Will Blizzard ever balance the factions?

It’ll probably trigger a lot of people
but truth be told, they are way more dominant in high m+ and in mythic raiding.which is why people are constantly switching to the horde side.

I don’t think i’ve seen any competitive PVE players in the alliance lately and as an alliance player it’s really frustrating.

Will blizzard do anything about it?

2 Likes

What you want them to do? force people to play alliance?

The only thing they could do to “fix” it, would be to remove factions all together.
Or well at least let both alliance and horde group together for dungeons/raids and guilds etc.

13 Likes

they can’t balance people, Horde just play better.

4 Likes

Doubt there’s much that can be done, most people I play with, myself included, are jumping ship in Shadowlands.
It’s way too dead on the blue side nowadays.

The alliance is great and they are completely ballanced.
The issue is not the ballance.
Its where the raiders are.

If you want high end content the horde has it because it was historically the best.
Sadly without making the alliance OP for 6 months there is no changing things.

Buff Alliance racials so they are better than Horde and then all the high end raiders and PVPers will switch to Alliance. A large chunk of the playerbase will follow.

7 Likes

Yeah … cause that 100% fix it, it does not at all just move the “problem” to the other side.

Also the only people who would change factions simple because of racials are likely only 1-2% of the playerbase.

5 Likes

The question is: does the player base that keeps switching sides wants balance ?

It’s a little hard to balance a game when part of the community only wants to play the “winning side”.

Which means the side that has more players, guilds, Mithic runs, raid runs and more victories in the Bgs.

Even if in the near future the Alliance becomes more balanced, that will be at the cost of people changing from Horde.

Cheers

1 Like

its a ripple effect.
Mythic raiders move for obvious reasons.
Wanna be raiders follow.
Those who want to progress to mythic cant because others left.
Heroics to mythic must move then also.

Or at least thats how the alliance lost just because of a few percent

It’s time for world of lovecraft, you can now join alliance or horde guild/groups regardless of your alliance.

2 Likes

i actually think this would solve a lot of problems in the game

Agree.
It’s not like we have ten millions of players, like in vanilla.

The time where communities could be separated by server is gone.

In face of dwindling numbers the solution is only increase the number of factions you can recruit from.

Unfortunately Blizzard isn’t exactly cooperating by keeping the factions. :frowning_face:

Cheers.

if you want to play competitively and have a rich mythic raiding guilds community, transfer to horde (or one of those couple specific alliance dominated servers).
If you’re doing HC raiding, the alliance is fine.

I don’t think blizz really cares about faction balance, what metric is it disrupting? BG queue timers? a secondary issue at best.

1 Like

I personally love the factions and would hate to see a Human in my horde guild, just like I would hate to see an Orc in my alliance guild. I personally don’t want the factions to be blurred in this way.

However, I would like to see cross faction play, so that you may group with members of each factions for content :slight_smile:

To me you can have cross faction play without losing any faction identity :slight_smile:

1 Like

Rework warmode and non-warmode. You can now toggle between warmode and non-warmode, but it was a 2 week CD.

Warmode gives the least played faction bonus rewards at outworld AND battlegrounds/arenas/rbgs

Non-warmode gives players in the least played faction 5% dmg/heal/hp in dungeon/raids/etc content.

Everyone will roll alliance untill they are balanced now. Mwahahahah!

1 Like

Every game that has a faction split ends with the same issue - one faction is chosen by the community to group up. In this case it’s Horde, and no.
Alliance actually have better racials currently for m+ and mostly raiding.

Regardless - unless factions will gonna change / switch with corresponding expansions then the problem gonna persist. Static faction split between horde / alliance and community flocking in one is just normal due to how long the split was static.

4 Likes

Honestly I don’t get this min/maxing, I prefer to play which I like best, even if the alliance will get buffed I won’t switch, I like the Horde and that’s it. But as others said, they just need to buff them somehow. I’m sure it will affect PvP in faster queue, since more players on each faction.

I honestly don’t mind with that. Most dungeons have the same exact stuff regardless of the faction you play, so would be nice to do for example Deadmines Or Dire Maul and other stuff with the Horde instead of the long wait. Language would be a problem, so it could be removed just for the dungeons so we can understand each other

1 Like

With the upcoming server merges Blizzard would have a chance to balance the realms, but to be honest it’s better if one faction is in the majority on a high population realm. The PvP argument to balancing is long gone since warmode places players on a “warmode on” shard away from their realm.

2 Likes

Wrong, plenty of other thimgs they can do. Start with removing mercenary mode.

4 Likes