World of Rio

Yup! Thank you again, glad to see a few friendly people trying to solve my problem instead of suggesting I should uninstall the game or see a psychiatrist :wink:

1 Like

Some communities have started to battle exactly against that mentality.

Hmm, I like what I hear! Oh and one last question if I may : can a single character join multiple communities?

Yes you can. Also I have seen on forums here several mentions of the m+/in-game activities communities that seem to do fine and ok and are directly aimed for fun instead of “go-go”.

Thanks so much!

U can check out Scared of Dungeons

We are NOT a community for pushing keys though, more a place to get your keys done without pugging and risk of ppl leaving when timer is not made.

We do not ask for rio, we do not ask for ilvl and we do not asked for timeing keys. We do also expect our members to not join keys way above their skill level since the aim is to finish the key within reasonable time (having to spend 3 hrs in a key and still not being able to finish it can be frustrating for all).

2 Likes

RiO was originaly created becouse of titanforging and how even most casual audience can nowdays gearup without touching anything above LFR. You no longer can tell of person is or isnt experienced in type of content by gear. Fact you own multiple alts with high end gear only makes existence of this addon even more dire. Back in days if you had T5 you could take that guy into your t5 raid. I have 463 Shaman and i havent touched single mythic+ or any type of raiding above lfr. Thata why we need this addon.

5 Likes

Or it’s just an indicator to how geared a player have managed to get.

Damn it. Now I just have that Duran Duran song stuck in my head…

1 Like

Pre-Rio in pugs i used to check people in armory to see what they did and what they did not.

Even without rio you wont be able to hide your low progress as armory will still exist.

However if you get some rating to dungeons that you never completed before people will trust you with their “precious” keys and you will get invites.

3 Likes

Oh it really IS.
People are using these stupid addons. People want to ‘be the best’, ‘the most efficient’, etc. People have no patience. People are selfish. It’s definitely people’s fault.

1 Like

True, a 20 key done with efficiency takes as much time as a 10 key done without efficiency.

I dislike raider io but adore it when it helps me filter out the players who are most likely going to burn my keystone, its the most reliable means of pugging thus far.

Well I still think Rio is not a great indicator of how good a player is, but how he managed to find a good team with a single character, including paying for it so he can just sit behind or dying all the way to last boss. If it was so great at telling how good a player is, it cannot even tell if people follow mechanics, interrupt spells or such, it has nothing to do with gameplay in my personal opinion.

Still I can’t get why people would ask for a certain overall score, like completing one dungeon in time would matter to complete another different one, see? As long as it concerns one character involved in a specific team (not to mention weekly affixes), it cannot be trusted. Say you got a different, bright now character right now and get some gear, would that mean you are an awful player or at least probably are? I mean, people tend to claim someone with 1600 is better than someone with 500, while it cannot be proved true. It’s not like it was some kind of ratio including both victories and failures with an average pick-up team.

As someone said, it would be less risky to pick the one with the higher score, but cannot be sure. Plus, higher scores means more competition thus the player is more likely to leave if something goes wrong so he would not “waste his time” completing something in one hour instead of 40 minutes. Really not respectful to teamates… I guess more keystones are burnt by people who paid or got carried whatsoever, unlike people who are trying hard to pass these challenges.

Top score is biased as one only need to be carried so he can reach that Rio rating… I would have a different point of view if it was about every dungeon he had been into since last season.

Anyway! Since such a built-in addon was provided by Blizz during MOP (the “ordalie” challenge, sorry I don’t know the English name for it), giving bronze, silver or gold ranking to people, why is still visible in BFA MM+ group search, while it really can’t tell anything interesting about player’s statistics? Blizz’ should do something more fair and accurrate than Rio.

I think the solution to you is, find friends and have fun and dont give a crap about rio. Or do because it is fun to get your scores up with your friends :slight_smile:

Edit:
Looking at my own. I am apparently the number ~3500 holy pala of the world and my highest timed dungeon is a +21. I am never the best or at the top. I just like it to have fun and spent time with my friends.

And what does MM+ mean?

Yeah I would like to, but from the moment we got LFR dungeons and “cross servers”, most “chill out” guilds disbanded or have become empty nutshells… Sometimes I just cannot whisp someone I had fun with because he is from A server while I am from B one.
When I was playing WOTLK, people had to know each other, now they can just get some score, press a button and play with people they do not need to see again as score is all that matters (which suits some people as they can ruin everyone’s fun knowing they probably would not meet again). That is why I said wow evolved to world of rio, while it is not entirely Rio’s fault I reckon.
Oh, MM+ is something we use on my server to refer to mythic keys : mythic mode +1,2,3… Maybe something specific to my country.

Not an add-on issue. People find better prospects than your chars and invite THEM, not you.

Wow is not a world of rio. It is an MMO, and dungeons are supposed to play with a group. It is not solo content. When you pug you actively agree with not going the big social way of guild, friend-groups, blizzard communities or discord communities. I am part of failtrain-discord and today we were missing 1 of our group and we just asked for 1 player to have fun with, and we did his key. We never asked for anything rio. That whole website does not exists in there. And we did ML 15 -> siege 17 -> freehold 16 -> temple 17 (siege 18, but time to eat). :man_shrugging:

Go the social way. Really. Dont put yourself in the group of thousands and thousands of other anonymouses who are ‘competing’ for that same spot in the dungeon.

3 Likes

Lepanto : Well I do not mind, unless I cannot upgrade my keys with PUG, as someone eventually makes a mistake and leaves…

Psjohly : You are right about that community advice, few people already mentioned it so I will look this way. I still think Rio is just getting everywhere around which is really bothering me, while I queue in thousands of anonymouses because so far I had not much choice. First thing I see when queuing is “Rio check” or “2k rio min”, that’s why I use to rebrand it “world of rio”…

:slight_smile:
Rio is everywhere because there is nothing else for the pug world. there is no alternative to choose between the big amounts of people signing up.
It is nowhere in communities :+1: People know each other and play with each other.