Will there still be no mage change?

Mage has been my main for a long time, since about wotlk, but in dragonflight I got to the point where I changed my main. I didn’t regret it at all, there are more classes that are much more fun to play with, they also perform better. Sometimes I get the urge and try the mage again, but it always quickly disappoints me. I also see that blizzard doesn’t care about mages at all. Since dragonflight launch, how many classes have received major reworks and talent changes? A lot except mages, just look at our talent trees,
I think they are quite flat and boring. So as much as I want to go back to mage, I really won’t until something changes, Am i the only one who finds the mage similarly flat in this expansion_?

1 Like

Its kinda lame and boring to play mage tbh, idc about logs, ofc i dont want to be useless, but id rather have all specs reworked

Your not the only one, we’ve become a meme class. I’ve rerolled spriest after years of maging, there’s less and less mages about atm

How its going as SP?

I havent tried it in the new dungeons, however it feels decent. Irs kinda hampered by mobility issues tho. U lose alot of dmg if mechanics force movement.

My brother says, new dungeons feel dog*** as a caster though. But he also doesnt like casters. So i dont know how much truth is in the statement. Or if the casters hes seeing just have terrible positioning.

I miss mind seer but the changes are ok. The dot management can be a pain. It also suffers from one of fire’s problems where the ST build is the same as the aoe rotation… and now that I think about it none of your talent options really change your rotation anymore.

Still, its nice to feel useful with strong damage and strong utility. Just feel like I’m being carried when I play the mage with guildies a lot of the time.

Yes, there are many problems with all specs i think. Arcane is good for raids maybe, but this ‘‘Must well executed’’ rotation dosent fit for m+, and m+ is my only goal these days. With fire, there are 2 problems for me, first one is the current aoe, only ignire spred? Its boring, the other one is the SKB+Pyroclasm proc management, sometimes its just annoying. And the frost… It could be more fun, but we have only one viable build now, i would like to press more buttons, like coment storm whiteout sacrefice the current go to stuff. And the last problem for me is about all 3 specs, is ROP, its just annoying, mage could be the most mobile caster but blizzard thinks its more fun to chain us to a stupid rune? I dont think so, i always hated this spell.

1 Like

just check class/spec rappresentation, specially in pvp

mage is last in almsot every bracket.
i wonder why.

Blue post just went up regarding Reworking Mage.

Looks pretty positive tbh :smiley: its Late, but atleast its happening.

1 Like

meh
aoe barrier (blazing, ice, prismatic), im sorry, kinda useless
mass invi moved from pvp talent to normal three?
you can cast while in iceblock with a talent, but it doesn’t make you immune to spells and dmg, it becomes a dmg reduction aka kinda useless again

nothing rly giving me good vibes so far

the threes being reworked aa little ye, its decent, barrage, flamestrike cautherize etc becomeing baseline is good, but unless i see some new talents that changes stuff, even if i could get all the talents in my three i wouldn’t rly be oberjoyed right now.

I thought talent restructure was on the list?.

Only thr announcement ur gonna habe to wait til we start seeing it all uploaded into ptr before we see further

Its not bad i think. Mass barriers/invi is good, u can give more utilities to your team, its always good on m+. For me, the fact that ROP will taken out is reason enough to return to mage. I hate ROP, it was our mobility potent killer stuff. 15% flat damage+ Incanter’s Flow is better anyways i guess, maybe not for arcane but honestly i dont give a **** about arcane, its a mame spec right now anyways.

yeah… but those are rly not game changers, we already had mass invi, there is a reason not many picks it, mass barrier is still another utility, mage just doesn’t have the dps nowdays (in pvp) to stay competitive in teamfights, last season mage was actually strong in teamfight was BFA season 4 (masterful corruption ignite spread), during cataclysm mist of pandaria etc, mage could actually end bg and be top damage, because it was a pure dps class, nowdays its extremely rare to see mage up there, unless you play frost, and unless your team is doing so well that you can free cast the entire match, and even then dh and boomie might close with double your damage done

when you take out the factor that sheep/db ring are often useless in bg and people just aoe constantly and play around raw damage, mage always falls behind, and its no wonder its currently one if not the least player class in the game in pvp

I don’t know why everyone is hyped for the changes. No gameplay changes. Mage has design flaws that makes the specs garbage. Tuning spells 5-10% here and there is not going to save it. It can be top dps the gameplay is still bad.

We don’t know what the changes are yet, they’ve been purposely vague. It looks like they are trying to act on community feedback though, hopefully they can fix the trees and give us some different builds. Still 10.5 is a long way away.

You are so right, after 15 years playing mage, im gonna reroll too or leave the game!

Even after recent buffs mage is nothing special , im switching to Pal, nice damage, great survivability, much better pvp spec.

Looking forward to the changes but I’d still like the class regardless. I you prefer playing other classes play other classes. I like this class. Otherwise I’d play a different class. Is easy no?

1 Like

I’ve been playing spriest for a while because I’m really not enjoying the mage. Plan is to get a +8 or higher every week on the mage then come 10.5 I’ll have a load of upgradable gear and some working specs.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.