Will people be going Fresh?

PvE=> PvP coming soon then.
But I cannot find ‘consolidation’ in pre-patch again.

My guess for Wrath Classic would be November - with the end of SoM.

My guess for wrath would be early september but I’m happy to be proven wrong. I’m going to be moving house and I don’t want to not be able to play the game as much as I want to on a new launch.

And my bet SoM will be completely dead at that point with it’s players eagerly abandoning it in favor of Wrath Fresh only to be disappointed 2-3 months later and buying transfer to progression Wrath realms anyway. So it doesn’t matter if SoM end will overlap after Wrath release a month or so.

I think the whole SoM idea should had been halted untill Wrath and Classic cycle end.

How many will quit after not having either a RP server or a Low Pop server as Aggrend speaks of here?

I cite the relevant paragraphs here:

If they really want to monitor why make a fixed list of realms that are going to be consolidated in advance? These community member sections of the forums are nice for talking between CMs and Forum Admins but I can’t see them going back on the list they communicated?

I didn’t spend 3 years on my character just to say “lol nevermind then”.

Anybody that thinks “fresh” means a decent economy and no bots simply doesn’t understand the game, at all.

5 Likes

I still hope against hope that they actually will do so this time around. I think that all the RP realms were included by accident because they just drew the line where realms were under a certain population and had had free transfer off, not realizing they “killed off” all 3 European RP realms.

How dead is SoM now? IF don’t even bring any new numbers any more.

I fear that the entirety of classic is doomed. Existing realms and new. As long as Blizzard does not do anything against boosting, RMT, GDKP and stuff, realms will take a turn for the worse.

4 Likes

Blizz should wait for wotlk classic to end, and then release fresh. No good reason releasing now.

Only person playing there can tell.

2 Likes

There are new players joining the game every day, excited for Wrath, and they have no option but to roll on the current servers.

Who is saying that? As far as the data indicates more people are leaving the game than joining it. Since march we lost around 40-50k players. Since october of last year around 100k. I don’t see any particular hype for wotlk except from those players who are already playing the game. I think people will start on fresh servers but it is again just a redistribution of older players wanting to start from scratch again (and then realising how tedious that is).

1 Like

My guild has 2 full raids of active raiders, 10+ bench and a couple dozen socials, hangers-on and assorted casuals.
When the news broke, exactly 3 people expresses mild interest in rolling there as a horde alt, maybe. None of them even showed any excitement, just “meh, I may make a horde there to try it out on off days”.

I personally have like a negative interest in it. The thought of levelling again from 0 with no profession mats, no gold, no hairlooms and without RDF makes me literally shudder with disgust.

If there will be a fresh server I’ll be there for sure. I come from a SoM server which i played on until they ruined it. I’m currently leveling some toons on TBC realms but i have nowhere near the amount of gold and other valuables than the rest of the people on the server. Should i have a chance to start playing on a server where everyone will start from scratch again, I’ll be there.

3 Likes

Changes in WoTLK, exp gained whilst having a lvl80 in the group is reduced massively.

They haven’t even done anything about that in retail.

Isn’t an issue. How people choose to distribute loot in their raids is ENTIRELY their choice. GDKP is only a problem when people buy gold, wouldn’t be a problem if Blizzard did something about gold sellers.

2 Likes

if you can transfer off a server then farming mats for gold on your main (assuming its not on firemaw) will be extremely easy since prices will be so low. transfers need to be locked both to and from the server

I give you my prediction: All the speedrunning guilds, that play classic wow, as if it was their job, most likely won’t go fresh, because they can’t compete for world firsts there as well, and they lose all their gold caps, that they collected from gdkps in tbc/vanilla.
I also noticed many guilds copying the decisions of the harcore players 1 to 1, which makes me believe, that most current bigger TBC guilds won’t go fresh. I think the main audience, that will go fresh, are new people, or just people, who are really behind right now in TBC, and if they are gonna keep playing wrath long term is the question.

Of course. Those guilds and players you talk of are heavily invested in their current servers and toons. There is no way they would justify going fresh. Fresh is not targeted at them. But I believe there is a large pool of players that yearn for a fresh start, and I do believe the fresh server will be populated and thrive.

1 Like

I won’t as I don’t have the time to level everything from scratch.
I could reexperience my 2008-2009, creating my horde characters.

The appeal is to play on servers where everyone is leveling. It doesn’t last very long, I’m sure there will be powerleveling communities, able to farm gold (dailies, BC heroics) by the end of the first week, so it won’t be like Classic Fresh. But still there should be plenty of players trying to level…
… unless virtually everybody wants to play their existing stuff first.

Of course the other appeal is the race to world first, or at least to beat a timer.

Unironically the first problem for people like me trying to repeat their 2007-2009 entry is actually the lack of established economy. I was able to buy 16 slot bags quite early due to being able to sell low level materials at a relatively high price.

I’m a bit worried what will happen if all players return willing to play their old characters.

I think, that they’re gonna be popular at the start, but most will quit, since the audience, that wants them, isn’t really that invested in classic currently, or have quit before and fell behind.

1 Like