World map keeps opening with quest log - annoying!

Is there a way to change this behavior so that pressing M really only opens the world map and the quest log only when I click on the icon for it?
This is stupid because if I want the quest log, I press L.
Closing the quest log in map view seems to reset it to default-open after each relog of the char. (Not sure though how exactly it resets.)

That should as far as i’m aware still be the default behavior, you most likely have the questlog manually folded out.

Assuming “L” is bound to “Toggle Quest Log” and “M” is bound to “Toggle World Map Pane” (which i think are both the defaults):

• Press M to open the map (which may or may not currently include the questlog)
  • Fold the questlog in or out with the [ < ? ] button in the lower right corner.
  • Now, when opening the map with the M button, the state of the quest log is remembered. So if you fold it in (disabling the questlog), then the next time you use M it will again not include the questlog.
  • When opening the map with the L button, it will always show the questlog, this won’t interfere with the “remembered state” that’s used by the M button.
1 Like

Open the map or quest log and click the maximize arrow in the top right corner. Then the map will be maximized and not include the quest log.

1 Like
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/classic-quest-log

Have you tested it and it does the job?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.