Will we be able to do anything during Pre-Patch?

So if the game is tuned for corruptions, essences and traits.
Corruptions bring about half of the DPS.

And all of this is going away during Pre Patch, will all of the 8.3 content then be virtually unplayable or will Blizz nerf the content to adjust for these losses?

I’m not sure what the precident is for this.

We will also have a level squish and everything will be adjusted accordingly.

There will be teething problems, there always are, but they are usually quick to deploy fixes.

Prepatch is a chance to get used to your new talents and playstyle before being unleashed into the new expansion.

3 Likes

Historically they over compensate for the loss of power. So if they repeat this they will tune current content to be trivial.

For consistency they’ll forget legacy stuff and it will turn out harder!

1 Like

I copied Ht over to the PTR the other day… put all my new spells onto my bars… welcome back Hammer of Wrath, welcome back Auras, you’re my old friends.

Anyway, I ran into Elwynn and up to a bear and he ate my legs off before I could even get my sword out of its invisible scabbard!

Then I woke up and realised it was all a dream. I was a legless dwarf, but only in the best sense.

I doubt they’ll get everything absolutely spot on at first and there’ll be some time to adjust to your new powers or lack thereof, but I doubt bears in Elwynn will be regularly eating dwarves. :fearful:

1 Like

I have also heard that historically when prepatch goes live the raiding gets much easier.

True, but we have also never had a system as powerful as corruption that will suddenly be disabled.

Overall I think most players will see content get easier and their DPS to improve (in contrast to pre-prepatch). But players who are “BIS” corrupted with full stat gains & TD’s etc etc will definitely see a loss.

The beauty of pre-patch is nobody really cares about numbers anymore.

This is quite an interesting read…

Some of Alpha felt very hard going and new characters on beta on pala. When we finally got character copy to level it felt a bit better. Corruption goes in prepatch and we lose access to Azerite traits and Essences in the Shadowlands.

Things will hopefully improve with covenants, soulbinds and gearing in the new expansion.

1 Like

I don’t play ret, but I feel for ya! I’m sure one day they’ll make you the kings of the world and I won’t have to pick a DH over a ret every time.

1 Like

It would last all of a week then they’d nerf something.

It is still the class I enjoy playing the most and have the most of. If I don’t like Ret at all I stop playing and go on a break :smile:

PvP? Corruptions was a big issue, with them gone maybe they’d be feasible again! :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.