Word of Glory, Ret Design and PvP

Greetings!

As a Ret, spending 3 holy power to see my health bar not change is very upsetting when enemy Shadow Priests do around 50% of a healer’s healing in a match.

Frequent tuning by developers gave me hope but current state of balance, again, completely ignores some specs.

Retribution has (relatively) a lot of design issues (in my opinion, no offense) and if they aren’t gonna be solved, we need Word of Glory button do actually do something.

I’m not gonna complain about mobility as I understand that not all specs should be mobile, uniqueness is important. This is not sarcasm.

Why is Ret toolkit outdated?

Sacrifice - No one focuses anyone but Ret so its useless.

Sanctuary - Good teams cross-CC and there are so many mandatory-ish PvP talents that this feels not so great. (Freedom/Reckoning is almost a must, without Lawbringer we do sad damage)

Freedom - A lot of characters don’t care much about roots/have their own root dispell, while its still good its not gamechanging.

WoG & LoH - Could be good on paper but due to everyone having a MS effect plus insane dampening, they rarely and barely heal. While DH/Fury passively outheal us 2x. If we were tanky (as it is a global class fantasy for Paladins) it would be meaningful because we’d heal other people, but no one focuses them when we are dying in 2 seconds.

BoP - Most classes mostly do magic damage now, its doing so little apart from dispelling Karma and it is purged before you know it… A lot of classes have magic dispell, more than you’d expect.

Spellwarding - Oh wait…

Cleanse Toxin - Everything except Devouring Plague gets re-applied instantly. What’s the point?

Turn Evil - Cast time makes this ability very clunky. Besides, what will you fear when there are 15 demons and 20 undeads causing mayhem.

Hand of Hindrance - Dispellable slow with 30 seconds cooldown… Our only slow apart from Consecration…

Consecration - A very low hitting, easy-to-step-away zone that breaks CCs… Why are we forced to press this button when it doesn’t even feel like enemy is losing health to it?

In the end, our toolkit/utility design seems outdated and no longer desired in PvP (and also PvE as far as I know) and we are desperate for changes. The only thing made Ret viable on SL was decent off-heals and damage.

If nothing is done about this, passionate Ret players like myself will feel forced to reroll to something like Fury/DH/whatever to be more successful in PvP and spec diversity will (again) die out.

4 Likes

Hello,

I think sacrifice is great. It’s less useful when we are the kill target but that’s ok. I think the problem is ret being the kill target in most situations, but i don’t think sacrifice should change.

Agree on this. This feels too mandotary to be a PvP talent.

Freedom is good if we take pvp talent. I think the undispellablity should be baseline.

This is more on DH/Fury being broken imo. They shouldn’t heal that much.

Physical immunity is a nice tool but to me cooldown is outdated. 5 minute cd is the same as classic. I’d be ok with a shorter duration if it meant shorter cooldown. Something like 6 seconds duration and 3 minute cooldown maybe.

I was really bummed about this. But considering raids, it was the right thing to do. In PvP and mythic+ it would have been fine but being able to stack multiple Spellwarding in raids would have been hard to balance.

Agree on this. This either needs to provide a few seconds of immunity or give a bonus when cleansing (heal or stats buff). Use cleanse and before the GCD is over everything is reapplied. I just wasted 1.5 second doing nothing.

I don’t know how this made to live version. We already have a cc with a cast and it also works on players. The last thing i’m gonna do is risk being locked out of my only spell school fearing a pet.

Agreed. Cooldown should be 10 seconds.

I don’t understand why blizzard made so many consecration related talents. It still feels bad to use. Consecration should have stayed as just a filler abillity.

I understand someone has to have the worst mobility but it doesn’t have to be this bad. Why is steed on GCD?

1 Like

Sacrifice (and Recompense) is cool and useful. Except there is no reason to attack anyone but the Ret.

Is there any concept/lore in Warcraft or non-Warcraft fantasy universes where Plate-armored Holy Knights are easy to kill? If we were harder to kill, the entire kit would be more meaningful as we protect our friends with Sacrifice and so on…

And the healing I’m talking about is not specific to DH/Fury… Almost every class outheal us without an effort and we are spending tons of resources/globals to do less than half of their healing.

2 Likes

The problem blizz sees with WOG is if you give rets really good wogs, they will offheal people and then dampening goes too high

simple solution would be to make WOG heal the Paladin for 100% more in PVP and keep the highly nerfed version when used as an off heal.

Rets are already the softest target to hit, our offheals dont even come in play as we are the main target to begin with. Like the guy above mentioned with Sacrifice, what use is it if we are the main target?

WoG already heals for 40% less in pvp, healing hands nerfed by another 50% bringing WoG up to ±0 from its original heal almost but only when at low health. We play with a constant MS debuff on us, then add the real MS debuff… fun times.

3 Likes

I have 4 epics (2 infurious from crafting, 1 from conquest and 1 from trophy thing) and my WoG heals for 30k unbuffed. 50k when I’m at 10% hp.

This is not considering MS that Feral/Havoc/Warrior/Rogue/Demo/Hunter/Windwalker brings (there is always 1 every match) and when you combine with dampening the button is completely garbage.

It is literally not worth pressing. I hope some people from Blizzard is reading these topics.

2 Likes

Same problem as Enhance shaman, survivability and mobility are just too crap for the current game design.

For starters those numbers dont add up. 30k undbuffed increased by 50% from healing hands is 45k.

The tooltip while in BGs state that WoG should heal for near 42k as it shows the healing it does at ilvl 411 in my case but the healing i actually get is 30k, same as yours.

So with Healing hands talent in pvp at 10% health you only get 3k more healing then what you would actually get if WoG wasent nerfed in the first place. At higher health you get even less! That doesnt feel like a perma MS debuff while doing pvp?

Health at ilvl 411 is 328k… 45k is not even 14% of max health and 30k is bordering 9%! Now take the real ms debuff ontop of that!

Edit: If nothing was nerfed in pvp, healing hands would do 84k healing when at low health. If only healing hands was nerfed it would do 67.5k… this seems far more reasonable!

Honestly, just reroll. There has been somuch high quality feedback from players, nothing. Blizzard doest like palas and espc RETs.

1 Like

i dont think they change something. i saw this retarded changed for dh. it should be nerf? really? dh tank dont need heal in lvl 9 m+. wtf is this? and i can faceroll 1 target in bg with 3-4 buttons. pfff… and as dh i have ZERO downtime while farming and just deal damage… and as dh i can pull 10 mobs and cc + kill them with sick aoe. and its trash dh with ilvl 340 pvp set.

ret need HUGE buff and should get juge heal by default like OP DPS classes right now…

They just announced 10.0.5 with huge changes to Warrior etc. but 0 change for Ret… 0.

2 Likes

I tried to reroll. I just keep coming back…

Blizz adding Spellwarding and then removing it was the biggest punch in the gut

2 Likes

this games trash bro shield of vengeance last all of a second, word of glory heals nothing and costs 3 holy power and yet its probably the most spammed ability by ret players coz we die too fast and its just wasteful 3 holy power for zero gains and as for zero healing justicar’s vengeance does nothing as well and yet costs 3 holy power i love the fact warriors have victory that heals more.
Damage tweaks is all we got when we are all crying for survivability and mobility this games developer doesn’t care anymore only time they did was before activision.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.