World of Warcraft®: The War Within™ Goes Live 26 August!

The 3 days early access will fix it they say :pensive:

1 Like

The EU image has it in BST which is the time in the UK. Might be easier for people to understand.

Excellent post lol. Not long to wait now, the live launch of War Within is going to be one of the best. IMHO.

I think it’s going to be a disaster on the bigger servers considering how people are funneled into the same starting area, lol.

With DF launch the boat didn’t even appear at the harbour in stormwind on silvermoon.

With the SL launch, draenor was lagging out like mad and it was unplayable.

BFA was almost impossible to play in the starting place because of so many people, it took ages for any actions to happen after you pressed your buttons. Got better once you got out of there and people dispersed to different zones though.

Can yall remove the damn 3 day earlier log in for people who pay more; I’m getting a bit tired of this company doing stuff like this. Any company really but cmon man this is just so obviously exploiting your fan base! It’s tacky, classless and in poor taste!

Remove the 3 day earlier logging; NEVER EVER offer that again in any game EVER!
Give people who already bought it an extra 30 days play time or something.

3 Likes

Honestly I have no idea what PDT or BST is. XD
For english people it might be easier; for me, I just google it and get my local time. :sweat_smile: Which, btw, is why I included the central european time in that post.

It’s also a bit silly of Blizzard to include the british time imo. The brits are notoriously ‘different’ than mainland europe in various ways. You lot are stubborn and set in your ways like no other. :joy: So for Blizzard to pick the one outlyer instead of ‘what most european countries use’ seems silly to me. But oh well, rant over. :kissing_heart:

To be fair; i had to google BST too :grin:
Brittish Summer Time. Like who is using that actually as timezone?

Considering the servertime in game is from France = central european time, it is quite a funny choice.

2 Likes

Well they use ounce, pounds, miles, so in a way writing BST fits with the others :sweat_smile:

GMT would have been the standard reference indeed.

2 Likes

Thank god. Finally this dull-as-ditchwater expansion will be over.

2 Likes

I was really hoping our MoP: Remix characters would be transferred over with time to do the pre-patch with them. This expansion is coming earlier than expected.

Hoping for a way to transfer them over before the Remix mode ends…

With you as an exception it is mostly easier for people to understand that London is one hour earlier than Paris.

So 11pm BST is midnight CEST.

The HQ moved from France to England so the times are now given in that timeframe. There is no one timezone that covers all of the EU region.

1 Like

True, but there is a timezone that covers the vast majority of Europe. And BST is not it.
That was my point.

But hey, first world problems, right? :sweat_smile:

If you don’t like an EU start time then good for you.

I was being helpful and I will always promote the EU announcements and release info over US which is far more confusing.

Oh don’t get me wrong; this wasn’t condemning anything you did.
The extra attention on it was appreciated.

I just find it weird on Blizzard’s part. But I suppose americans still in general have no real idea about the stuff that goes on in Europe.

1 Like

That’s a good point :grin:

My question was more why they aren’t using the ingame time. I am pretty sure that’s the same for the whole region (europe). We are using in communities for that reason the game date and time when scheduling raids/dungeons/events.

1 Like

I like realm time. So much simpler for everything!

3 Likes

When exactly does early access start in the EU? Aug 22 or Aug 23 at 00:00?

Both, technically. 22nd, but it changes to 23rd at midnight.

1 Like

So there is no chance that it is Aug 22 and 8 am? Or Aug 22 and 2pm?

Realm time is CEST, you have the option to show your local time if you want in-game.

Showing GMT is fair enough, it’s only these Summer Time that are messing up everything :sweat_smile: