Will regular disconnects be fixed?

Never had this issue before this week!!.. Played fine on Thursday and since yesterday getting constant dcs over different characters, different servers. Both on wired and wifi! tried all the suggestions, flush, renew, vpn, fps settings and even went as far as a full reinstall and still happening! Other half is on the same network (wired) playing the same game with zero issues!! wow51900319 :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: any further advice would be much appreciated as only forked out for shadowlands the other week and would like actually be able to play it

Not sure if itā€™s me or battlenet , but everytime i turn on my pc and logging my character , exactly 5min i get a dc, then it goes without hiccups for more than an hour or 3 until the next random dc or the perma lag while you can chat/whisper,

Yeah its very inconsistent sometimes i go 8 hours without a DC other times i cant go 20min without a DC im afraid to do any type of content because i might get a DC during a encounter so i just do nothing but sit in stormwind and chat with people in tradechat while im disconnected

Issue with disconnects not fixed yet??? I even stopped playing and now after 2 weeks Iā€™m having the same issue.

1 Like

Update:
Finally no lags or disconnects.

Here is what I did:
Updated Bios
Updated motherboard drivers (Lan drivers, chipset)
Installed windows 10 update V2004

Did it really fix? my lan and chipset drivers are up to date but i havent installed 2004 yet

the problem is that i had a day or 2 with no dcā€™s and here i am back to square 1.

So far so good, no disconnects for me.

I also have no disconnects for about a week, and I did absolutely nothing.
Maybe itā€™s Blizzard fixing something, maybe not, they did not respond at all.

Adding my penny to this pot;

Ive had these disconnects for ages (I am on Virgin Media Wales, UK).

I use Windows 7 (and wait for itā€¦the win10 fans) with up-to-date drivers.

Usually when I hit a flight path it d/cā€™s me. Or when I drop to the background (even tho in iā€™m a BORDER-LESS window as FULL-SCREEN has been dropped by DirectX/Microsoft). Still Happens.

So I installed my spare pc and my main PC (intel 6700k and a Ryzen 7 3800x) with Windows 10 (2004). Still happened, with various triggers/causes). This is not a windows issue so much. Both PCs have a 1650 and a 1070 ti. So aint a grpahic issue and I put them at medium settings.

I will state, for the record, that when I have a D/C I can instantly, or near-instant, log back in with no effects, for sometime when iā€™m flying I do seem to dismount in mid-air and create a crater with my corpse.

From what I see of the generic error, its basically the server (or you) stop responding within a time-frame (30s?) then the client says, screw this and you, error).

Did notice in the SL-PTR, it happen more. Iā€™ve also noticed during this Downloading while playing, I think its the cache its creating/downloading. Because when I enter different ZONEs (or world servers) it does it for a while then stops. When I move world servers I sometimes have a little extra loading bar under the main which stays for maybe 10s then disappears and the main bar then either stops at 75% or completes, but I then D/C. When I log back in, (if i use a portal) im still at the SOURCE portal and never make it to the destination of said Source portal (Boralas->Stormwind).

Maybe this will help with people and blizzardā€™s diagnosis.

Just started playing Classic and i have these problems. I just cancelled the subscription cause i am not paying like 15 euros for something that wonā€™t work. Canā€™t raid or nothing with this problem.

That was a detailed analysis, thank you Silkmoon, the issue i am personally facing is inconcinnity, meaning somedays"in the past month" i might have instant dcā€™s 5-6 mins just after log-in and 1-5 hours later i get these prolonged lag while you chat but canā€™t interact with the world or just another instant dc.
rarely i get smooth and dc free days like yesterday, i will be playing through the whole night tonight and edit this post if i have dc and notice something different.

Edit:no dcā€™s so far.

disconnects are back this morningā€¦
WinMTR shows packet loss on:
ae-2-3204.edge7.Amsterdam1.Level3. net

I can confirm still having regular disconnects which makes the game unplayable as unable to attempt a lot of content. Ruins the immersion and gets me killed, so probably going to have to unsubscribe till this is fixed.

Iā€™ve submitted MTR report in separate thread: WoW Classic freezes, unable to interact or exit

Its been a month still having disconnects i tried using vpn since it uses different routes from my ISP and i still DC

Although i didnā€™t play in the past 2 days , now that i logged on , i am getting the permanent lag while i can chat/whisper in gameā€¦ basically dcā€™s are back while they were absent for the past week.
I was sceptical that the problem was from my end , but now iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s from blizzard EU servers end.

Edit:just 15min ago i had 2 dcā€™s, 1 instantly after changing my talent in stormwind , other when i accepted a pop up quest from anduin i had another instant dc.

Yeah exactly same i can still chat and whisper lets just hope its because of prepatch thing downloading,servers merging or possibly both and gonna be fine after prepatch hits :c