With Warbands, it'll be easier than ever to create unique alts

The entire account gets all the benefits. The 4 characters is strictly a visual thing.

1 Like

Are you going to level purely by gathering? :dracthyr_uwahh_animated:

Not sure, haha. It depends what I end up enjoying in TWW, and how quick it is. I might do quests on alts but at a very casual pace, not engaging too much with the main story. Or I might end up just goofing around, picking herbs or fighting battle pets.

My point is just that anything is possible. :slight_smile:

It certainly gets rid of my dread of doing the new content for the 4th time in a row and burning out very quickly.

No, but they don’t appear on your map for Alts if they’ve been done by your main.
Also anything they unlock should be account wide too.

I see I’m going to have to edit that post.

I didn’t max out any of the DF reputations. I just couldn’t. This expansion’s grinding was the worst in entire WoW history. But I did do many quests on multiple alts during leveling up.

Even completing the initial storyline. I hope that this fragmented progress will be added to each other because I’ve calulated that if it would be done so then suddenly I would reach nax rep with every faction in DF.

It won’t bundle together and add up if that is what you meant. Only the highest renown on a character will be used.

So if you have 19/25 Dragonscale Renown on someone and below that on everyone else, now everyone has 19 renown.

I am sure I read somewhere there is going to be a rep buff at some point with something though… totally useful information, I know.

Like what?

I don’t think I’ve seen a single grind. Maybe Niffen renowned was a bit slow, but I see no real grinds lol. The other reps were pretty fast. You just had to play the game.

If we want to talk about grindy reps though, TBC might be what you’re looking to complain about :smiley:

1 Like

I think it’s fair to say the Cobalt Assembly thing is grindy. I haven’t been able to get anywhere with that one, and I haven’t even bothered with the Furbolg one. They added quite a few of the “friendship” reputations as well, for example the one with Soridormi or whatever her name is. I can’t imagine catching up with that one today would be a lot of fun.

1 Like

Why did this not even cross my mind. Okay, that’s fair enough

I did all the side quests on Gram, primarily to get the reps.
I would have prefered to do the side quests on alts but we needed the reps.

So Warbands will allow for more varied leveling as the reps are account wide. At least I think this is how it will work.

My lord, Thrall looks cool there.

Quests may be marked like that but they still award XP and each character will remain locked behind certain progress until they complete the quest themselves. That is at least the last thing I heard from an interview.

You’re getting the full MVP treatment there. I end up having to do that :smile:

1 Like