With Warbands, it'll be easier than ever to create unique alts

Because Warbands means progress is shared, in terms of quests and reputation, across characters on your account, there’s nothing you strictly have to do, as far as I know, on your alts.

You could for example play a pacifist Druid who does nothing but pick herbs, fish, cook food, and hide away from danger when the time comes. The UI you use could reflect this, with fewer buttons and a thematically cohesive style. Just “adventurer” abilities, as it were.

I love this fact.

4 Likes

They’re also making achievements with having alts in mind in TWW, which I’m really looking forward to. Finally it’s an altoholics time to shine!

1 Like

Quests are not shared.

True. Maybe they meant achievement progress

Yeah they are. Completed quests are flagged with a different quest marker icon, so you know it’s “done” but optional to do again.

1 Like

Really? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Where is this? You have played alpha or have a screenie from somewhere?

Edit: I have re-read the quest reward section of the warband preview. That’s… an interesting thing. I’m glad I can still do it again on alts, though. It would be very weird not to and I have no idea how I’d level.

(1) TirrinWoW on X: “Huge UI update for questing on The War Within alpha - all quests you’ve already completed on alts will display with a clear quest marker and a notification that your Warband has already done it! https://t.co/WkSloiHWAs” / X (twitter.com)

Here’s a screenshot showing what the icon will look like to reflect that you’ve already done it on another character.

Other sources also say that you’re only given rep the first time you do it, and other currencies on consecutive completions with alts.

So what it amounts to, unless there’s some other hard barrier I’m not thinking of, is that your alts will be able to play the game more freely without too many “demands” placed on them. Just goof around and do what you like to do.

1 Like

Ah it’s kind of washed out. Thanks for the information, I stand corrected.

I think you could always goof around on alts but I suppose now nothing is locked to you and it eliminates the skip option.

If they brought back archaeology it would be much more interesting for me to level an Earthern who just mined and dug his way to 80, doesn’t make much sense for them to do the quests.

In fact, this is kind of brilliant. I now will have one character who does all the things and is the champion and the rest are just my followers. Headcanon galore!

Question is Warbands an afk gearing system ?

Like i’m playing on my main , my alts quietly getting loot , gold , mats in the background ?

Like If I’m at work can I have 4 toons playing for me. Whilst i’m working or have I misinterpreted the concept ?

No. Your main will get gear that is account bound and can be put in the new warband bank for an alt to wear, as well as gold and mats, but they do not go off on their own to do things.

the OCD in me wants all my characters to be the same Race

like all Dwarfs… but i play Evoker so thats super annoying me

euuugghhh…

Yeah, I’m thinking along the same lines.

Even better. That’s bloody amazing

And if Blizzard ever messes with your main and you want to try playing something else, all you need to do is gear. :face_holding_back_tears:

Yeah, and odds are that you’ve already collected some cool Warbound gear just sitting in your bank, waiting to be used by the right alt when the time comes.

How many warbands can you have?

Your entire account, including all realms in a region, will be one “Warband”. It’s just an umbrella term to mean your account, basically.

Then you can select (not sure if it’s automatic or a manual toggle) 4 characters that are displayed around a campfire on the login screen.

My poor alts, I do every single quest on my main. Everything is going to be greyed out for them :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

1 Like

That’s nice. Will only the 4 main alts get all the benefits or the whole account?

Warband is just the name for the account wide system.

1 Like

My alts will love it.

My Paladin will complete the story and do all the progression.

My Druid will log in, unencumbered by quest markers left and right like in Valdrakken, and simply fly around to collect herbs, craft some potions, and maybe do the occasional endgame content if there’s anything I’d like to try with this particular character.

My Hunter will log in similarly and probably focus on other professions, as well as maybe farming old instances for transmog.