World of Warcraft®: The War Within™ Goes Live 26 August!

YIPEEEE!!!
Pre-patch when? I want my warband, I want to farm ALL the mogs!

1 Like

Cool! Can’t wait for the 22nd of august!
And of course the pre-patch some time before that.

I’m happy!

1 Like

Too soon, executus! Too soon!!!

Anyway im really hyped! Finally.

1 Like

In case you hadn’t seen, it is meant to come in time for EA.

This is a pre-order product and will ship before the launch of the expansion on or before August 26, 2024. The Collector’s Edition is scheduled to arrive before Early Access!

• World Of Warcraft: The War Within Epic Edition Game Key
  • The War Within Hardcover Art Book
  • Gryphon Rider Statue
  • Collector’s Pin featuring Anduin, Alleria, and Thrall
  • World of Warcraft: The War Within 20th Anniversary Collector’s Edition
  • Epic Edition Game Content includes: Enhanced Level 70 Character Boost; 3 Days of Early Access, and 30-Days of Game Time; Algarian Stormrider Mount; Stormrider’s Attire Transmog Set; Deepdweller’s Earthen Hearthstone Effect, Squally, the Storm Hatchling Pet, and the Sandbox Storm Gryphon Toy; and 1000 Trader’s Tender
  • Box measures approximately 27.2cm x 30.6cm x 7.4cm
    Product Description
    Descend into the depths of Azeroth and discover subterranean worlds. This Epic Edition Collector’s Set is filled to the brim with treasures to aid you as you explore new hidden wonders and lurking perils.

Guaranteed Beta Access Coming! Customers who have already purchased the World of Warcraft: The War Within 20th Anniversary Collector’s Edition will receive a digital code that provides Beta Access. This code will be sent by email on or before Wednesday, June 12, 2024.

Pre-order items are excluded from any promotions and not eligible for discounts using a promo code.

1 Like

That’s a very cheap cinematic. Half of it is old stuff, rest is just 3 seconds of random animations of Azeroth’s ugliest human trying to look tough, a dwarf, some fae creature, and the back of what looks to be an orc. You’d remove Xal’atath at the end and it would be hard to guess it’s WoW.

6 Likes

Me too!!! The prepatch even I’ll probably only do on my main so won’t take me long, then I can farm things!

4 Likes

I just received a mail saying it’ll come on or before 6/12 (I assume it’s an American date, because if it isn’t that means it’d come in December which obviously makes no sense. So real date is in 3 days)

In other words, they heard the feedback that we weren’t happy they couldn’t provide a beta key even through their own store, and they listened, and here it is.

Only one problem though: A lot of people already bought a second version of the game.

This is just not very well handled, but it’s still a W compared to where we were.

The good news of course is that this shouldn’t happen next time. Now they know.

Yeah if you look at that info I copy pasted it says

Guaranteed Beta Access Coming! Customers who have already purchased the World of Warcraft: The War Within 20th Anniversary Collector’s Edition will receive a digital code that provides Beta Access. This code will be sent by email on or before Wednesday, June 12, 2024.

I do hate American dates :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

Hopefully this system can be streamlined going forward and people won’t need to buy digital and CE versions of the game.

1 Like

Don’t we all hate American dates… why is it so hard to say 12th of June instead of June 12th… D:

Anyway, I just confirmed that, having ordered it earlier, I now got an email updating me on the situation as well. :stuck_out_tongue:

This edition should just be on the normal store and after buying it they send the order off to their gear store and that’s all there is to it imo.

As the only Brit that works for an American company, I pride myself on writing the date the correct way.

2 Likes

I don’t know if they actually said or even implied anything of the sort, but I was kind of under the impression that the plan was for MoP Remix to end pretty much at the same time that prepatch starts, so that you have plenty of time to enjoy the prepatch content with your newly leveled characters. If Remix ends on the 19th and the expansion is released on the 22nd, that would hardly be the case. I realize that I’m in the minority as a returning player who skipped Shadowlands and barely played Dragonflight, but I thought that the fact that you didn’t even need to own Dragonflight in order to play Remix was Blizzard saying “Hey, welcome back, here’s a great opportunity to create a bunch of characters in preparation for the upcoming expansion!”. If that was the intention, it seems like an odd decision to screw them over like this. I mean, I’m guessing I’ll want to play the prepatch content for more than 2-3 days, but since all my new characters are locked in Remix mode, all I have is a crappy old Warlock at item level 401 that I played for 2-3 weeks last summer and have zero interest in playing right now. I had a 65 Demon Hunter and 64 Evoker too, but I deleted them and remade them in Remix since I figured a set of 36 slot bags would be pretty sweet, and honestly leveling 10 to 70 in Remix seemed more appealing than leveling 65 to 70 in Dragonflight.

I guess it’s not the end of the world or anything, wouldn’t say that I’m angry. Mostly just surprised, and somewhat confused and disappointed.

But do you go around with a Tipp ex pen and write an “i” on rolls of “aluminum foil” like I used to do and was told to stop by a WalMart associate or I would be banned from the store

2 Likes

Well I do hope it will not be flop, not that is a issue since I am not going to buy it.

I will just wait for when it gets included with the subscription.

The Remix/Prepatch speculation was all from players from what I’ve seen and it wasn’t an unreasonable guess.

I don’t know if they will allow Remix characters out early for prepatch. We just don’t know atm.

2 Likes

Dragon Flights was good for 3 seasons. Season 4 has not done it for me this expansion though bring on the War Within its looking extra good

1 Like

I don’t like the S4 concept, I didn’t enjoy it at the end of last expansion either. So it tends to be when I do other things.

I will only have done one +8 this week for vault because I just don’t care.

Remix was frankly more interesting to do than S4 beyond getting my mount and doing basic gearing up/bullion vendor. I have been doing some testing on beta since it went live.

2 Likes

Yup agreed nothing has lived up to BFA S4 up until now they have been meh hopefully things change with these new expansions coming i have faith!

getting ready for a night out?

1 Like

Well, with an extra weekend of playtime in the early access i know what version i have to buy.

I don’t. I definitely prefer some of the ingame models of characters to the ones in the trailer.