Will Primal Nethers be soulbound?

Was just wondering, given that TBC Classic will be based on a modified patch 2.4.3, how will this affect Primal Nethers.

It’s been a few years, but as memory serves these things were always BOP, and either dropped from Heroic instance bosses /or/ were purchasable with badges.

But I think that 2.4.3 might have changed that, in that I have a hazy memory of the BOP tag being removed, allowing them to be freely tradeable.

2 Likes

Wowhead comments implies you could sell these on AH in 2.4.3.
Hard to say what they will do, but I think they should stay bop to allow crafters to make some extra money.

Primal Nether and Nether Vortex were BoP until patch 2.4. But I doubt they’ll be BoP in TBC Classic

They will be BOP. Classic started on the final patch but a tonne of stuff was unavailable (like even the keyring), it’s highly unlikely that they are going to stagger content and phases but then put in one of the biggest changes made in TBC to allow people to easily gear up.

You will need to farm heroics for Primal Nethers, most tanks will reserve the primals in Heroic, so if you want Nethers you will need to make your own groups or play with guilds/friends. Nether Vortex’s will have trash farms going on but they don’t drop in high numbers (common to only get 2-3 from a full raid clear), so if you don’t have a guild you’re pretty much screwed.

It’s gonna be the new ZG idols, with heavy gold bidding involved.
Almost makes me not want to play TBC at all.

1 Like

Black Lotus was BoE from day 1 on Classic, even if it had been BoP on Vanilla up until around BWL phase. Why is it different with Primals?

It’s kinda fun how the rest of your post is written in such a “matter-of-fact” tone as if it’s been actually confirmed by devs.

Primal Nethers drop from dungeons, so you’re free to make guild groups with rotating prio on primals.

As for Nether Vortex, they’re not rly any different from AQ idols or Naxx scraps - your guild will most likely collect them all and distribute them according to personal and guild objectives. I don’t see any “heavy gold bidding” involved unless you’re stuck with PuGs only (why would you be, anyway?)

1 Like

Not everyone can commit to a guild and the fact that there are non-stop gbid runs going on every day proves there are people that will still get hustled in TBC.

1 Like

Black Lotus is a completely different discussion to Nethers, it makes sense for them to be tradable. Nethers were made tradable at the end of the expansion as a catchup mechanic when the crafted items were already outdated.

They opened the floodgates with a bunch of changes to make life easier and get people playing before WOTLK launched. I seriously doubt blizzard is gonna go ahead with “Yes lets allow people to buy gold from botters and craft BIS items without having to enter a dungeon”.

But hey you believe what you want mr “matter-of-fact”

1 Like

While I have plenty of solidarity with tanks, given all the nonsense they have to endure, and the things they have to put up with, often with little thanks; tanks always reserving Primal Nethers isn’t something I can get behind. They need to go to the highest roller, as always.

Fortunately I don’t do PuGs, only guild runs, so I won’t have that issue.

I’m just saying how it will go, tanks will be in high demand and limited supply and tanks will regularly make groups on the conditions that the primal is reserved and people will join those groups, which enables it.

If you can’t commit to a guild then yeah maybe you really are better off not playing the game at all. I know this may sound weird for someone used to how the game is on Retail, with LFR and all, but Vanilla and TBC used to be the kind of game where, if you wanted to raid, you needed a guild basically. And even to this day, while the PuG scene improved significantly, your experience will be significantly better if you raid with a guild as opposed to being subjected to the whims of PuGs.

Then what about ZG enchants? They too were made much easier to craft at the end of Vanilla, and that’s the version we got in Classic from the getgo.

I mean, it’s just the market rule - if tanks are in short-enough supply that they can afford to reserve Primal Nether, they will. Simple as that.

1 Like

I disagree tanks usually are in the comfort spot. Its usually the healers that receive the short end of the stick.

Are you asking for personal loot?

I don’t know how you got that idea.

No I was asking for people in dungeons to roll fairly for loot.

Then it will be fair to go to the tank if it is reserved by the tank.

Or maybe let people play the way they want and not dictate how to spend their leisure time. The time for “my tribe is everything” mentality is long gone imo, but each to their own. As history told us “no changes” was a poor decision, and i really think, from the general tone of the TBC presentation from blizzconline, that this time they will mostly ignore that crowd and do their thing.

1 Like

Yes, if people are dumb enough to join 5-mans in which other players reserve loot for themselves then I guess so.

1 Like

They’re free to do w/e the heck they want. But when the person I was replying to says

then yeah, they might really be better off not playing at all if they can’t handle it and don’t want to deal with guilds.

Then enjoy the GDKP runs and don’t complain? I mean, it’s kinda hypocritical IMO to dismiss the option of playing with guilds and then complain about the state of PuGs.

If you don’t like the way PuGs are, make your own or join a guild. It’s really as simple as that.

1 Like

Hopefully they are bop to begin with.

That’s my thinking too. I think Primal Nethers will be BoE. But I guess we’ll see.