WoD wasn't so bad after all

I mean… we did have better class design, more class specific rewards, many more pvp rewards, alt friendliness, vendors and much more in WoD…

I’m not saying that WoD was good in any way, but still… BfA makes WoD actually look like a solid expansion.

That’s coming from someone who quit in WoD

51 Likes

Well it can’t be worse than WoD since I’m seeing people actively log on each day whilst in WoD there was nothing to log into.

At least now we have M+, AP, Islands and whatever to fill the gaps between raiding (for those who raid) and stuff for casuals to do in all areas.

WoD just had you do raiding and that’s about it.

7 Likes

WoD was a mediocre WoW expansion. What came after it is a tablet game…

13 Likes

I loved WoD. It just had no content for a year or two so I played something else.

5 Likes

The two main things I liked about WoD were the garrison (or more specifically: that my characters had a home of their own) and that you could reasonably “finish” a character and then just play alts or hop on a couple times a week to raid.

6 Likes

I’d rather say that about Cata, it did more then people realize.

4 Likes

I enjoyed the raids and the levelling in WoD. I even liked the garrisons once they were useable. There were other aspects of the expansion I didn’t like.

2 Likes

I have to agree on this.

Cataclysm got me into PvP and gave a real challenge when in heroics. We didn’t M+, back then. Heroic meant heroic and as a Holy Priest main, back then, I was kept on my toes. No room for screw ups.

While BFA is not as good as legion in any way, WoD was far worse. There was literally no reason to log into wow with WoD.

Currently m+ is what’s keeping me going, also as a ROGUE: warmode has been the best thing ever implemented as we have prey to stalk now.

Well cata was a sick expansion so no doubts about that

1 Like

Bfa really is a solid expansion for me, i played every expansion and only took a break during wod and bfa is in my top 3 most enjoyed already. Only wotlk and Legion are higher than bfa.

2 Likes

WoD was awful. Everything about it was just meh! The most fun thing I found to do in that expansion was spawn camp void talon for months and that was boring as all hell but still more fun that anything else the expansion had to offer.

Orcs everywhere, ugly everywhere, ugly recoloured mounts, ugly zones, ugly transmogs. I was glad when it ended and I much prefer BFA to that expansion any day.

4 Likes

I think this is incorrect. I don’t think WOD was great by any means but I still managed to have fun and only a couple of breaks. I can’t really find any good reasons to log into BFA, certainly not to grind AP, raiding is no longer worth doing and M+ is a no go for me now. Ranged classes especially feel very clunky and PVP has never been worse.

So yeah, if you enjoy useless, futile grinding then I expect BFA will float your boat but for me it defines wow’s lowest point thus far.

7 Likes

Bfa is significantly better than wod, and better than cata

Nooooope,.

1 Like

Can’t say I was a fan of WoD. I quit just before Blackrock Foundry and didn’t come back until Tanaan Jungle and Hellfire Citadel came out.

There was just nothing to do.

Went through the leveling, did the Garrison, farmed the reputations, and squeezed all the enjoyment out of Ashran I could.

And then I was done.

There was nothing to do in that expansion.

In BfA I feel like I have activities I can do all the time. Just take today. Island Expeditions. Warfront. World Quest Emissary. Faction Assault. LFR Wing. Mythic+ Dungeon.

Vendors and class design and rewards don’t mean a thing if you don’t have any worthwhile gameplay content. Then you just end up AFKing in your garrison, and then none of it really matters.

WoD was by far the worst expansion for me. Didn’t like the Orc theme. Didn’t like the story (Draenor is free! ). Didn’t like the lack of patch content. Didn’t like the absence of meaningful gameplay activities (raid or die!). Didn’t like the music. Didn’t like the zones. Didn’t like the attempted nostalgic trip (Remember this from old Nagrand? Remember this from old Shadowmoon Valley? Remember…YES I FRIGGIN’ REMEMBER IT, OKAY?!). Didn’t like the raids. Didn’t like all the grinds.
It was crap. A decent expansion by MMORPG standards, but not decent by Blizzard’s standards (probably why Blizzard stopped its development after patch 6.2 and forgot about it and moved on to Legion).

4 Likes

WoD was amazing

2 Likes

That is my opinion. Cata managed to hold my attention for about 2 months before I quit, and that was the first time since I started playing in 2005, that I quit.

Still playing bfa 6 months after release.

Nope, nothing can beat WoD even if blizz tried to make a worse expansion, that expansion was a masterpiece in Bad.

5 Likes

What i hate nowadays is that during leveling for each new expansion there is nothing to anticipate for such as new abilities or talents, and see their spell animation.

Mostly leveling abilities, at least WoD gave some passive extra effects to some of your skills which felt nice. Now? Stagnant as hell.

Legion didn’t have anything but at least your artifact was granting you either something passive or active skills.

But yeah, i still prefer the old way, to gain new abilities through leveling, like Cata introduced some and i think maybe MoP? I don’t remember much about MoP granting new abilities through leveling (?) but either way, class wise, it was very good.

5 Likes