Worgen Blood Magic AU Headcanon

Hi everyone,
I’m new to role-play, but I love creating AU content. I decided to give it a shot with this Hemomancer Worgen character. I wanted to establish an affiliation with Life Magic and the Harvest Witches and created a blood/love magic school called Red Magic, inspired by Wiccan beliefs and an old-fashioned magical theme. What do you think? Can I rock it?

For very red reasons I’m playing a blood death knight, also makes sense to me as is in opposition to Life Magic but at the same time connected with it because of the Life and Death Cycle.

RED MAGIC
A Compendium of Gilnean Blood Witchcraft

Once, it was certainly the most widespread form of magic, the Old Ways, thriving in small villages and among those still bound to folk traditions. Those too poor were rarely adopted by the gypsy magicians who occasionally visited the villages, replacing witchcraft with their pompous spells. Proud of their spells and fireballs, they were entirely alien to the primordial essence of magic. Popular witchcraft is primarily composed of oral traditions, passed down from midwives in various villages to grandchildren eager for knowledge, mainly based on apotropaic invocations and homemade rituals. Folk magic operates on small everyday benefits or the pettiest personal vendettas, fueling the wheel of Misfortune and the evil eye on the unsuspecting victim of the jinx. Some are capable of influencing free will with love potions and filters, ready to exact their revenge by playing on emotions, illustrating the vast horizons of folk magic. Among these traditions emerged the “Red Way” or “Red Magic,” a mystical path that harnessed the potent energies of blood, passion, and emotion.

Beyond its literal color association, Red Magic symbolized the essence of life flowing through one’s veins. Practitioners immersed themselves in ritualistic practices, using red elements like candles, crystals, potions, and various sources of blood. Through carefully orchestrated blood rituals and precise incantations, they sought communion with ancestors and tapped into the primal forces of life.

In the modern era, the rediscovery of this ancient Red Magic remains veiled in secrecy and mistrust among the common folk. Those who wield this power, known as Red Witches, operate discreetly, drawing upon the life force within and the feral nature of the Worgen curse. Red Witches, who are formidable sorcerers, manipulate blood and emotions, shaping and binding these forces through intricate incantations. Despite their remarkable abilities, the practice of Red Magic faces skepticism and fear from the populace, compelling Red Witches to safeguard their ancient traditions in the shadows.

As guardians of the ancient witchcraft heritage, Red Witches ensure that their power maintains balance, preventing it from tipping towards darkness. They see themselves as protectors of the delicate equilibrium among the primal forces of life, blood, and emotion, recognizing the inherent potential for imbalance within their craft.

The Path of Apple

The Path of Apple, an ancient form of folk sorcery, commands the Senses, Passions, and Sex, using the body as a source to shape and project energy. When employed, it releases powerful forces capable of altering the negative course of events. Mostly known as Love Magic, this practice weaves desires and passions to shape the energies that flow through the human experience. A form of folk magic, accessible yet potent, capable of commanding emotions and shaping relationships.

The Path of Roses

The Path of Roses, Blood magic, a forbidden realm for Red Witch disciples, is a tormented facet of Life magic. The essence within blood, whether in the living or undead, holds potent power. Even the tainted ichor of undeath fuels spells. Disciples embark on a personal journey, seeking mastery in this eternal struggle. Different blood types possess distinct properties, demanding precise combinations for specific spells. In the delicate dance of life forces, the Red Witch navigates blood’s complexities to wield magical prowess effectively, shaping the blood itself into whatever form they desire.

The Path of Ashes

Path of Ashes—a forbidden sect within the tapestry of Red Magic. This sinister discipline reveals the art of resurrecting life, a nefarious act that wrenches souls from death’s grip to craft emotionless servants from hollow vessels. In the early chapters of necromancy, practitioners stumble through clumsy invocations, summoning inept entities decaying with the relentless march of time. A deceptive gambit that wearies those daring to delve into the black arts. Among the adept, the Path of Ashes fixates on reanimating the undead, commencing this unholy endeavor with the most commonplace of raw materials: corpses. Thus is scribed the dark dance between life and death, whispered within the forbidden Path of Ashes—a realm where the macabre and mystical converge.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.