Windows Key not working

Hi! My problem is, that when i start to play wow, immediately when the application (Wow, not the battlenet app) begins, i cant press the Windows Key (next to ALT) anymore, and because of that, i cant go to the Start menu, just with ATL+Tab combination.

Sometimes, even my Enter button on the right side, and the arrow buttons arent working. :anguished:

In other games (not developed by Blizzard), they are working perfectly.

I would suggest going there: ESC -> Key Bindings -> Defaults, after that check if problem persists. If yes it may be caused by addons, overlay application or display mode (maybe).

Some keyboards and/or their software have a “Game Mode” which automatically turns off the Windows Key to stop exactly what you’re trying to do happening accidentally while playing.

5 Likes

Thank you

you solved the riddle for me

playing on HyperX alloy fps rgb

I had the same frustrating problem. You need to do two things. 1. go to start>settingd>gaming>gaming mode>now swith it off. This should work. I have HP computer I had to also do the second thing, 2. Press control+shift+esc altogether, you are now into taskbar, scroll down to HP.Omen.SystemOptimizer>hit hit right key on your mouse, then hit end task. This worked for me, watch this HP asking you permission, deny it. Hope this helps. I am on windows11.

1 Like

A 3 year necro of a thread that was already a 5 month necro. Well done, thats actually the biggest necro I’ve seen so far.

A blue will be along shortly to close this thread down properly.

In the meantime, it would be best if you started a new thread for your issue.

I saw a four year one yesterday :wink: