Windfury + Weapon buffs

Hey
I was wondering if windfury still doesnt apply if you have temporary buffs on your weapon, like back in tbc/wotlk.

As a Shaman, each of your weapons can simultaneously have:

• An enchantment (“Sophic Writ”)
  • A temporary buff (Windfury, Flametongue, Earthliving, some sharpening stone)

Because the temporary buffs are mutually exclusive, we just go with Windfury / Flametongue and ignore sharpening stones.

what about wf weapon and wf totem? according to some info floating the web, wf totem doesnt stack with poison (rogues) , is that also the case for wf weapon?

Windfury Weapon, Sharpening Stones, and other timed weapon buffs are mutually exclusive. Using one will replace the other.

Windfury Totem is a buff on your bar, not a buff on your weapon. It just gives your main-hand auto-attacks a 20% chance to hit once more, potentially triggering extra on-hit effects, like poisons or weapon embellishments.

I don’t believe WFT replaces or is negated by any weapon temporary buffs you might have, like poisons.

2 Likes

That was my assumption as well. The misinformation online made me unsure, but yeah would be stupid having wf weapon conflict with wf totem.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.