier and quicker, which breeds more casual players. It was bad before, and it is only getting worse. I’d say the horde always had more “hardcore” players because on our side back in Vanilla you had to deal with the barrens which was a barren, boring zone. There has always been something the horde has to deal with that the alliance didn’t. Now we have to deal with our leveling taking 30% longer.

I think there’s some issues with the fantasy of both factions - the alliance, presumed good, the players don’t need to “try” to prove themselves. They’re the good guys. Where the horde, being underdogs and evil, are more pushed towards being more competitive either to prove themselves or to kill everyone.

I am saying making an RP choice, like your faction, should never grant you an in game advantage, that is just stupid.

I already dislike racials, but they are so low impact, but an in game incentive big enough to draw players to the bad faction, would be terrible.

Like you shouldn’t be better off in terms of gear or abilities, just because you choce a certain faction.

1 Like

Again, you’re oblivious to the overall situation and blame the people for the missteps the developers have done. While I do agree with the sentiment and how the WM-bonus ratio should be adjusted per server, they simply haven’t added this to the client. It’s far worse on the Oceanic servers where the majority of Alliance-players enjoy this bonus.

Besides, we RP-servers suffers a lot for the bonus already. You cannot know this but the GMs keep an eye on the now semi-official “AD is ruined” topic because of the massive influx of normal players on the RP-server.

The changes hit us all, especially when normal players started to disrupt the community on a regular basis due the WM-bonus advantages. The linked topic goes hand in hand with several other issues but it has been discussed often enough with some different and very hateful topics about normal players joining AD. Because of these changes the past years your server has been deemed to be a casual server and lost cause by the other AD’ers but I’m not going this far.

Truth is, you simply chose not to care for the inGame problems caused by the developer favoritism, the imbalance and the community perception. Why do you think they try to give the Alliance so much bite in BfA? Because they are aware of the situation and yet they still don’t act on it. Haven’t you read the 2018 Forbes interview?

You really don’t read interviews and lore spoilers often, don’t you? The Forsaken are trying to get a grasp on their situation for a better future and moving forward without Sylvanas.

If you would play both sides you actually would also get a grasp on the situation. Reducing everything the community faces to “whine” isn’t helping anyone here. Your obliviousness to the situation only reflects poorly on your overall statement and how team blue is the cause of all their (own) troubles. Truth is, it’s an actual developer problem, caused by them, with only the negative feedback loop being part of the community. And yes, it can be solved but they simply don’t want spend resources on it.

1 Like

I’m so triggered by the obvious truth…it’s so painful, i can’t take it no more.

But those few left, who are still competitive, how they do it without joining horde? I am asking myself this question since years ago, when all this “imbalance” drama started.
I tell you what is the issue: a few big guilds (Method for example) moved to horde and since then people have this “idea” that horde is better and that alliance is “neglected” by Blizzard. It’s only in your imagination, trust me. Sometimes i see butterflies in my room before i sleep…

What are you seeing doesn’t mean everyone seeing it.

But Facts are Facts and when you are taking about the big guild “Method”. Are you talking about the best guild ? When even the best go for the Horde faction doesn’t mean that Alliance have a problem? Or is the problem in our head only?

Just asking

Like i stated earlier even blizzard cant help if alliance attracts more Rpers ( example server argent dawn being so popular amongs alliance players ) and casuals who just levels characters instead of doing any endgame content. All of my alliance friends are Rpers and alt levelers none of them want to do endgame and highest M+ they have done is 10. I’m not saying you all are like that but theres alot of casuals on alliance and thats not something blizzard can fix.

The percentage of competitive players compared to casuals is bigger on the Horde side and the other way round on the Alliance side. It has always been like that. But the imbalance has never been as bad as it is right now. So something did change and I believe this change can be reversed.

personaly I again would not mind cross faction play or removal of factions, but this is not becuse of one faction dominating, but becuse having 2 factions, seems to be more and more generate hate towards eachother now, on theese forums you se it daily, in game you more notice it whit emots, like spit, and rude.

factions now for me doesnt realy work at all, becuse of this, and it feels for me if you even look at the colors that it is Democracy vs communism now. maby that is just me, and maby that is going over the top

In your own OPINION

you like spinning up fantasies about everything. Of how everything is stacked against alliance and how every blizzard employee is horde in heart and doesn’t give a damn about your faction.

Convincing you about what’s right would be harder than talking to a brick wall. So i pass.

You can keep on believing that somehow this can be fixed without breaking the balance entirely.

Solutions have been suggested plenty times. Read up. :kissing_heart:

Same for me horde could have 100% better racials and i would still not play there as i don’t find anything really that interesting on horde.

1 Like

“Endgame” content is and has always been boring for me never done any M+ because running against clock is my least favorite gaming style ever since C64 days.

When i started wow i played on horde side but i quickly changed factions because every dungeon was like a nosebleed challenge already back in BC/wotlk Alliance felt so much more relaxing and fun.

I don’t really care about faction balance because i don’t do anything higher than heroic dungeons and LFR but to me it is still weird how we are locked on factions when doing raids/dungeons when in almost every cinematic and lore moment we are supposed to work together.

You are getting more players, isn’t this a good thing?

Care about what? Some people crying bias at everything? I don’t. They gave you all this stuff, maybe it’s time to let it go then, huh? They have displayed the Alliance exclusive act of attention, what else do you want more? This is one of the reasons people regard you differently from the Horde, you know.

Yeah, so pretty much nothing, like I said. We get the “let’s see what happens” while the nelfs get assurances of future awesomeness probably to keep the forums from being flooded with their tears again. Again a clear difference in community reactions.

If you’d stop making baseless assumptions maybe you’d get a grasp on the situation cause I do play both sides. And yeah, I think there needs to be a major wakeup call for the Alliance community so they stop drinking the kool aid from whiny people who, often purposely misinform and shun them instead. Especially you who dismisses all the stuff that’s been given to the Alliance this expansion alone and continue to push your opinion over how unfair it all is.

That’s why I said earlier that this issue can only be solved by the community. You probably misunderstood what I meant, but let me put it this way then - if Blizzard has to get involved and wants to start fixing the communities instead of letting them fix themselves they should get rid of instigators and misinformers like you.

And theres nothing wrong with being casual not everyone likes doing raids and mythics, but this isnt blizzards fault or hordes fault that alliance gets more casual players. It’s just same minded people tend to go into same place and i guess horde side is more hardcore . Our racials dont need to get nerfed nor alliance needs to get more buffs or treats to attract more players.

Again, you don’t see the bigger picture here.

What exactly is “all the stuff” to you? Take your time with the reply, because your whole “discussion” will rise or fall with it.

Do I have to bring up the official statements from the past which infuriated the player base? You really pay no attention to what the developers write and how stories are presented, do you?

Because you’re asking for it: Bring your list and we will see how long you will last in such a discussion. You already have troubles understanding the repercussions of certain developer’s choices and how they impacted the community, so why do you believe you will get the high ground now?

Bring me your complete list and how “unfair” it is that one faction is favored in a new topic and I’ll come and dismantle you step by step. No “nice-nice” anymore, you have asked for it by calling me out and it’s time you’ll face some serious discussion once. Prepare yourself well. Like Brigante I’m no stranger to write several A4-pages on the whim.

I personally have advocated the solution of cross faction play but still keeping the factions intact, but thinking about this more I can see problems in this situation too. So in essence we are saying that using the lfg tools means you can group up to do any content and this would alleviate the problems Alliance currently face in having a smaller player base to do content with, but then aren’t we basically giving some Alliance players no choice but to pug in order to do certain content?

Even if you become a regular ‘pug’ for a specific guild (i.e. they invite you often to their guild runs) not being part of that guild would also mean you would not have the advantage of guild repairs, nor probably flasks/consumables that some guilds do provide. Also finding a ‘regular pug’ situation where you find a guild that has the same expectations as yourself e.g. Heroic or Mythic raiding, and you find this group fun to play with, in the end could this possibly lead to the Alliance player doing a transfer to Horde as they have found their ideal guild? So rather than addressing the problem, we are adding to it.

People have put forward the idea that Alliance racials be buffed to encourage ‘high end mythic guilds’ to transfer to Alliance, but if that happened and such transfers took place, how long before the situation is the same but in reverse, so Horde player base having the same problem as Alliance now faces? What then was achieved? If this was made a short term solution just to tempt over a portion of Horde players, how many do you believe would do this if it was say just for a 3 or 6 month period? Think of the costs involved in such transfers, we need to be realistic, not many would transfer for a short term buff.

Remove racials, again how will this fix the issue of getting more players on Alliance?

Then we have the ‘Devs favour the Horde’ and this caused the problem, so let’s for a moment say this is true (whether you agree it is the case or not). Past decisions/story lines that may have impacted on the community and preferences for Horde or Alliance are just that, past decisions that now cannot be undone. So we can have long debates on whether they did or didn’t favour a faction and what decisions they made, but that does not give us a solution to the current problems. Was it that Horde got Belfs so long ago that ‘turned the tide’ for when Horde was the less favoured faction? If so the fact that we see now similar options available on Alliance side for the ‘pretty elf’ do people think this will now encourage Horde players to switch to Alliance in any significant numbers? Or do people think Alliance now needs an awesome race added to make the faction a popular choice?

Remove faction barriers is another solution offered, but we have ‘faction pride’ and lots of players don’t want this blurring of the lines. So is this the solution or will it divide the player base even more than it is now?

Communities versus Guilds, do people think that maybe if Blizzard made changes to make cross faction communities/play would make a difference. So keep the factions but offer cross community play for those that wish to? Basically give a cross faction community all the same facilities as open to a guild and those that wish to can join such communities. Or do you think this would lead to a decline in guilds?

I have no new solution and I honestly am not sure if there is a solution, but what I am trying to say is that maybe we all need to be open to discuss ‘long term fixes’ rather than the quick fix. There are just so many variables that I wonder if there is any one overriding solution. The only thing I would say is that I doubt the players can fix the issue, all we can do is put forward ideas and hope the Devs take these on board.

2 Likes