Worgen Druids make no sense

Okay so hear me out. Lore-wise, Worgens are human/worgen hybrids created by some experiments performed by some mage, so that tells us that Worgens aren’t necessarily druids. Now, my problem is, why do Worgen druids turn into cats and bears?
It would make so much more sense if the Worgen cat form was the Worgen form, maybe made slightly different to seem more feral and what not. Bear form could be them turning into a big wolf, a normal, 4 legged wolf just big, or something.
It makes no sense that these Worgen would transform into other animals to go into feral druid form, instead of using that druid form they already posses.
I don’t know, I can’t even tell that I’m playing a Worgen when I play as a druid because I never see the Worgen form. What do you think?

2 Likes

Because its there as a race, same way you wont see a tauren remain a tauren when he/she goes into bear form.

3 Likes

Yo dawg, I heard you like shapeshifting so we put the Druid into Worgen so you can shapeshift while shapeshifted.

5 Likes

i thought i got mind ducked by op but your post is mind rape.:exploding_head:

I beg to differ, my mind flaying is entirely consensual.

1 Like

But is a Worgen shapeshifted when human or when worgen?

:thinking:

They are not. Current playable Worgen were just bitten by other Worgen. Original ones where Night Elves that went into druidism so hard the beast took over. The mage, Arugal just let them out from a pocket dimension in Emerald Dream where they were locked in by Malfurion.

They turn into cat/worgen and bear/worgen hybrids. For both of them their snouts and manes are worgen like. Now why they aren’t more worgen like, it’s simple, noone just thought about giving druids much more unique looking forms.

4 Likes

Still less irrelevant than cow Paladins.
I mean Tauren.

3 Likes

I’m personally very happy with my worgen cat and bear forms, they look plenty feral to me (now if only we could do something about that stag form…)

In my headcanon worgen druids are basically hedge witches with a few modest nature-related powers (more of the Strangling Roots/Insect Swarm type of druidism and less of the laser beams and shapeshifting).
That is until the Night Elves come along and teach them ‘proper’ druidism, with all of the lunar spellcasting and the conventional shapeshifting forms, including cats and bears.

So yeah, that’s why that’s the way it is. At least in my head. The fact that we’ve adopted the worgen curse may influence how our shapeshifted forms manifest, but it doesn’t change the actual techniques that we were taught.

2 Likes

not really, tauren forms resemble them a lot.

infact bear form for taurens looks super close to them.

I think worgen deserve better forms.

Rather a swift wolf for catform, a burly wolf for bearform like the big bad wolf in kara, and a top hat good doggo for moonkin and a zen doggo for resto

Well the night elves taught the worgen druidism didn’t they? So they would teach them their forms.
Worgen is on the edge I believe when it comes to controlling there wolf urges but i think night elves wouldn’t encourage the use of wolf form as they know gow dangerohs it can be.

Gilneians already knew basic druidism as they used it to grow their own crops.
Night elves basically finished their training. So i don’t think they would teach them how to empower their wolf form.

Im probably wrong, but i’m pretty sure the start zone explains a lot.

The plural of “Worgen” is “Worgen”. There is no “s” at the end.

Secondly, Worgen druids are Harvest Witches in lore for the most part. Harvest Witches practiced magics that were similar to that of elven druids. The Night Elves continue to teach the Gilneans further in this.

As far as shape-shifting is concerned…

^ this is a reasonable explanation :slight_smile: Celestine of the Harvest was able to shape-shift into a bird a few times, so it does confirm that Worgen druids are able to shape-shift and that this isn’t just a gameplay accommodation.

There is also a quest in Un’goro Crater where a Night Elf druid is teaching a Worgen, and he makes reference to the Worgen shape-shifting into a bear in the quest text.

Alright I see I sparked a bit of a conversation here. I do agree that Worgen have a specific look when they’re in their shapeshift forms, but I think they should have taken this further.

So, imagine an ordinary Gilnean citizen. They’re cursed with this Worgen form, they can kind of control it etc. You got your warriors, your rogues, your mages, they tap into that Worgen form when they enter combat to gain that feral edge over their opponents.
On the other hand, you got those Druids. Now they need something extra since they’re druids and they gotta change. For me, personally, it doesn’t make sense for Worgen druids to have nearly the same forms as every other druid race.
In my head, their Worgen form IS their cat form and bear form.

For example, when they enter cat form, they should go into a more feral stance, lowered, more hunched over, tweak it as much to be distinguishable from the normal Worgen form, which should be more human-like like they’re going to be soon.
Bear form could be them turning into a big Dire Wolf, something like Fenrir, or a version of that. Or something like that.
I think it would kinda make more sense and it would use their Worgen forms to a greater extent making them more unique.

1 Like

Do you think nightelves see their nightelf form, or trolls their troll form? Or tauren their cow(sorry, tauren) form…?

1 Like

What makes less sense: Worgen Death Knights. The worgen lore-wise were created to fight the undead and are not able to become undead themselves.

3 Likes

This. Obviously Worgen can behave like Death Knights and be taught the ways of the Death Knights, but if they themselves are the raise dead, then that does not make sense. That is a lorelol.

I don’t actually know if the worgen have the death appearances that the other races do. I can check later. You know those 3 extra faces and accompanying skin tones.

1 Like

But those are their basic forms. Night elves, trolls Kul’tira and Tauren ARE those races. They don’t transform into something and then transform into a cat or bear.

Worgen are human. Being in Worgen form means being transformed.

Difference is though, they can’t control their worgen form, unlike their druidic forms. Their druidism isn’t a curse, but their worgen form is, and you can view that magic as able to take them out of their curseformed state, but into another state makes you limited as you’ll still be a beast.

Also, worgen are still able to swap out of their worgen form, but I don’t know enough about it to tell you why, and what the criterias are. I just know that we see characters like Genn in human form a lot.

lul anyone can be druid shaman or paladin, unless you are undead then being paladin will actually suck cuz light will burn your asz

It’s ok tho undead can be holy priests.