Will Blizzard games come back to Geforce NOW?

I resubbed for WoW several days ago just because I tried it using Geforce NOW game streaming service, to which I also subscribed with the intention of playing WoW BfA. so I could check out all the stuff i missed after WoD. Geforce NOW allowed me to actually run the game and not have my laptop melt (my laptop has really bad specs and at the moment I really don’t have 50+ gb of space on it just for WoW). And now, like 5 days after the release, Blizz removed all their games from Geforce NOW and I feel like I completely wasted my subscription because there is no way of me running the game on my laptop without streaming it. I’m really disappointed and don’t see why were they even adding it to the service if they removed it the moment it became available worldwide. So yeah, that’s that, I don’t have anything to add, I’m just disappointed. Pressing F for the fallen brothers who also enjoyed playing blizzard games on Geforce NOW and let’s hope they’ll bring it back… and then remove them again, to scam us out for some more cash…

18 Likes

Did they removed Battle.net again, after Nvidia using their launcher name in official press materials?

In the earlier Beta Blizzard took down WoW (and other?) games from GFN and some people got banned for using it (against ToS). Recently games like WoW got re-added and during launch they used Battle.net in their press materials…

I’ve asked in like December in the support forums if the company changed their take on streaming as the game was re-added. Same during launch when Battle.net name was used - and still I don’t see any blue or official response to this… cool.

Also in cases of WoW such streaming had problems with addons support.

2 Likes

I have a similar situation: old laptop, suffering from BFA, you know. Yesterday I startad using GeForce and I had 120fps in game (normally with my potato PC I have like 15-20 max, so u can imagine). I was so happy! Finally, I can enjoy the game, experience things I was unable to do so far!
So, you can imagine how disapointed and sad I was this morning, when I realized Activision Blizzard just decided to remove Battle.net games from the GeForce services…I hope they will add them back…

10 Likes

I’m extremely disappointed in with this action taken by Blizzard. Hopefully we will see Blizzard games back to GFN asap.

All these GFN/Cloud Gaming has positive on your playerbase, so people like us can actually play the game even when we have limited budget to game on…

6 Likes

Me too. Are cheating software the only reason ? Could you negociate with nvidia to have your inquiring software running beside gforce now client ?

1 Like

So Activision removed their games from GFN because Nvidia refused to give them money.

It’s that simple, Activision wanted money from Nvidia to stream their games, Nvidia said lol f off and they did, pulling their games with them.

Now as I recall rumour is Google Stadia (omegalul) is happy to pay Activision, so you might see WoW there pretty soon.

1 Like

That would require a Linux/Vulkan port of their game client so they would have to a lot of work… although the cloud deal did not cover Stadia, at least officially.

And when I just renewed my 6month wow subscription… that’s what happens when money > customers… let’s see how quickly they process my refund.

4 Likes

So stupid, Blizz should realize how many more subs they’d get if we could stream WoW, and their other games aswell ofcourse. My old laptop is not happy when i run WoW so yeah… what evz. BlizzActi is what it is I guess…

2 Likes

There is nothing in the WoW TOS that states that you can’t play their game on a rental computer – WTF is going on here?
With GFN you basicly rent a computer…

But it’s also game streaming and they explicitly ruled out game streaming. Aside of financial and legal standpoint it could be used for account sharing and hiding some automation. Time will tell what they will do. It would be suspicious if that stated “misunderstanding” become permanent.

My take on this is that GFN went into release w/o confirming the inclusion of Acti-Blizz… and that’s why they bailed.

They had Blizzard games early beta, like WoW, then Blizzard banne some GFN WoW players and pulled WoW down, then before launch the games returned with no info, then GFN launched and then Blizzard pulled all down. If it’s unclear then it’s definitely money.

Publishers treat GFN as new publishing platform and want to force new sales. Even some indie game dev pulled back few days ago (and got hammered for greed). While on the other hand Stadia that does force new sales isn’t appealing to them as it requires an actual game port and the audience is really low plus they don’t trust Google to be running Stadia long term :smiley: (and there is very little Stadia players because little game released so typical chicken and the egg).

And XCloud will be there soon too. Plus lots of wannabies.

Apparently GFN’s business model is “no commercial agreements with publishers”, that bites them in the behind.

Should internet caffes also get such agreements? Or anyone that borrows PC hardware? GFN is pro consumer and anti-publisher in such context.

It is not even the same situation. But even so, if they actively promote their service with “we support Battle.net games”, then that would be the best idea yes. Esp if you are working in a grey area (for the end user).

And that is why the publishers back out, if they are big enough. Surprise.

Wouldn’t put it past some Accounting Departments looking at this and going. “This makes money but not as much if we launch our own streaming service instead.”

Wouldn’t put it past Activision really or other publishers right now.

1 Like

The point here is that publishers thought GFN was going to be another shop like Epic Store or Stadia so they could force us to buy again a game we already own. Activision again being a bunch of bastards and thieves. It has nothing to do with cheating.
Trying to steal more cash from us they’ll only shoot their own foot and start losing even more customers. I am so tired of them that next month is my last one. I’m not even coming back to try Shadowlands, and why play Overwatch when there’s a ton of similar games (many of them even better than OW).

1 Like

So what’s the difference between Blizzard stopping people playing on owned hardware and rented hardware? They’ve banned rented hardware at the expense of their paying customers. Are they going to ban purchased hardware next if the manufacturers of said hardware don’t pay them? And then the owners don’t pay them again for the game? And then the ISP? And then the mouse makers and monitor makers etc etc. This is the sort of stupid short sighted anti customer rubbish that puts me off playing blizzard games. You pay through the nose and they screw you over trying to leverage extra cash out of you.

Surely the point of Geforce Now is that people who can’t afford a gaming PC can then afford to spend money on Blizzard games, but the greed monsters are biting their customers in order to bite the hand that feeds them. Just wow!

Truth Blizzard ACTIVISION become a greedy. Thats why its my last subscription to them too. You should just stay on GeForce Now. See ya GreedActVision